Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

No I didn't. 

Ok. I gave specific examples of the name calling I was referring to. What you said was not name calling, therefor it was not mentioned in my post earlier.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok. I gave specific examples of the name calling I was referring to. What you said was not name calling, therefor it was not mentioned in my post earlier.

It's a simple discussion. 

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It appears you misunderstood my post. Try reading again.

edit- You can pull that misinformation card all day long, but just curious what reason I listed that you are saying is based off misinformation? The part about health risks down the road? No one knows what could come of this years down the road. The part about adverse effects now? I know someone personally who nearly died within 3 weeks of having the shot. 

Misinformation......not understanding the science behind it.....this technology is not new. It has been researched and developed for over 20 years. They are about to use it for HIV and have been developing it for use on cancer as well. The researchers have years of information to draw from, and they know how mRNA works.They also knew that a pandemic was inevitable, and they were prepared to take quick action. No one has EVER said that there will be never be reactions. A very small number of people have reactions to ANY VACCINE. That has always been the case and is not a unique characteristic of this particular vaccine. The risk with the COVID vaccine is extremely small compared to the huge risk of dying or having complications from COVID. Millions and millions of people have been vaccinated safely. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

• Thanks 3

A lot of people aren't worried with the short term side effects. They want results and studies of the long term side effects. 3 - 5 years or even more. Especially with a vaccine that is not using a live virus or a dead virus in them like say polio and mmr ones that do that. You know, the vaccines most get and show to prevent. It also doesn't help that Moderna has never received FDA approval on a product. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04470427

^^ Moderna trials end in 2022.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

^^ Pfizer trials end in 2023. However, looks like next week they'll get FDA approval, which won't change anything except make more folks even more suspicious.

Plus this: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/world/middleeast/israel-virus-infections-booster.html 

Regardless, this stuff will never end. It will always be here like the flu. People were sold on the fact that vaccines would cure it when that is false. That's why you see so much animosity around. One group just wants to be left alone while the other believes their way is the only way out of the mess. Doesn't help that it was politized like so many things are these days. Seems like that is the usual plan all along is to make the populace divisive among each other.

Anyway, war eagle!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Millions and millions of people have been vaccinated safely. 

I am not disputing that. There have also been millions get Covid and get through it with little to no harm. Just saying. People way the risk and make their own choice. 

• Facepalm 1

On 8/20/2021 at 5:21 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Do we know for a fact that Harsin is not vaccinated? A lot of people are inferring that he’s not, but who on here knows for sure?

For a fact? No. But the fact that he has declined to say whether he is vaccinated or not would, at least to my mind, be a strong indicator that he isn't.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, TigerTennis80 said:

I don't know anyone who has said vaccines should be forced or that people don't have a right to choose. But what no one has a right to choose is to endanger someone else. A person can choose to smoke cigarettes & endanger her or his own lungs, but that person can't choose to smoke in an indoor public space & endanger others' lungs. A person can choose to drink alcohol, but he or she can't choose to drink & drive because they don't get to choose to endanger other people. The same thing applies to vaccines. A person can choose not to be vaccinated, but she or he can't choose to endanger other people. So, they should stay home, wear a mask when out & socially distance. As far as I'm concerned, someone also doesn't have the right to choose to endanger the hard work a team puts into their season (see NC State at the CWS). That's putting "I" before team, & nearly every coach I've ever heard preaches against such an attitude. But I'm not sure about our coach. Troubles me.

Good post. Thanks! (Out of reactions for today.)

On 8/20/2021 at 5:44 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just wanna know, why is it that Auburn is one of the teams that can’t get their sh*t together? If every SEC team was in this boat, I’d just assume it was a cultural thing. But Lane, Kirby and Nick have their kids 100%. Those are the same kids from the same demographics and hometowns as our guys. So it’s not a cultural thing. It’s a failure on the part of our university, athletic dept, and coaching staff.

It absolutely is a failure of leadership. And incredibly disappointing. At some point this season that failure is likely to cost our Tigers a game. And that's the least of the bad that can happen.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:02 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

The fact that Nick Saban has turned his football team into a micro opposite version of the state of Alabama is downright incredible and admirable. I’ll never trash talk that guy again. He’s setting his guys up for success in a state that generally does nothing but constantly fail. 

Bama always wins - Alabama nearly always loses

Bama 100% vaccinated - Alabama worst state for vaccines

Bama = well run and fine tuned machine

Alabama = chaotic mess and embarrassment, more often than not.

As I'm out of reactions for today, I'm replying to say thanks, good post!

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 6:02 PM, Hank2020 said:

Your not correct. There always has been a work around for people who didn’t believe in vaccinations.

Up until this pandemic, those who don't "believe" in vaccinations has been a small percentage. Some people don't "believe" the earth is round either.

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

It absolutely is a failure of leadership. And incredibly disappointing. At some point this season that failure is likely to cost our Tigers a game. And that's the least of the bad that can happen.

All great leaders I’ve worked for strived to mitigate organizational disruption as much as possible. I am not seeing that happening with our football team and it is most disappointing. 

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And just about every single person that has a problem with what you just typed probably has been the same person that freaked out when an outgoing player skipped a meaningless bowl game to protect himself against the very real threat of an injury that could permanently compromise his ability to provide for himself and his family. They're the *exact* same ones accusing folks of being selfish and wanting these guys to get vaxxed for our own entertainment. (Which isn't even the main point for most of us. Although the coach damned sure does get paid enough to do whatever it takes to drag his ass to work every day.)

I'm trying to think of what the counter argument might be. I can't think of any that make sense. Good post!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's a pretty interesting comparison I haven't seenade yet and damn if it isn't spot on

It was like driving a nail with a single blow of the hammer. Yep...spot on.

