Biggest Improvement

AUght2win

Nobody is talking about it but we had 3 sacks, 6 QB hurries, and LSU was 6 of 17 on third downs. Pass rush was much better. Very good sign going forward. The awful play in Happy Valley could possibly be explained by PSU having one of the nation's best pass protections. I honestly haven't seen anymore of them to know how good that unit is, though. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Nobody is talking about it but we had 3 sacks, 6 QB hurries, and LSU was 6 of 17 on third downs. Pass rush was much better. Very good sign going forward. The awful play in Happy Valley could possibly be explained by PSU having one of the nation's best pass protections. I honestly haven't seen anymore of them to know how good that unit is, though. 

It's EASY to rush the QB when there is zero threat of a running game. Honestly I wouldn't look too much into that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I am not putting too much stock into it because LSU didn't even attempt to establish the run. I also loved the way CDM moved Derick Hall around and played him more like a traditional LB from an alignment standpoint. I think he will flourish if we continue to use him that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Lots of teams aren't going to be able to run on us, though. With a healthy Zakoby literally no team has done it. 

I think by 6:00 pm Saturday and we'll see how good they really are.   They did look good vs LSU...... considering LSU has zero run game and they had no game plan to run the ball.  

• Like 1