Harsin strikes again

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Didn't he have a stellar freshman season at Cal?

On a Sonny Dykes team that threw it 52 times a game? (which was 2nd in the nation in attempts, only behind Patrick Mahomes/Kliff Kingsbury and ahead of Mike Leach that same season)

Yeah I don't think Robertson is catching 50 passes this season.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

On a Sonny Dykes team that threw it 52 times a game? (which was 2nd in the nation in attempts, only behind Patrick Mahomes/Kliff Kingsbury and ahead of Mike Leach that same season)

Yeah I don't think Robertson is catching 50 passes this season.

Maybe not but 50 catches for 700+ yards and 7 touchdowns as a true freshman shows he has talent. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe not but 50 catches for 700+ yards and 7 touchdowns as a true freshman shows he has talent. 

While their leading WR on the team had nearly double the receptions.

This is a team that was always playing from behind. Of course he and all his teammates had a high number of receptions. It's why Sonny Dykes was fired.

Robertson goes to Georgia and the best he can do in one season on a team starved for WRs is 30 receptions. Follows that season up with 12 receptions. He nosedives below half his receptions with every season.

Again, not impressed with his stats or his play.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

This is a team that was always playing from behind. Of course he and all his teammates had a high number of receptions. It's why Sonny Dykes was fired.

Robertson goes to Georgia and the best he can do in one season on a team starved for WRs is 30 receptions. Follows that season up with 12 receptions. He nosedives below half his receptions with every season.

Got to remember GA struggled at QB this past year, cycling in 3 different QBs bc of ineffectiveness. So DR probably wasn't going to get as good as numbers as he did the previous yr. 

If he's healthy and picks up Harsin's offense well, no reason he doesn't contribute. He's got more yardage and receptions that about 3 or 4 of our young WRs combined I saw posted somewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Got to remember GA struggled at QB this past year, cycling in 3 different QBs bc of ineffectiveness. So DR probably wasn't going to get as good as numbers as he did the previous yr. 

If he's healthy and picks up Harsin's offense well, no reason he doesn't contribute. He's got more yardage and receptions that about 3 or 4 of our young WRs combined I saw posted somewhere.

This is well-pickled former 5-star WR, much more seasoned than George Pickens, who tore his ACL, AND has a future 1st/2nd rounder JT Daniels throwing to him, yet he still transfers?

Again, there’s a reason why he keeps transferring. 

Sure he’ll contribute, pending if his legal cases allow it. Former 5-star WR DeAngelo Benton, castoff from LSU, contributed too. 

Point is…don’t expect Robertson to live up to or even close to his 5-star rating, which is a 6-year old rating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

5 hours ago, Viper said:

This is well-pickled former 5-star WR, much more seasoned than George Pickens, who tore his ACL, AND has a future 1st/2nd rounder JT Daniels throwing to him, yet he still transfers?

Sure he’ll contribute, pending if his legal cases allow it. Former 5-star WR DeAngelo Benton, castoff from LSU, contributed too. 

Point is…don’t expect Robertson to live up to or even close to his 5-star rating, which is a 6-year old rating. 

The most unhappy take I've ever seen from a no-risk, high-reward roster move in taking on a 5 star receiver. 

• Like 4

I think Robertson will do fine and will provide a lot of leadership to the young but talented receiver corps we have. I do not expect him to be the top receiver on the team, but will have his fair share of catches. I think the law issue will resolve itself and will be a non-issue come the season. I do not think CBH would have wasted a slot on him if he did not think this will not get resolved.  What he did was wrong no doubt, but I think he wants the chance to prove he can still be a competent receiver on our team.

7 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think Robertson will do fine and will provide a lot of leadership to the young but talented receiver corps we have. I do not expect him to be the top receiver on the team, but will have his fair share of catches. I think the law issue will resolve itself and will be a non-issue come the season. I do not think CBH would have wasted a slot on him if he did not think this will not get resolved.  What he did was wrong no doubt, but I think he wants the chance to prove he can still be a competent receiver on our team.

Great to see you posting more Doc!! Hope all is well with you brother.

That's what I love about this place... a thread can go from a "maybe-not-so-accurate," hyperbolic article on signing a WR from Georgia to gender politics and a New Zealand transgender weightlifter in less than three posts. I'll be over here in the peanut gallery with Statler and Waldorf enjoying the show.

H9Hg.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JTFazz said:

That's what I love about this place... a thread can go from a "maybe-not-so-accurate," hyperbolic article on signing a WR from Georgia to gender politics and a New Zealand transgender weightlifter in less than three posts. I'll be over here in the peanut gallery with Statler and Waldorf enjoying the show.

H9Hg.gif

105,962 Squirrel Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The most unhappy take I've ever seen from a no-risk, high-reward roster move in taking on a 5 star receiver. 

Wrong. Temper expectations.

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Great to see you posting more Doc!! Hope all is well with you brother.

Thanks!! Glad to be back.

Glad to see that the charges were dropped against this young man. Now he can concentrate on school and football for his last collegiate year. I hope he has a breakout year and gains attention by NFL scouts.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:16 PM, Viper said:

Love the facepalms from you peeps that have clearly have never watched Robertson play. 50 to 30 to 12. Obviously in the right direction. Hit my music...

Edited by Viper

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Love the facepalms from you peeps that have clearly have never watched Robertson play. 50 to 30 to 12. Obviously in the right direction. Hit my music...

Oh how i needed this. Its 6:20 am and i just did the rock bottom on the dog asked my wife what she was carrying for lunch and before she could tell me i yelled it doesn't matter what your taking for lunch !!!!

Brother we are the 4 horsemen and if you like or not its the best thing going today.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, Viper said:

Bump in honor of today's 71 yard house call. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

23 receptions for 312 yards, an average of 4 receptions for 52 yards per game. Destined to be 1st Team All-Conference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 1:11 AM, AUght2win said:

So since you decided this is how it works…

Bump in honor of Robertson’s muffed punt.

Your serve. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

So since you decided this is how it works…

Bump in honor of Robertson’s muffed punt.

Your serve. 

Muff punt sucked. But another solid game. 3 catches for 55 yards. Great pickup by Harsin.

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Great pickup by Harsin.

Considering what we had coming back, um yeah. Else it would be just Hudson & the TEs.

But falls well short of this thread’s hype-themed title. 

36 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

nothing like bringing a thread back to show how terribly wrong you were, lol!!!!!!

Agreed, the OP way over-hyped the pickup.

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Wait, what? What L? What's going on? What does see you around mean? Where are you going??

The fantasy football game. You beat the hell out of me. That's all. Everything is ok. 

As far as the see you around I'm just popping up every now and then, I can't promise I won't say something like get out of here or something like that so I don't want any problems. So when I feel like I agree with a bunch I pop up.

But everything is good dude. Found out I'm moving again. Love you bro. Take care of my guy @cbo. He's one of the good ones. Don't ruin him

Edited by cole256
  • Thanks 2