Nix upset with officiating

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

We need full time refs and down markers with cameras. Also cameras down the goal lines. There wouldn’t be any guessing if you got past the down marker or over the goal line 

There are all kinds of things you could do with sideline, goal line, field perimeter, helmet and sensors. Hell, you could even design a system to count the number of plays and games a player participated. 

Finley pointed out clear but not called holding of AU WR during 4th down incomplete pass vs S. Carolina. Huge non call because receiver would clearly have been there for TJs pass plus probable big gain but for the holding. This board comdemned it as stupid coaching and "can't blame refs for that one" (although 4th & 16 completion w/ no holding was "a gutsy call"). As a former college football ref (MEAC) I think many SEC crews have been grossly inconsistent this season.

• Like 3

I saw the intentional groundings, and was frustrated during the the game. I expect missed holds/hands to the face etc…. The grounding is so obvious though.

Maybe Bo knew better than we thought 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/?p=29438

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

I saw the intentional groundings, and was frustrated during the the game. I expect missed holds/hands to the face etc…. The grounding is so obvious though.

Maybe Bo knew better than we thought 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/?p=29438

Felt like we got the calls early and they got the calls late.  Overall we got more calls than we used to ever get in an Iron Bowl.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Felt like we got the calls early and they got the calls late.  Overall we got more calls than we used to ever get in an Iron Bowl.

That crew in particular is on the national radar after the Penn State game and others this year.  The Penn State game had folks that I know who think we over-exaggerate bama's "advantages" were discussing how bad that crew was and biased against Auburn.  I guess the NCAA coming out stating McClain shouldn't have been called for targeting, the SEC and this crew are conscious not to spend the entire game shafting Auburn.

It's just a helluva a note that we are happy the refs called a half on an Iron Bowl fairly consistent.  Of course, Danielson was there championing calls for bama, so that helped set the stage for the shaft.  I've become more sensitive to TV, CBS/ESPN swaying opinion with what replays they show.  They rarely show replays of a play when bama should've been flagged, or they show a terrible angle.  Bama had a DE lined up way offsides on a crucial 3rd down stop, dudes head and shoulders were over the line, when they showed the replay, it was from the end zone not down the line.  Then on the bs holding call after Hunter's big gain, they showed the end of the block, with the kid falling, not the whole engagement in which there wasn't a hold at all.  

This is why none of this means as much as it used to.  I am so sensitive to the advantages bama has, I spend the game pointing out the no-calls, the terrible spots, etc instead of enjoying the game.  Just amazing what happens when Auburn has a somewhat level playing field, even for just a half.

8 minutes ago, USATiger said:

That crew in particular is on the national radar after the Penn State game and others this year.  The Penn State game had folks that I know who think we over-exaggerate bama's "advantages" were discussing how bad that crew was and biased against Auburn.  I guess the NCAA coming out stating McClain shouldn't have been called for targeting, the SEC and this crew are conscious not to spend the entire game shafting Auburn.

It's just a helluva a note that we are happy the refs called a half on an Iron Bowl fairly consistent.  Of course, Danielson was there championing calls for bama, so that helped set the stage for the shaft.  I've become more sensitive to TV, CBS/ESPN swaying opinion with what replays they show.  They rarely show replays of a play when bama should've been flagged, or they show a terrible angle.  Bama had a DE lined up way offsides on a crucial 3rd down stop, dudes head and shoulders were over the line, when they showed the replay, it was from the end zone not down the line.  Then on the bs holding call after Hunter's big gain, they showed the end of the block, with the kid falling, not the whole engagement in which there wasn't a hold at all.  

This is why none of this means as much as it used to.  I am so sensitive to the advantages bama has, I spend the game pointing out the no-calls, the terrible spots, etc instead of enjoying the game.  Just amazing what happens when Auburn has a somewhat level playing field, even for just a half.

I feel you here. I’m losing interest in the game overall because the money machine is clearly in control and clearly plays favorites to create championship/playoff scenarios that maximize profits. There are obvious darlings in the conference and in the ncaa, and they make sure those darlings are protected. I mean, the refs conveniently missed like 6 penalties at the end of the game last night that would have pretty much ended the game with us winning. Conveniently, they missed them and the turds come back. The narrative is getting old as hell. 

• Like 1