What TV channel for the Akron game?

eagle12

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I have Roku, Fire Stick and most recently a Fire TV.  I like Roku the best.  

The ONLY reason I have a Fire Stick is because ROKU doesn’t offer the Dish Anywhere app. I have 3 ROKU’s and I prefer them, also.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Not true. SECN+ is carrying the game along with ESPN+. SECN+ is free with the ESPN app as long as you have a service provider (DTV, Dish, YoutubeTV, etc.).

You misunderstood. You cannot watch the Akron game via a satellite or cable channel. You must use the ESPN app, which can be launched/opened on smart TVs, PCs, laptops, cell phones and tablets.

In fact, this schedule confirms it:

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Games online only or not scheduled for nationally available networks.

Akron at Auburn

6:00 pm SECN+ Video / $espn+ Video

52 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Never had an issue with my 100mbps. My POS AT&T 6 mbps wasn’t bad, either, except for multiple streams at the same time. Block off everyone’s cell phones from WiFi during the game..🤣

Yeah, it's a YMMV thing. Other outside variables can affect the "experience."

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

What will be really fun once it’s all streaming will be the joy of listening to the Auburn radio broadcast as it will be a full 2 minutes ahead of what you’re watching. 

You just described my 'sports bar mode'.  >:(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

You misunderstood. You cannot watch the Akron game via a satellite or cable channel. You must use the ESPN app, which can be launched/opened on smart TVs, PCs, laptops, cell phones and tablets.

In fact, this schedule confirms it:

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Games online only or not scheduled for nationally available networks.

Akron at Auburn

6:00 pm SECN+ Video / $espn+ Video

We all know you need an app to watch the Akron game. The distinction is if you should purchase the ESPN+ app to watch or just use the free ESPN app if you already have the ESPN package on your cable/satellite.

I just wanted opinions on how well the ESPN app works. But this is cool too. 

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Back to the future on the radio! Looking forward to not messing with the TV. I can sit outside under my oak tree and sip my Maker's Mark & ginger ale, just like nature intended. :)

Maker's and ginger ale? 🤬

Edited by SumterAubie

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Maker's and ginger ale? 🤬

Yep. If that doesn't suit you, bring your own mix. I do have plenty of branch water if that's your choice.

• Like 1

I have only watched ESPN games via the web and not via the app on a smart device. The streaming experience is largely dictated by the speed and quality of your Internet connection as others have mentioned. All consumer class Internet is "best effort," meaning it has no service level agreements for latency, pack loss or jitter (all of which play a bigger role with real-time video and real-time audio. Other factors include the infrastructure of the content provider. You can have solid Internet performance on your end but if the content provider's servers, Internet connectivity, etc., are having issues, you will also.

I was without my Spectrum 200Mbps service for a week after my wife cut our service wire while gardening 😕 I ran 1080p over the Wi-fi hotspot on my AT&T phone with little problem. Netflix didn't want to run any higher than 740p, YouTube TV, Hulu, Prime and Disney+ all ran fine with very little pixelating or buffering.  That's particularly strange because my voice service over the same phone is often spotty with audio dropping in and out.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, toddc said:

What is the /best stick for streaming sports streams?

My personal favorite is chromecast- its the fastest fo respond, has volume on the remote and can turn the tv on and off which isnt a feature with some of the other streaming devices. 

Chromecast

Roku 3 or 4 (called ultra now i think)

Roku Stick

Firestick

havent tried apple

50 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

My personal favorite is chromecast- its the fastest fo respond, has volume on the remote and can turn the tv on and off which isnt a feature with some of the other streaming devices.

Yeah, FIre TV Stick 4K does the same for me, controlling not only my TV volume (and power), but also my soundbar volume. It is also integrated into my Smart Home which is Alexa-based. I have been thinking about adding Chromecast with Google TV since my Fire Stick and integrated Roku OS sometimes get slow to respond because of filling up the cache (I assume). Guess I should also see about clearing the cache on the Roku OS and Fire TV Stick.

Honestly it appears to me that you must be a subscriber of ESPN + to see this game. I get espn through a cable provider, and every game in previous seasons(that was a steaming game), it has either showed ESPN 3 or SECN+ next to the game and time, in the ESPN app.

