2022 Schedule

SRBautigerfan

https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2021/09/auburns-2022-football-schedule-released

***This schedule has been corrected to match the SEC's official schedule.  The Plainsman's was incorrect.

Sept. 3 vs. Mercer

Sept. 10 vs. San Jose State

Sept. 17 vs. Penn State

Sept. 24 vs. Missouri

Oct. 1 vs. LSU

Oct. 8 at. Georgia

Oct. 15 at. Ole Miss

Oct. 22  OPEN ***

Oct. 29 Arkansas ***

Nov. 5 at Mississippi State ***

Nov. 12 vs. Texas A&M

Nov. 19 vs. Western Kentucky

Nov. 26 at. Alabama

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wake me up in 2023...

Just wait until we take 37 players this year and 20 from the Portal...hopefully 12 OL.  We'll be ready

Edited by W.E.D

I predict that after the first two games, AU will again be among the national leaders in points, yards gained, yards per carry and a bunch of other offensive stats.

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2021/09/auburns-2022-football-schedule-released

Mark the calendars, Auburn's 2022 football schedule is now official following the release of the full SEC schedule. The Tigers will open the season with five straight home games for the first time since the 2016 season.

The complete schedule is listed below:

Sept. 3 vs. Mercer

Sept. 10 vs. San Jose State

Sept. 17 vs. Penn State

Sept. 24 vs. Missouri

Oct. 1 vs. LSU

Oct. 8 at. Georgia

Oct. 15 at. Ole Miss

Oct. 22 vs. Arkansas

Oct. 29 at. Mississippi State

Nov. 5 BYE

Nov. 12 vs. Texas A&M

Nov. 19 vs. Western Kentucky

Nov. 26 at. Alabama

This is comical.  The plainsman got our schedule wrong.  MSU and bye weeks are wrong above and in the plainsman article

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I predict that after the first two games, AU will again be among the national leaders in points, yards gained, yards per carry and a bunch of other offensive stats.

SJSU isn't nearly as bad as Akron.  Went 7-1 just last year.

9 minutes ago, aublaise said:

This is comical.  The plainsman got our schedule wrong.  MSU and bye weeks are wrong above and in the plainsman article

I noticed the OP open date didn't jibe with the SEC tweet. Weird.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aublaise said:

Wow, nice catch.  I'm glad I posted both.  The SEC one is obviously correct and The Plainsman... is completely screwed up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

How in the heck do we get 5 straight home games?

Nice.  8 home, 4 away.  Did Bo draw this schedule up?

Edited by SRBautigerfan

First two weeks are trash. Opening up with an FCS opponent is absolute garbage. Save that for before the Iron Bowl. Why can’t we open up with another medium tier OOC game like Virginia, Texas Tech, or Houston?

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn gets out of “amen corner” in November to play LSU and Georgia back to back games this year and next. Helluva trade off. So dumb. 

We jumped out of the frying pan into the fire on that one.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn gets out of “amen corner” in November to play LSU and Georgia back to back games this year and next. Helluva trade off. So dumb. 

Agreed!  We bitched and whined about November scheduling, now the SEC really stuck it to Auburn & it's worse than what we previously had.  :banghead:

Edited by keesler
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

SJSU isn't nearly as bad as Akron.  

Other than UConn in D1 FBS, which team is? :)

Seriously though, didn't realize they were 7-1 in the COVID19 season. They weren't as good as that in 2019. Still, not Akron level. (Wish we coulda got UConn! :) )

7 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Other than UConn in D1 FBS, which team is? :)

Seriously though, didn't realize they were 7-1 in the COVID19 season. They weren't as good as that in 2019. Still, not Akron level. (Wish we coulda got UConn! :) )

Why though?  Honestly, why would anyone want to pay to watch that?

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

Agreed!  We bitched and whined about November scheduling, now the SEC really stuck it to Auburn & it's worse than what we previously had.  :banghead:

We, kemosabe? Lol I never wanted the game moved. I prefer tradition. Auburn/Georgia in November is just *chefs kiss*

7 hours ago, woodford said:

First two weeks are trash. Opening up with an FCS opponent is absolute garbage. Save that for before the Iron Bowl. Why can’t we open up with another medium tier OOC game like Virginia, Texas Tech, or Houston?

Because our schedule is too tough as is.

Edited by AUwent

• WarTiger changed the title to 2022 Schedule