My team mates scared me today...

DKW 86

The otherwise sane and normal crowd that I supposed was all vaccinated, well, turns out only 2/5 of us are. 

No matter, the rest of the office has decided to not wear masks anymore. 

Look, I get the FREEDOM Uber Alles crowd, BUT the mask mandate as described in our work material and from what i see nationwide is:

If you are ALL Vaccinated+2 Weeks then you can forego wearing masks indoors. Outdoors is pretty much a free for all, OTHERWISE, Wear masks.

Am i just not hearing this right? Why would people with multiple degrees and supposedly sane (Red Maga nonetheless) decide to no longer follow mask protocol? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

The otherwise sane and normal crowd that I supposed was all vaccinated, well, turns out only 2/5 of us are. 

Look, I get the FREEDOM Uber Alles crowd, BUT the mask mandate as described in our work material and from what i see nationwide is:

If you are ALL Vaccinated+2 Weeks then you can forego wearing masks indoors. Outdoors is pretty much a free for all, OTHERWISE, Wear masks.

Am i just not hearing this right? Why would people with multiple degrees and supposedly sane (Red Maga nonetheless) decide to no longer follow mask protocol? 

Because it long since stopped being about medical knowledge and facts and became a religious belief.  Except the religion is MAGA politics.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

CDC guidance is quite clear. I suggest all read it. Apparently many are not doing so.

When people  begin with the presumption that everyone is out to get them, all they need is the slightest suggestion that something is proof of that in order to dig their heels in and stubbornly refuse to listen to reason.

• Like 1

What scared me the most was how my Boss answered a Teams Message. He completely brushed aside any mask wearing and then matter-of-factly filled in that he KNEW that he and at least two other employees were never getting vaccinated and they were not wearing masks come Monday. And I just disengaged from the MAGA meeting after that. 

Crazy People out there.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1