19 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

FWIW - ADAG announced today that there's no plans for fan limitations, mask requirements or vaccination cards for Auburn football games this fall.

The failure of leadership starts at the top. 

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This may benefit those that see mRNA technology as something that has been rushed or not completely developed.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

A well written long form article beats any few sentences or paragraphs of argument on a message board. Many thanks for posting!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's a wild assumption to say that every person who chooses not to take the shot is doing so because of a political view or ideology.

Probably. 

Medical pre-conditions aside, those would be the ones who are scientifically illiterate and fearful.

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, provibe said:

Thanks! We have lost several close friends to this terrible disease. This was most recent, the first was a close church member who died spring of 2020. I have another friend that is in hospital now and one that is in quarantine. I have taken the vaccine but I have several close friends that will “not” take it and I respect their choice and to be honest, I don’t know if I would take it if I had a do over. Yes I have researched a good bit, I have seen the data(that can be manipulated) and now we will need a booster, wear 1 mask then 2 masks. I have also read about the billions of dollars that pharmaceutical companies are making (same companies making political contributions). I’m afraid that I don’t believe all that is reported so why should I fault someone for doing what they believe is the correct thing to do!

The history of infectious disease and epidemiology.

Edited by homersapien

11 hours ago, clwn said:

A lot of people aren't worried with the short term side effects. They want results and studies of the long term side effects. 3 - 5 years or even more. Especially with a vaccine that is not using a live virus or a dead virus in them like say polio and mmr ones that do that. You know, the vaccines most get and show to prevent. It also doesn't help that Moderna has never received FDA approval on a product. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04470427

^^ Moderna trials end in 2022.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

^^ Pfizer trials end in 2023. However, looks like next week they'll get FDA approval, which won't change anything except make more folks even more suspicious.

Plus this: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/world/middleeast/israel-virus-infections-booster.html 

Regardless, this stuff will never end. It will always be here like the flu. People were sold on the fact that vaccines would cure it when that is false. That's why you see so much animosity around. One group just wants to be left alone while the other believes their way is the only way out of the mess. Doesn't help that it was politized like so many things are these days. Seems like that is the usual plan all along is to make the populace divisive among each other.

Anyway, war eagle!

I think the issue here is fear of the unknown (and unlikely, according to many experts in a position to guess) and the pretty well known risks of covid for one's self and others you might infect.

So...when will harsin face the media and will he dodge or accept responsibility for his actions?

Think that's the next interesting part of this saga

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

18 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I never said anything about  feelings getting hurt. I would offer the same advice back, though. If it hurts someones feelings that a person has free will to make their own choice, they need to grow up as opposed to the slander and name calling.  

As for what is at the core of people's hesitancy on getting the shot, I can't say for everyone. Many different reasons. Some are afraid of long term risk and effects. Some are afraid of getting blood clots or other negative effects as others have after receiving the shot. I am sure there are other reasons as well. I am just speaking to the conversations I have had. 

Understood.  Just to once again point out, no blood clotting problems at all have been associated with the mRNA vaccines.  3 problems with the J&J were serious, but that is out of millions of doses given.  As for long term effects, I again ask people to read this UAB published article.

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/12143-three-things-to-know-about-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So...when will harsin face the media and will he dodge or accept responsibility for his actions?

Think that's the next interesting part of this saga

That's a good question. I'm hoping his ten days away from the team helps him come to grips with the fact that getting vaccinated will be better for their success this fall. I'm really concerned we're going to have to forfeit because we're at 50%! That's going to be an issue. 

If Coach Harsin isn't going to lead though... maybe Allen Greene steps up and brings in the doctors to talk to the players and coaches like Saban did.?? I'm hoping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

That's a good question. I'm hoping his ten days away from the team helps him come to grips with the fact that getting vaccinated will be better for their success this fall. I'm really concerned we're going to have to forfeit because we're at 50%! That's going to be an issue. 

If Coach Harsin isn't going to lead though... maybe Allen Greene steps up and brings in the doctors to talk to the players and coaches like Saban did.?? I'm hoping.

Yeah. Maybe he can do it while Harsin is out.  If we're at 50% now. I can't imagine we'll NOT have some import key losses during the season. Maybe not forfeit, but Def missing players.

Harsin is going to get asked about it during his 1st presser, I hope he takes some accountability and changes his stance 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah. Maybe he can do it while Harsin is out.  If we're at 50% now. I can't imagine we'll NOT have some import key losses during the season. Maybe not forfeit, but Def missing players.

Harsin is going to get asked about it during his 1st presser, I hope he takes some accountability and changes his stance 

For sure. I was really impressed with Harsin and everything that's he's done up until this point. It really seemed like we made the right hire. I guess we'll see 

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

For sure. I was really impressed with Harsin and everything that's he's done up until this point. It really seemed like we made the right hire. I guess we'll see 

Same. This stance is pretty concerning. It was clear as day it would effect the team and it already has

18 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would feel better losing a game than if he forced shots on players and one died or had serious problems from an adverse reaction. That's just me personally, though. Some people place Football higher than anything. I ,for one, am not in that group.

This is the same mindset as to the reason we are still in this pandemic. There is a risk in everything we do in life. I would much rather take the vaccine then risk catching covid and the worse case scenario that comes with it. Even former Pesident Trump is now telling his base to get the vaccine.

Why s it that so many people feel like getting the vaccine is such a bad thing? Do y'all like living like this? I am so sick and tired of the virus, I want it to end. I do my part to try and stop the spread and protect my love ones and myself. I don't want to be part of the problem.  I am a true patriot because covid is the enemy and it is attacking our country and our way of living.

• Like 3