Maher: We need one national anthem, maybe a new one.

DKW 86

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Biden hadn’t stopped the construction of the wall, that might have helped prevent illegal crossings. 

Na, Border walls don't work. Immigrants travel hundreds of miles with just the clothes on their back to reach the border. You think a wall is gonna stop or deter them? They just go over or under it (or sometimes through it if the gaps in the bars are wide enough). 

Besides, Biden didn't really stop anything. Trump barely  got any of it built or constructed himself because everyone else knew it was a stupid idea and he couldn't find funding for it anywhere. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Na, Border walls don't work. Immigrants travel hundreds of miles with just the clothes on their back to reach the border. You think a wall is gonna stop or deter them? They just go over or under it (or sometimes through it if the gaps in the bars are wide enough). 

Besides, Biden didn't really stop anything. Trump barely  got any of it built or constructed himself because everyone else knew it was a stupid idea and he couldn't find funding for it anywhere. 

If you eliminate the hope of entering the US with *remain in Mexico*, stopping catch and release in conjunction with the wall, it was working.  Joe ended all of that and basically invited a lawless border during a pandemic.  Let’s see how vigorously the Administration goes after the injunction of the use of Title 42.

• Dislike 1

18 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

That wouldn't move us past a divide between races, it would just (eventually) make one race.

You really think that's the only way to solve the issue?

Yes of course it would.

And yes, I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

It's human nature at fault here.

Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I would not trust Congress to actually agree on a rational anthem.  Yes, it is about a battle, but revolution is how this country was established.,

And apparently, it's how it will go out.

But I would argue that values are what ultimately led to that revolution, not vice-versa as your post suggests. (Thus the Declaration of Independence)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

No, he's no Trump, for sure.  He's made more public racist statements than Trump ever did.

It's always important to look at a person's actions instead of their words.

• Facepalm 1

To Homeys point, Biden has said, God bless the man, so many dense things over the length of his political career. So many racist and racist approving things. The Jungle comment alone....WOW!

But, overall, Biden has acted better than his screwed up mouth would ever lead you to believe. He is THE HUMAN GAFFE MACHINE.. If he was a Republican, he would be hated just a smidge less than trump. But, as homey said, he has DONE better over the years. 

Can yall wait to see the famous quotes Joe Biden at some time in the future memorialized in stone in DC? 

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-gaffes-quotes-2020-election-1323905

Edited by DKW 86

When Joe said these racist things he believed he was being cute and playing to his audience. He was forgiven, much like Howard Cosell was on Monday Night Football back in the day.

Joe has been a politician most of his adult live and has not been responsible for anything while living off of the taxpayers.  When he was put in a place to lead, he has no idea how to do it and has surrounded himself with like minded people.

Afghanistan is the typical move for a *leader* like this.  He took the *I’m now the leader and you will follow my lead* type of approach and not listening to his advisers because he is *the man*.  He is doing it with vaccines, the border and the budget.  He is a typical power hungry politician that feels he has to get things done now before he loses the House and Senate in 2022.  He is a disaster, JMO of course.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When Joe said these racist things he believed he was being cute and playing to his audience. He was forgiven, much like Howard Cosell was on Monday Night Football back in the day.

Joe has been a politician most of his adult live and has not been responsible for anything while living off of the taxpayers.  When he was put in a place to lead, he has no idea how to do it and has surrounded himself with like minded people.

Afghanistan is the typical move for a *leader* like this.  He took the *I’m now the leader and you will follow my lead* type of approach and not listening to his advisers because he is *the man*.  He is doing it with vaccines, the border and the budget.  He is a typical power hungry politician that feels he has to get things done now before he loses the House and Senate in 2022.  He is a disaster, JMO of course.

Well, I obviously agree with your last sentence. :rolleyes:

Does M in JMO stand for "MAGA"? 

Just now, homersapien said:

Well, I obviously agree with your last sentence. :rolleyes:

Does M in JMO stand for "MAGA"? 

It’s good to know you believe he is a disaster too.

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s good to know you believe he is a disaster too.

No, I actually meant that everything you wrote was merely your opinion.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by homersapien

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I actually meant that everything you wrote was merely your opinion.

Sorry for the confusion.

I thought it was too good to be true.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Na, Border walls don't work.

Someone should have told China that.  They would have saved a lot of trouble and expense.

Them and dozens if not hundreds of other societies that built walls to keep people out.  All throughout history.  Reckon why none of them figured out they didn't work?

Edited by Shoney'sPonyBoy
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

My sarcasm aside, there are lots of technologies that could be employed to make sure the border is a lot more secure than it is.  Figuring out how to do it isn't the problem.  Deciding that we need to do it is.

