What TV channel for the Akron game?

eagle12

I love how there's an SEC network alternate channel that's off air all freaking day. Could've showed the game on there. What's the point?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WaarrEagle1 said:

To expand on this... Load the ESPN app, scroll way down to "Networks" and click SECN+.  Then when you click the AU game it looks like it will work.

Thanks for this info.  Found it under the Watch section, then Channels, then SECN+.  Hope I can broadcast to my smart TV. 

1 hour ago, WaarrEagle1 said:

I have YouTubeTV and have downloaded and signed in to the ESPN app.  I see the AU game but when I click on it, it asks me to sign up for ESPN+.  When I click on other games (ex. Bama), it says "This event has not started" the shows a start time and implies I will get it.  Hopefully they get it fixed before game time.

Go to streaming channels on your app and select 

scroll down to genres and find sports and select 

go to ESPN channel and select 

scroll down to Leagues and select ncaa football 

scroll down to explore more in ncaa football and select SEC shield 

scroll right until you find AU game and select 

should say “ game starts at 6;00

I expect the auburn game to just be like the arky vs rice game. Arky game is listed sec network+/ESPN+. You can select get espn+ or sec+ logged in with cable provider.

Here is some info that may help those who have an Android driven device.  I just installed the ESPN app on my Nvidia Shield. 

Go to the Google Play Store to download the ESPN app.  After it is installed on your device, you will have to active it.  Follow the on-screen info to enter the activation code on your screen by using a mobile device.  You will  enter the name of your carrier and your login credentials of your account.  Keep in mind that you have to have the SEC Network on the carrier to be able to stream the game via SEC+.  Other you will have to subscribe to ESPN+. 

I watched some of the Ark game on the SEC + on my Shield via my Epson HD projector (100” screen) and the quality was outstanding. Looking forward to a new era in Auburn football!

24 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Any advice for Hullu people?

If you have SEC Network through Hulu, download/install the ESPN app on your device. Open the app and it should allow you to enter your Hulu credentials to validate your ESPN/SEC Network access. If successful, then links to different sections will be available, including SECN and SECN+. Afterwards, you may have to search, scroll around, or hit a ring menu button to find all the different options. Familiarize yourself as much as you can now.

• Like 1

OK, so if I sign up for ESPN+ in the Disney+/Hulu bundle, will I be able to get all the games this Fall, or should I sign up for the YouTube TV service instead to be sure I get all of them?

if you use Sling Orange + Sports Extra just for CFB season like me, then ESPN+ broadcasts are available at that channel in the menu. You can watch from any device by running an app or logging-into Sling from your browser. You can cancel your sling subscription any time. Sling Orange gets you ESPN and ESPN U, I think, along with a bunch of regular cable channels I never look at. It's $35/month, but first month is $10. With the extra $11/month you get extra ESPN channels, SECN , ACC network, Longhorn network, and other stuff.  Yes, national ABC broadcasts are on ESPN3, which can also be streamed through that Sling channel. Just FYI.

Edited by AUx
added info

4 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

OK, so if I sign up for ESPN+ in the Disney+/Hulu bundle, will I be able to get all the games this Fall, or should I sign up for the YouTube TV service instead to be sure I get all of them?

No and yes if that's your preference.

6 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I use the Disney Bundle and it works just fine

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

If you have SEC Network through Hulu, download/install the ESPN app on your device. Open the app and it should allow you to enter your Hulu credentials to validate your ESPN/SEC Network access. If successful, then links to different sections will be available, including SECN and SECN+. Afterwards, you may have to search, scroll around, or hit a ring menu button to find all the different options. Familiarize yourself as much as you can now.

You have to have Hulu Live+ to get SECN+ or ESPN+. 

I don't think just Hulu will do it...(different pricing)....

• Like 1

Just checked out the Cincy game that is on ESPN+ right now. The video streaming quality is so f’ing bad! I watched Wisconsin v Penn ST in 4k. This Auburn game is going to be hard to watch lol.

13 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

What's the solution if you are trying to stream through a Mac and not a mobile device? It doesn't seem to allow you to install the ESPN app. 

So, I'm not signing up for ESPN+ account. But I have sling with ESPN+. Generally I don't have an issue streaming anything trough a browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Brave - rarely use Safari. I often use Friendly streaming app on Macbook pro for Netflix, Prime, and Sling. It might work for ESPN+. It's in the apple Mac store.

• Like 1

Who else spent their day Saturday on the phone or driving around to friends and family setting up the stream for the game just to have them call or text during the game " I can't get it to work now"?  I wish I could meet the person who decided to stream the game instead of TV so I can kick them in the n***. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have only watched ESPN games via the web and not via the app on a smart device. The streaming experience is largely dictated by the speed and quality of your Internet connection as others have mentioned. 

Just now, indizop said:

I have only watched ESPN games via the web and not via the app on a smart device. The streaming experience is largely dictated by the speed and quality of your Internet connection as others have mentioned.  Roblox Guides get-mobdrovip.com

I was without my Spectrum 200Mbps service for a week after my wife cut our service wire while gardening 😕 I ran 1080p over the Wi-fi hotspot on my AT&T phone with little problem