NCAA approves 1-year increase in recruiting class size

aubiefifty

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Is that a lot? What's our normal number?

KN said top 3 weekends that he'd ever seen talent wise and that was this morning before he added 3 more 5*s and a half a dozen 4* kids to his list. 

• Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
19 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Is that a lot? What's our normal number?

Just went back and dig up the lists for the 2018 and 2019 Big Cat Weekends. 
2018 we had 35 total recruits, 20 of which were 4/5 star

2019 we had just over 30 recruits (32 I think I counted), with 23 of them 4/5 star. 

So it seems this weekend has TWICE as many 4/5 stars as Gus was bringing in for his biggest weekend of the year

I’d say that’s pretty dang BIG

Fantastic news but I have to caution that some of these guys visiting are UGA guys that want to see them play, and possibly negative recruit while in Auburn. Glad to see so many talented guys on-campus, regardless.

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Fantastic news but I have to caution that some of these guys visiting are UGA guys that want to see them play, and possibly negative recruit while in Auburn. Glad to see so many talented guys on-campus, regardless.

One would hope that Harsin would be aware of this possibility.  Perhaps he thinks the reward outweighs that risk. 

3 hours ago, casatiger said:

One would hope that Harsin would be aware of this possibility.  Perhaps he thinks the reward outweighs that risk. 

It definitely does, just saying this is common practice for recruits.  The negative recruiting deal is more of a Saban/Smart thing but not uncommon

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
8 hours ago, USATiger said:

I would assume this is almost always the case, especially for big games. However a good showing will negate the opportunity for negative recruiting and actually turn the tables into those players potentially seeing something special they weren’t expecting. This is Jordan Hare after all. It has that effect. And having currently (43) 4/5 stars confirmed (that doesn’t include the ones who are keeping their visits on the DL and ones not a 4/5 star so we’re highly likely over 50 total 🤯) the ones there trying to do this should be extremely outnumbered and badmouthing AU in that scenario could quickly backfire.  

Edited by MustardSeed