An Honest Conservative

TexasTiger

Chuck Hagel is a no-nonsense, truth-speaking Conservative-- which is why so many Republicans don't like him.

Sen. Chuck Hagel is angry. He's upset about the more than 1,700 U.S. soldiers killed and nearly 13,000 wounded in Iraq. He's also aggravated by the continued string of sunny assessments from the Bush administration, such as Vice President Dick Cheney's recent remark that the insurgency is in its "last throes." "Things aren't getting better; they're getting worse. The White House is completely disconnected from reality," Hagel tells U.S. News. "It's like they're just making it up as they go along. The reality is that we're losing in Iraq."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/050627/27bush.htm

I don't know anyone, conservative or otherwise, who is happy that we've lost so many in the middle east. But the alternative to deposing Saddam and fighting in the middle east was allowing him to continue his reign of terror and support for those would would fight the US on our soil.

Attacks by muslim terrorists in ONE DAY, 9/11 killed more Americans than the whole conflict in the middle east! Taking the fight to the enemy is ALWAYS preferable to letting the enemy bring the fight to us.

Note: Now that you've found an honest conservative, would you please identify an honest liberal? I've been searching for one for years without any success!!!!!

Taking the fight to the enemy is ALWAYS preferable to letting the enemy bring the fight to us. 

164605[/snapback]

Agreed. But we're talking about Iraq here, not the Taliban in Afghanistan, which I always supported "taking the fight to."

Taking the fight to the enemy is ALWAYS preferable to letting the enemy bring the fight to us. 

164605[/snapback]

Agreed. But we're talking about Iraq here, not the Taliban in Afghanistan, which I always supported.

164608[/snapback]

Er...you mean you always supported MILITARY ACTION AGAINST the Taliban, right?

As for Iraq...seems to me Saddam was a secular dictator, not part of the fanatic religious terrorist group that did 9-11. Lumping the Baathists and al qaeda together as "muslim terrorists" is like calling all Europe "the white guys".

164605[/snapback]

Agreed. But we're talking about Iraq here, not the Taliban in Afghanistan, which I always supported.

164608[/snapback]

Er...you mean you always supported MILITARY ACTION AGAINST the Taliban, right?

As for Iraq...seems to me Saddam was a secular dictator, not part of the fanatic religious terrorist group that did 9-11. Lumping the Baathists and al qaeda together as "muslim terrorists" is like calling all Europe "the white guys".

164614[/snapback]

Yes, thanks. I think context conveys the meaning, but I'll clarify nonetheless.

Attacks by muslim terrorists in ONE DAY, 9/11 killed more Americans than the whole conflict in the middle east!

Evidently the Iraqi civilians killed don't count for much.

support for those would would fight the US on our soil.

Glad to see you've hung on to the myth this long.

Hagel will now be crucified by the Rove 'hit squad.'

Archived