Because right now hundreds of unvaccinated people are coming through and homer wants them all to die rather than get treatment if they get COVID.  For their own safety I think we need to keep them out.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

My sarcasm aside, there are lots of technologies that could be employed to make sure the border is a lot more secure than it is.  Figuring out how to do it isn't the problem.  Deciding that we need to do it is.

Because right now hundreds of unvaccinated people are coming through and homer wants them all to die rather than get treatment if they get COVID.  For their own safety I think we need to keep them out.

I know I haunt you, but that doesn't justify lying about me.

I have said nothing about refugees needing to be vaccinated, which - not being MAGAs - I am sure they would welcome.

Please stop.

Edited by homersapien

On 9/30/2021 at 7:33 AM, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I have no interest in arguing that something Trump said wasn't racist if it was.  I will say that I think you have a problem when comparing the two, because if you are fair and apply the same criteria to Biden's statements that you do Trump's as far as what constitutes a racist statement, Biden's list grows even more.  For example, if you're going to say that Trump refusing to denounce white supremacists counts, then you have to count the time that Biden gave the eulogy for Robert Byrd.  And outspoken racist Ernest Hollings.  And endorsed the United Daughters of the Confederacy.  See what I mean?

But I don't think there are nearly as many Trump statements that you can make a case for as you think.  Certainly not "tons."  Fewer than half a dozen, I would say.

I think you're also barking up the wrong tree by arguing that Biden's list is longer because he's been in politics longer.  First of all, most of the stuff he's said has been in the last ten years or so.  Secondly, Trump may not have been a politician, but he has been a public figure interviewed and quoted for decades.  Remember him getting all involved in the Central Park 5 case all the way back in the 80s?  That certainly had racial implications.

Plus, if the argument is that Biden is a professional politician, then why does he say such dumb things so often?  Why is Trump better at being vague, which is what all politicians strive for?

The fact is that Biden has said more public racist stuff than Trump, and it's not really close.  It's just that he's a Democrat, so he gets a pass.  "He just mis-spoke."  "He didn't really mean anything bad about people who own 7-Elevens."

Then explain the black vote for Biden.

Edited by homersapien

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, Biden's "racism" doesn't exist or it doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter to Democrats.  Not when another Democrat says it.  You're living proof.  

And I didn't say his racism.  I said his racist statements.  The former presumes to know what he thinks.  The latter is objectively verifiable—it refers to events that actually happened.  Shall I post that list I asked about earlier?

• Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

It doesn't matter to Democrats.  Not when another Democrat says it.  You're living proof.  

And I didn't say his racism.  I said his racist statements.  The former presumes to know what he thinks.  The latter is objectively verifiable—it refers to events that actually happened.  Shall I post that list I asked about earlier?

Well of course Democrats are racist.  Just look at history.  Lyndon Johnson was a traitor!

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well of course Democrats are racist.  Just look at history.  Lyndon Johnson was a racist traitor!

You forgot the fact that he too was racist. LOL

5 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Someone should have told China that.  They would have saved a lot of trouble and expense.

Them and dozens if not hundreds of other societies that built walls to keep people out.  All throughout history.  Reckon why none of them figured out they didn't work?

The Great Wall Of China, This is not. 

3e157d57bb24053a788e19122a43d9c2

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You forgot the fact that he too was racist. LOL

Well, he was a Democrat wasn't he? :dunno:

All Democrats - past or present - are racists.  The mainstream media has simply pulled the wool over black's faces.  Well everyone  but this guy:

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/19/blacks-for-trump-maurice-symonette-cult/

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well of course Democrats are racist.  Just look at history.  Lyndon Johnson was a traitor!

Are you so uninformed that you don't know that yes, historically the Democratic Party is the party of black racism in America?  The KKK was the enforcement arm of the Democratic Party.  The Dixiecrats.  George Wallace was a Democrat.  These are facts.

And no, Lyndon Johnson was not a traitor.  He routinely called black people n*ggers when the cameras were not around.

Do you really not know these things?

Don't take my word for it, please.  Look it up.  Educate yourself a little.

Edited by Shoney'sPonyBoy

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, he was a Democrat wasn't he? :dunno:

All Democrats - past or present - are racists.  The mainstream media has simply pulled the wool over black's faces.  Well everyone  but this guy:

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/19/blacks-for-trump-maurice-symonette-cult/

They all had their racist members, but I can't help it that the democratic party has very deep roots in the racism especially systemic racism here in America. LBJ was one of the most racist of them all. All his work with the Civil Right's Acts doesn't erase that part of his history. (But democrats aren't supposed to talk about that right?)

Look at Biden, look at his history of words and actions and he has a long history of being racist. You are correct about the media, they want to show him trying to make changes to some of the things that contributed to the systemic racism problem we have today..........but they don't show that he voted for and wanted many of the things he now wants to change. 

• Facepalm 1