Men vs Ole miss

Maverick.AU

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I'm sick and tired of playing 28 year-olds. So glad this is his last game for OM.

He’ll probably get a 10th year of eligibility from the ncaa 

This will be the first time I've ever looked at Bruce's coaching and had to shake my head. His substitutions were really bad. Moore deserves way more than 7 minutes and no minutes after the 15 minute mark of the second half.

Unbelievable! Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and 2nd straight home loss to a mediocre team. This young team needs to get it pose back .

Pathetic. Two home losses to below average teams. Bad play and bad coaching. Nobody on this team is even close to being NBA ready

Actually a 2. Ole miss wins 86-84 we should be absolutely embarrassed. We evidently werent embarrassed enough from that Georgia showing. Honestly this is just sad basketball. War Eagle anyways. I’m operating on an empty stomach. Time to go eat! 

I'm afraid that the "Rona" rules may allow basketball players to get yet another year of eligibility and Schuler finally finishes his MD at Ole Miss Medical School...

This was just another awful game. Another big lead lost. Pearl has to stop sticking with seniority so much. New starters should be Coop, Cambridge, Moore, Cardwell, and Williams. Flan and Coop on the floor together just doesn't work. Moore has been on fire lately and it's a crime that he only gets 7 minutes a game. Cardwell is the best rebounder and him and Williams are the two best big men defenders we have.

Thor, JJ, and Flan are all better off the bench as shown about 6 minutes into the second half when they were keeping the lead. Then Flan and Coop started playing together and we lost a 10+ point lead. Sad earlier in the game that if we lose it's Coop's fault but will change that to say it's Coop and Pearl's fault. One of the only times I think Pearl has just coached a really bad game.

PART of an offensive game plan SHOULD include a set of plays with off ball screening action. You can't rely solely on a facilitator going one on one, or using a ball screen. I've harped on this a million times. Especially if you don't have enough ball handlers to effectively run an offense that way. The coaching staff recognized this last year, and starting doing some of it towards the end of the season. And it helped. A lot. Flan, bless his heart, is not a facilitator. Not yet anyway.

2 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

If one bad call causes you to fall apart then you don’t deserve to win. This team is mentally weak.

Agree but the point remains. Cooper needs to polar better. He seems to get down really easily if thing don’t go his way. He also has no jump shot. He is very good at dribbling and passing the ball though. 

Several points.  

On our late time out, apparently no coach reminded the players that there were only 20 seconds on the shot clock.

the charge was an awful call. 

This young team has got to mature enough to know how to finish a game. It is like they relax when ahead late or panic when behind.

WDE Always!!  

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

I'm afraid that the "Rona" rules may allow basketball players to get yet another year of eligibility and Schuler finally finishes his MD at Ole Miss Medical School...

He finished his MD 2 years ago I believe 

Archived