Men vs Ole miss

Maverick.AU

Just now, around4ever said:

Several points.  

On our late time out, apparently no coach reminded the players that there were only 20 seconds on the shot clock.

the charge was an awful call. 

This young team has got to mature enough to know how to finish a game. It is like they relax when ahead late or panic when behind.

WDE Always!!  

Yep to all this

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paying for the youngest team.  Taking our lumps this year, gonna pay off next year.  Not gonna go dancing this year anyway.  It's ok.  Fun to watch this group mature even with the heartache of a loss like this.

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Paying for the youngest team.  Taking our lumps this year, gonna pay off next year.  Not gonna go dancing this year anyway.  It's ok.  Fun to watch this group mature even with the heartache of a loss like this.

Yep, I guess the only positive is we aren’t worried about post season hopes but man there’s a lot of talent

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I still stand by more Moore and less flan. Moore has led to some of our most efficient stretches 

Agree.  I would like to see more Moore and Franklin.  

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, I guess the only positive is we aren’t worried about post season hopes but man there’s a lot of talent

Yep!

It's gotta learn to play together on both ends.

Gonna be more fun to watch.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I still stand by more Moore and less flan. Moore has led to some of our most efficient stretches 

He led the team in +- with 7 in only 7 minutes. Him, Cardwell, Cambridge, and Williams can give us a larger line-up with the shorter Coop in.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Flan is a better finisher, than a facilitator where he becomes a bull in a china shop. THAT'S when we should run set plays. When HE'S the facilitator. It relieves the pressure from him trying to force things, versus being part of the flow.

3 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

No one is going to cut Flans minutes.  Why I hate parents coaching their kids. 

Surely................?!?

Hadn't thought of that.

5 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

No one is going to cut Flans minutes.  Why I hate parents coaching their kids. 

I don't think that's the case at all. I think that's just Pearl's way of coaching. He is very reluctant to change line-ups. He sticks with guys no matter how bad they're playing and no matter if other's are playing better. Just look at Williams last year.

Edit: Btw, if you couldn't tell from my past posts. I'll always be a bit salty at Pearl for doing Williams dirty last year. He even came out and said that the reason Williams wasn't playing was because other's had been here longer and in his mind earned the playing the time. I was one of the people calling for Williams to get way more playing time from very early in the season.

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Kermit Davis owns Bruce Pearl. Just hard to understand how he continues to out coach him

I'm thinking it's more Jimmys and Joes this year.

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I'm thinking it's more Jimmys and Joes this year.

More experienced Jimmys and Joes.....way more....

5 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Kermit Davis owns Bruce Pearl. Just hard to understand how he continues to out coach him

My guess is it’s just the way he constantly changes their defense. It slows teams down a lot, which really hurts teams like us.

2 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

My guess is it’s just the way he constantly changes their defense. It slows teams down a lot, which really hurts teams like us.

Yes, we struggle against small ball half court teams.

Need to sign some guys who can consistently shoot the basketball. The shooting is abysmal.  Free throw shooting is inexplicable. 

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Seniors help a lot.  They don't make the same mistakes over and over also Schuler and White are a tough Combo a strong inside player who can get the ball down low and go to work and who also is great at setting picks. Shula has sweet shot and doesn't need much room to be open. I love how he drives and pulls up and shoots with perfect form even when he is off balance watch the follow through on his shot. He is to good for Cooper at this time in his career to handle.  Flanagan didn't do much better when he tried to play him. Shuler is the type player who was good but got better each year. Auburn has always had trouble stopping Ole Miss guards from scoring. Shula also has very quick hands and knocked the ball away from Cooper a few times.

Games like the last few show what Cooper is great at vision and pin point passing it also has highlighted his weaknesses defense inconsistent shot and momentary lapses of judgement as good as he is we sometimes forget he is an freshman who has now only played 9 college games. Sec coaches have seen enough of Cooper and Auburn now to design how to play us.  Maybe these types of games will get Cooper to realize how much better he can be if he stays one more year.

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

They rotate sweeping each other. Bruce swept him last year. Which means we should sweep them next year. Kermit is a good coach because of his junk defenses but his recruiting has been awful. All the success he has had is still because of Andy Kennedy's players. Brandin Tyree and Shuler are kennedy guys. Who have been the best players in his 3 seasons at ole miss. 

Starting next season he will have lost the final really good kennedy player in Shuler and I don't think kermit atrocious offense's have any staying power in the sec. He is basically trying to be the double dribble of the SEC and I just don't see it.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They rotate sweeping each other. Bruce swept him last year. Which means we should sweep them next year. Kermit is a good coach because of his junk defenses but his recruiting has been awful. All the success he has had is still because of Andy Kennedy's players. Brandin Tyree and Shuler are kennedy guys. Who have been the best players in his 3 seasons at ole miss. 

Starting next season he will have lost the final really good kennedy player in Shuler and I don't think kermit atrocious offense's have any staying power in the sec. He is basically trying to be the double dribble of the SEC and I just don't see it.

Kermit has benefitted from the 8 yr college plan players more than any coach in existence 

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Kermit has benefitted from the 8 yr college plan players more than any coach in existence 

Bruhhhh Shuler played with Marshall Henderson I am sure of it!!! lmao

Archived