The victories within...

SaturdayGT

Realistically, its just not our year to beat Georgia..I think we all know it...So going into a game like this, what are the things we all are hoping this team and new coach  accomplish for some realistic victories, regardless  the outcome, that show progress in the things you want to see out of the players and staff?.

• Like 1

Just now, SaturdayGT said:

Realistically, its just not our year to beat Georgia..I think we all know it...So going into a game like this, what are the things we all are hoping this team and new coach  accomplish for some realistic victories, regardless  the outcome, that show progress in the things you want to see out of the players and staff?.

My personal hope is that:

A) We start on friggen fire, and we don't stop regardless...

B) If we can put up as many or more points that the GA D has given up all year...

If we are going into the 4th QTR in striking distance of winning, I'd be ecstatic..

• Like 2

OL and DL play, we have to be tougher and meaner than them. This game will give Coach Harsin a good indication of our level of talent and any gap by position group he has to close to be at the same level as one of the top teams in the league. A good showing here is going to help him attract the talent. Most importantly........

BEAT THOSE DAWGS

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 3

Regardless of outcome and just spitballing: no turnovers would be phenomenal. Catching 75% of the catchable passes (fewer incomplete catchables). No more than 1 offensive procedure penalties. 3 hurries and 2 sacks by D. Two inside runs for >6 yards by Tank (some OL blocking improvement ). Three or fewer sacks allowed (OL and QB progress). No kick returns for touchdown allowed. D getting an interception. I don’t expect any question in effort, but full speed and no giving up on plays for 60 minutes. Good things could happen for us and bad things are due for GA. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

Regardless of outcome and just spitballing: no turnovers would be phenomenal. Catching 75% of the catchable passes (fewer incomplete catchables). No more than 1 offensive procedure penalties. 3 hurries and 2 sacks by D. Two inside runs for >6 yards by Tank (some OL blocking improvement ). Three or fewer sacks allowed (OL and QB progress). No kick returns for touchdown allowed. D getting an interception. I don’t expect any question in effort, but full speed and no giving up on plays for 60 minutes. Good things could happen for us and bad things are due for GA. 

Penalties are something I haven't considered...full effort, no bonehead stuff...I feel we haven't fully lived up to Harsins standards....this will be a challenge on the frustration on the players. A great opportunity to learn to deal and channel it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

I just want to see a competent offense against Georgia. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My number one hope for this game is that everyone comes out healthy!   @ Arky next week is a big game and much more winnable than this week.  We need all hands on deck!

This! No injuries and a competitive game vs UGA (which would mean continued progress!), an electric crowd & impressed recruits!

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed

Sure on paper we should lose by 15. This season I’ve already witnessed a 27 point dog win outright. Goal is to win. 
Aside from that though, put up more than 13 points is a solid step forward. Keep them from going on a 3 score run unanswered like they’ve done to everyone else is also a step in the right direction 

Georgia THRIVES on momentum. The #1 key to this game IMO is never let the MO get too far from you. 

I don’t think we wave the white flag for anybody.  Get after them from the kickoff till the final horn sounds and see what happens.  If they are just better then make them prove it.  A couple of turnovers and other momentum turning plays and we win it outright.  They really haven’t been challenged and you never know how they will react when they get behind on the road In front of a big loud crowd.  

• Like 2

Realistically you ask?  Beat the living hell out of them. That's the only attitude any warrior should have. The hell with what I would like to see accomplished attitude. Beat their ass. Forget what the "score" says. Make them your Apollo Creed where they say "aint gone be no rematch" 

• Like 5

Victories within sound like a moral victory to me when it comes to sports. The '72 Amazins weren't supposed to beat better teams but they found a way to win all but one game. That was done by heart and determination and excelling at what they did best. Pay attention to the little things and do them well. If you do that enough, then big things will happen. 

10 hours ago, cbo said:

This! I think we have had 2 competent offensive plans in the past 8 years. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cbo said:

15, 16, and 19 could have all been wins with competent offenses. 

Talk about changing the tide had we won all those games. Probably a good thing we lost. We’d still have Gus. 

• Like 1

I would love some Jordan Hare magic and we win. Sometimes weird things happen in that stadium. I would love for uga to walk out of the stadium with that expression of what the hell just happened to us…

• Like 2

I want to see a fired up, disciplined, four-quarters team. If we play with heart and discipline we can make this a game. I want to have a strong enough performance that the fans are cheering their heads off for the entire game, and even after the game, win or lose.

• Like 1

i say give kirby the latest hairstyles book to distract him during the game.............

7 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Sure on paper we should lose by 15. This season I’ve already witnessed a 27 point dog win outright. Goal is to win. 
Aside from that though, put up more than 13 points is a solid step forward. Keep them from going on a 3 score run unanswered like they’ve done to everyone else is also a step in the right direction 

Georgia THRIVES on momentum. The #1 key to this game IMO is never let the MO get too far from you. 

Agree. 

DOn't let GA have multiple splash plays or Auburn D to suffer any broken plays that give GA momentum.

And as you say, consistent enough offense where we are not settling for FGs.We will need at least 3 TDs to have a chance to win. 

I hope for Bo and our OL to hold steady and build on what we did last week. We will not win if Bo has to throw the ball over 35 times.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I would love some Jordan Hare magic and we win. Sometimes weird things happen in that stadium. I would love for uga to walk out of the stadium with that expression of what the hell just happened to us…

I hope you're right.

But, I'm betting SEC officials will not let that happen.

Don't play like we're afraid to lose.  Be disciplined; be tougher than they are.

No injuries; no disqualifications.

Win the recruits!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I hope you're right.

But, I'm betting SEC officials will not let that happen.

You know, I've seen plenty of poor officiating this year, but not the blatant one sided home cookin' that I've seen in past years. I thought for sure we were about to get a big dose of home cooking last Sat in Red Stick when they hit us with that targeting call on the DL, but then that was overturned and everything else was pretty even. 

13 hours ago, cbo said:

How do you gauge that competency? In the past great defenses have limited typical offensive stats.