This game vs Akron, however,  clearly shows ESPN+ only. The good news though,  I do see that the halftime band performance, will be made available on SECN+, for those that do not subscribe to the ESPN+ service.....no joke!

So bottom line, must pay separately for ESPN+ to see the game, cannot use your cable subscription login, like I have always done in the past. Oh well, this makes my weekend  so much easier to plan around now; thanks ESPN.

Screenshot_20210831-121022_ESPN.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-121123_ESPN.jpg

Edited by dmbseeker00

47 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Honestly it appears to me that you must be a subscriber of ESPN + to see this game. I get espn through a cable provider, and every game in previous seasons(that was a steaming game), it has either showed ESPN 3 or SECN+ next to the game and time, in the ESPN app.

This game vs Akron, however,  clearly shows ESPN+ only. The good news though,  I do see that the halftime band performance, will be made available on SECN+, for those that do not subscribe to the ESPN+ service.....no joke!

So bottom line, must pay separately for ESPN+ to see the game, cannot use your cable subscription login, like I have always done in the past. Oh well, this makes my weekend  so much easier to plan around now; thanks ESPN.

Screenshot_20210831-121022_ESPN.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-121123_ESPN.jpg

This is tiresome.....

from the ESPN press room:

Seventeen games will be streamed live on ESPN+ in week 1, including multiple games from the American Athletic Conference, Big 12 and Sun Belt, among other conferences. Ranked teams in action include No. 7 Iowa State, No. 8 Cincinnati and No. 22 Coastal Carolina. As part of the SEC’s new agreement with ESPN, ESPN+ will also feature SEC games for the first time with Arkansas, Auburn, South Carolina and Vanderbilt each playing a non-conference opponent on the platforms in week 1 (games will also be available on SECN+). In all, ESPN+ will feature more than 150 total FBS games throughout the 2021-22 season.

LINK

23 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

This is tiresome.....

from the ESPN press room:

Seventeen games will be streamed live on ESPN+ in week 1, including multiple games from the American Athletic Conference, Big 12 and Sun Belt, among other conferences. Ranked teams in action include No. 7 Iowa State, No. 8 Cincinnati and No. 22 Coastal Carolina. As part of the SEC’s new agreement with ESPN, ESPN+ will also feature SEC games for the first time with Arkansas, Auburn, South Carolina and Vanderbilt each playing a non-conference opponent on the platforms in week 1 (games will also be available on SECN+). In all, ESPN+ will feature more than 150 total FBS games throughout the 2021-22 season.

LINK

Good to hear. Although, it does appear that next season(2022-2023) will feature 1 game per SEC team that will each be exclusive to ESPN +, and thus will require a subscription. 

We “cut the cord” as they say about 2 years ago. Seem to find a way to pull up what we want in games. I don’t get to concerned over watching Auburn. My favorite way of keeping up with the game is on the truck radio while sitting on the tailgate with a beer. Standard answer when Mrs Salty ask how many beers during game is 3. Of course I count a brim filled yeti as one one beer.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

We “cut the cord” as they say about 2 years ago. Seem to find a way to pull up what we want in games. I don’t get to concerned over watching Auburn. My favorite way of keeping up with the game is on the truck radio while sitting on the tailgate with a beer. Standard answer when Mrs Salty ask how many beers during game is 3. Of course I count a brim filled yeti as one one beer.

I just use the dog years to the wife.......one year 7 beers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Free article and complete guidelines for streaming games.

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If you have a roku espn+ is great. And only 5.99 a month which is pretty cheap compared to other streaming services 

So, you can subscribe to ESPN+ without having a cable/satellite service?

How often do they stream SEC football games? 

Do they stream replays of games that were originally broadcast on another ESPN channel?

Edited by homersapien

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, you can subscribe to ESPN+ without having a cable/satellite service?

How often do they stream SEC football games? 

Do they stream replays of games that were originally broadcast on another ESPN channel?

You do have to have a cable subscription. I wanna say Hulu has a free trial where you could cancel after the game if you’d like? 

Most SEC games are shown on SECN/ESPN/CBS so not many are streamed on ESPN+. If you’re a fan of a smaller school (eg. South Alabama) they will stream most of those games. 

They do have a bunch of replays but I’m not sure which ones get put on there. It’s kind of like Netflix where you pick what you want to watch. 

• Thanks 1

SO…if I have Hulu I can watch the game?