WRs improving under Kiesau

aubiefifty

38 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I don't recall a drop last night by a wideout.   Anyone remember one?

Don’t think so. The only drop was a fumble 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

They look very comfortable besides that fumble .

just really impressed with this staff 

I loved that they are now fighting back for the ball on digs. Used to, we would just sit and wait allowing the DB to close making them much more difficult. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I don't recall a drop last night by a wideout.   Anyone remember one?

Don't think so. Hunter dropped a screen pass. It wasn't a perfect throw, but I don't think it was terrible either (haven't watched replay).

Probably didn't matter bc he would have been tackled for a loss

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't think so. Hunter dropped a screen pass. It wasn't a perfect throw, but I don't think it was terrible either (haven't watched replay).

Probably didn't matter bc he would have been tackled for a loss

Worm had that swing pass thrown for Brandon Frasier too

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Worm had that swing pass thrown for Brandon Frasier too

Yeah that was a bad throw and I think he tipped it but it Def wasn't a "drop".

I think that was 2 back to back plays that Bo looked like old Bo in the pocket. Happy feet and a flutter pass to Shenker then this one.

Back to back games and it seems "Old Bo" is the anomaly vs the norm. Great to see. Two confidence builders before a really tough Aggies D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah that was a bad throw and I think he tipped it but it Def wasn't a "drop".

I think that was 2 back to back plays that Bo looked like old Bo in the pocket. Happy feet and a flutter pass to Shenker then this one.

Back to back games and it seems "Old Bo" is the anomaly vs the norm. Great to see. Two confidence builders before a really tough Aggies D

Yeah, the duck he threw between DRob and Shenker was bad. Easy TD for either and he throws to neither.  It's great those are now the outliers

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, the duck he threw between DRob and Shenker was bad. Easy TD for either and he throws to neither.  It's great those are now the outliers

Yeah. I thought Bo would improve a lot before the season. I was off that train. Last two games and somewhat LSU seems that it's all finally coming to fruition 

Harsin seems to have alluded to a self-fulfilling prophecy regarding the drops several weeks ago.  He said something like "you can't make it larger than it is."   I wonder if Corn was coaching them too hard on drops and the new coach is coaching "look you have been catching your entire life, you are at Auburn...  Go be the athlete that you are." 

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I loved that they are now fighting back for the ball on digs. Used to, we would just sit and wait allowing the DB to close making them much more difficult. 

It's been very noticeable and a big improvement. The drops began in game #1  and were a continuing problem. It's no coincidence that the drop issue began to improve, separation improved and fighting for the ball became noticeable right after Coach Kiesau took over. These things don't just happen by accident or because the WRs got a few more days of "experience". The coaches have been doing a great job with the WRs as Coach Harsin has said. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

It's been very noticeable and a big improvement. The drops began in game #1  and were a continuing problem. It's no coincidence that the drop issue began to improve, separation improved and fighting for the ball became noticeable right after Coach Kiesau took over. These things don't just happen by accident or because the WRs got a few more days of "experience". The coaches have been doing a great job with the WRs as Coach Harsin has said. 

^This^ Spot on!

• Like 2

😂 very evident against LSU and uga. Those fight and separation drills works wonders! He must have the secret dialect of saying catch the ball!

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

😂 very evident against LSU and uga. Those fight and separation drills works wonders! He must have the secret dialect of saying catch the ball!

Must be a “west coast dialect”.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

What's really been telling is Bo has been much more accurate with the ball. Guys aren't having the yeah it could've been better but they got their finger tips on it balls. The ball has been in places where once caught the wr can do something with it.

They also haven't been getting balls where they are left out to get blasted, thinking about the hit that leads to drops. Bo is staying in the pocket getting the ball out on time.

Also help that it's arky and ole miss. 

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What's really been telling is Bo has been much more accurate with the ball. Guys aren't having the yeah it could've been better but they got their finger tips on it balls. The ball has been in places where once caught the wr can do something with it.

They also haven't been getting balls where they are left out to get blasted, thinking about the hit that leads to drops. Bo is staying in the pocket getting the ball out on time.

Also help that it's arky and ole miss. 

Bo's accuracy has nothing to do with the  receivers coming back on routes, but yes, Bo being more accurate is helpful too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bo's accuracy has nothing to do with the  receivers coming back on routes, but yes, Bo being more accurate is helpful too.

I didn't say it did, I pointed out other things that have been more helpful for the wr's which leads to more production and better efficiency.

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I didn't say it did, I pointed out other things that have been more helpful for the wr's which leads to more production and better efficiency.

Like the secret dialect.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, W.E.D said:

Where is Bobo going?

I don't think he is going anywhere. My thoughts are that he agreed to a 2 year deal. At some point Bobo will leave and by that time Kiesau will have the recruiting landscape down. As I mentioned, at that point Kiesau becomes the OC. Much like the HC in wating thing that was popular not so long ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I don't think he is going anywhere. My thoughts are that he agreed to a 2 year deal. At some point Bobo will leave and by that time Kiesau will have the recruiting landscape down. As I mentioned, at that point Kiesau becomes the OC. Much like the HC in wating thing that was popular not so long ago. 

If he agreed to a 2 year deal, that means he's going somewhere next year. Right?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

If he agreed to a 2 year deal, that means he's going somewhere next year. Right?

I would think after next season or after the 3rd season. I have absolutely no info that tells me this. It is just a gut feeling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I would think after next season or after the 3rd season. I have absolutely no info that tells me this. It is just a gut feeling. 

I just don't get where he's going to go. If we're struggling I agree with you it's the natural move. I just don't see him getting a HC job again anytime soon, so if we're good...we're stuck with him. Which wouldn't be terrible 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I just don't get where he's going to go. If we're struggling I agree with you it's the natural move. I just don't see him getting a HC job again anytime soon, so if we're good...we're stuck with him. Which wouldn't be terrible 

Why would he not be able to get a HC job again anytime soon?

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Why would he not be able to get a HC job again anytime soon?

He'd be 3 years removed from being fired from a relatively decent G5 school. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems really fast to get another job. 

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He'd be 3 years removed from being fired from a relatively decent P5 school. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems really fast to get another job. 

Colorado State is a Mountain West program, with an overall losing record.