More S&C coaches added

boisnumber1

Boss move. This is exactly the type of thing Harsin is going to have to do to elevate us in the SEC. He knows how to run an organization. The amount of NFL, College, and Olympic experience is impressive. 

Dennis Love, Purdue
Akeem Robinson, Southeastern
Anthony Lazard, Boise State
Brandon Pringle, Arky State

I love how every move coach Harsin makes is done with great attention to detail. I’m sure other programs have strength coaches that work with specific position groups, but it’s impressive to me and has to be good for our current players and recruiting.

Staffing might look like one strange, unappreciated Lego piece from 20 different specialty kits. But when assembled, hopefully it turns out to be a pirateBeard-MilleniumFalcon-HarryPotter-LOTR-bionic-Avenger pimp-slapping, curbstomping, recruit-taking, freak-building, beast. Or at least a recognizably more sophisticated and potent assemblage than the prior staff. 🤞

Absolutely love that two of the four have trainers with Olympic backgrounds.  Big sticklers for form.

I hope to be one of these on our staff within the next 5-10 years. I’ll take my CSCS exam within the next year & get my collegiate  S&C certification. The end result is to become apart of the program in some role of sort. Been a dream since I was 4. I have a background in lifting so I always get excited when I see these hires. Love the S&C guys. WDE

4 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I hope to be one of these on our staff within the next 5-10 years. I’ll take my CSCS exam within the next year & get my collegiate  S&C certification. The end result is to become apart of the program in some role of sort. Been a dream since I was 4. I have a background in lifting so I always get excited when I see these hires. Love the S&C guys. WDE

Chase that dream, man! 

13 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Keep driving ! You will get there. Smart guys like you are so important for the success of football programs 

I like what I'm seeing! A couple of things I'm curious about: 1) What do SEC S&C staffs normally look like? 2) What will the dynamic be between them and Pittman?

10 hours ago, JTFazz said:

Dennis Love, Purdue
Akeem Robinson, Southeastern
Anthony Lazard, Boise State
Brandon Pringle, Arky State

Anthony is the brother of Green Bay's Allen Lazard. What does that mean? Nothing, I'm just a Packers fan so I think it's pretty cool. 

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/call-from-los-angeles-rams-was-too-much-for-lovett-to-resist

Purdue's head strength coach got hired by the L.A. Rams to be their head strength coach in early 2020. Apparently he was very effective with Purdue. He voices his confidence in Dennis Love. 

8 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I like what I'm seeing! A couple of things I'm curious about: 1) What do SEC S&C staffs normally look like? 2) What will the dynamic be between them and Pittman?

Forgive me if this is redundant to what you already know, and I don't know if this addresses your questions, but just as important as the actual S&C part for Pittman- and his equals in the business ("normal SEC S&C staffs")- is the implementation of the head coach's culture. Toughness, work ethic, attention to detail, understanding expectations in general... the S&C guys are charged with a lot of that because they're the ones who spend time with the players year round while the on-field staff are very limited in the time they can spend with them. (I'm pretty sure the S&C guys have a lot to do with helping rookies get settled in.) Also, since the time that the on-field staff spends with the players is so limited, that needs to be spent on teaching them how to execute plays and game plans. Harsin's not going to have a lot of time to tell players how to "behave". 

And I think that's the main reason Pittman was brought in. Universally, the knock on him seems to be that he's fallen a bit behind on the actual S&C part of it. He's a '71 Chevelle and these new guys are Teslas. bama and uga and Clemson have Teslas, too. That Chevelle has an important place in the garage, but the Teslas are the daily drivers. They're getting folks to work every day. 

Okay, now I'm just entertaining myself with dumb analogies. Sorry about that. I only mean to say that I'm guessing Pittman will be charged with delegating Harsin's vision to his staff and the players, and his staff be charged with actually coming up with the (modern) training and dietary regimens. If accurate, this is extremely exciting to me. 

Oh, back to question one. Scott Cochran was long considered an extremely important part of saban's success, but I don't think it was because he knew more about exercise (or PEDs) than the next guy. I think it was because every spring and fall camp, saban was handed a team full of focused, tough, disciplined, fit players who understood what would be expected of them. That's Pittman's job. And he'll let his staff deal with the "fit" part. 

PS- Really excited about Lazard. I was hoping he'd be coming with Harsin as soon as Harsin was announced and I took a look at his Boise staff. That dude's resume is impressive to me. Now that we have him *and* Pittman? Hell yeah. Also, this suggests to me that Harsin already knows this hierarchy can work. 

Love Love Love how Harsin is building the AU program right now. Multiple S&C coaches that each can focus on specific positions. This is so freaking smart and an obvious thing to do!! I assume we are not the first to take this approach but i'm so glad we are taking that approach now. I was worried about being too old school in our S&C program but that worry is gone now. Harsin is literally picking the AU football program up and putting us on his back and saying "here let me show you what a big time program looks like". 

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Harsin is literally picking the AU football program up and putting us on his back and saying "here let me show you what a big time program looks like". 

It is insane that you are saying this. You're not insane for saying it. It's insane that it's true. That the guy from Boise is bringing big time football to Auburn.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That Chevelle has an important place in the garage,

Made me think of Home Improvement, loved that show.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It is insane that you are saying this. You're not insane for saying it. It's insane that it's true. That the guy from Boise is bringing big time football to Auburn.

Boise in the 'hood...

Going to be good. 

53 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Boise in the 'hood...

Going to be good. 

Idaho rap

ain't no crap

if it gets you playin like you should.

Archived