Justice O'Connor resigns from the SCOTUS

TitanTiger

This is sure to begin a battle royal:

O'Connor to Retire From Supreme Court

By GINA HOLLAND

The Associated Press

Friday, July 1, 2005; 10:45 AM

WASHINGTON -- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court and a key swing vote on issues such as abortion and the death penalty, said Friday she is retiring.

O'Connor, 75, said she expects to leave before the start of the court's next term in October, or whenever the Senate confirms her successor. There was no immediate word from the White House on who might be nominated to replace O'Connor...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0100650_pf.html

Ruth Ginsberg needs to be the next to go. Since she has no intentions of retiring anytime soon, then I think that the impeachment process should beging immediately. She is a disgrace to this court, and to this country for that matter.

I never thought that I would live to see the day when one of our chief justices, Ginsberg included, would consult with European law to interpret our constitution.

Anyway, let the battle royal begin. I would not be surprised if President Bush is unable to get one of his nominees through to the Supreme Court. Considering the assinine deal concocted by 14 Senators last month(7 Republican, 7 Democrat), thereby eliminating the nuclear option suggested by Frist, all of Bush's nominees will get filibustered out of committee.

Alex

That agreement was so chock full of holes you could drive trucks through it. If the Republicans want a nominee bad enough and they have the up and down votes to get it, they'll invoke the so-called "nuclear option".

I say let the nukes FLY! The Republican Party holds the majority because that is the way the PEOPLE voted. The days of letting the libs "nuke" anyone that is not for abortion on demand are OVER ! ! ! !

Titan,

Maybe you're right. I think that the nuclear option will be on the table again once this agreement expires, after one year. The first instance of Democrat filibuster, in a case that is not extreme, will nullify the agreement and the nuclear option will be on the table once again. I just hope that Frist can keep his troops, especially McCain, in line next time.

Titan,

Maybe you're right. I think that the nuclear option will be on the table again once this agreement expires, after one year. The first instance of Democrat filibuster, in a case that is not extreme, will nullify the agreement and the nuclear option will be on the table once again. I just hope that Frist can keep his troops, especially McCain, in line next time.

166926[/snapback]

I would be willing to bet the dems are already planning their next filibuster and they don't even know who will be nominated. :(

You would WIN that bet! :big:

Oh, I expect the Democrats will make a lot of angry noises for their base, and then roll over. You'll get what Bush wants. Whether you end up liking it remains to be seen.

Who do you expect it will be? Gonzales? Owens? Bolton? Graham? Hatch?

A.Carl Rove

B. Rush Limbaugh

C. Shaun Hannity

D.Carl Rove

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Jeff Session actually brought up Bill Pryor's name on a soundbite this afternoon. Amazing, but true. Anyone have any thoughts on that one?

I could think of several candidates from this board that have proven to be quite judegemental. :D

Archived