MSU Kickoff at 11 AM

Brad_ATX

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Quit using rational thought and facts to prevent me from virtue signaling to boost my self-perception, and allow me to be upset about something that could be construed the wrong way by a group of people I don't belong to! 

Yeah, it's just awful when people have respect for groups they don't belong to. 

I have a family member with special needs. Am I allowed to have a comment on this or no? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

You like going traveling to a ballgame at the crack of dawn? You like eating lunch at the concession stand in a listless stadium that's still filling up in the middle of the 1st quarter? The only people that hate early games more than tailgating fans are the players. None I have ever talked to privately, and some who are very public about it, feel like they went through the camps and practice and conditioning to be rewarded with a brunch time kickoff. I hope the SEC does pushback on this in the future, though you take their money and you do what you're told, I guess. It just stinks as a fan. 

From a tailgating point of view I prefer night games. 

If I went to a game, honestly I'd prefer a noon game b/c even the 330 games I can't get back to Atlanta anymore after the games w/out falling asleep.

From a fan stand point of watching games at my house, with multiple TVs, I prefer them spread out as much as possible.

I highly doubt the SEC will heavily push back on Disney with that big ass check they're about to give each school.  These games will just be more lucrative and push that mark higher.

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Would words like idiotic, imbecilic or moronic have been a better choice?

Yes, those words aren't offensive. That's what some of us are trying to tell some of you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

Then everyone piles on W.E.D. Truly pathetic. 

I guess I can't win.  If I get banned for calling out racism, bigotry, and disrespectful comments towards certain groups of ppl with severe disabilities....well ok

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

I sincerely apologize to eibua12, cbo, and anyone else who happens across the post that would take offense. None was intended and I should have caught myself. My second post was directed specifically towards the poster I quoted who, as far as I could tell, was simply trying to jump into a thread intending to annoy. That comment also was careless. 

I have no desire to make fun of anyone for a disability or anything they can’t help. So again, I’m sorry for choice of words in both posts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

If I went to a game, honestly I'd prefer a noon game b/c even the 330 games I can't get back to Atlanta anymore after the games w/out falling asleep.

From a fan stand point of watching games at my house, with multiple TVs, I prefer them spread out as much as possible.

I highly doubt the SEC will heavily push back on Disney with that big ass check they're about to give each school.  These games will just be more lucrative and push that mark higher.

I agree with everything you said except I don't go to sleep while driving. Yet, anyway. But I also know that the players still hate it and so do most fans that go to the game. And I don't have multiple TVs or I might agree with that point! 😀

2 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I sincerely apologize to eibua12, cbo, and anyone else who happens across the post that would take offense. None was intended and I should have caught myself. My second post was directed specifically towards the poster I quoted who, as far as I could tell, was simply trying to jump into a thread intending to annoy. That comment also was careless. 

I have no desire to make fun of anyone for a disability or anything they can’t help. So again, I’m sorry for choice of words in both posts.

Thank you! That's enough for me. I never suspected you were trying to be hurtful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I agree with everything you said except I don't go to sleep while driving. Yet, anyway. But I also know that the players still hate it and so do most fans that go to the game. And I don't have multiple TVs or I might agree with that point! 😀

It's not classy, but I set up a temporary TV for football season.  Wife hates it, but she watches it on Saturday as much as I do.  lol

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

In your position, I would agree. Actually the noon games work out a lot better this time of the season since it’s a lot cooler and more pleasant. But when you’re planning on tailgating and having people come, it stinks. It is what it is. I chose that game to do a tailgate because of the presumed weather conditions but oh well. Time to make the postgame tailgate great again.

4 minutes ago, lca408 said:

In your position, I would agree. Actually the noon games work out a lot better this time of the season since it’s a lot cooler and more pleasant. But when you’re planning on tailgating and having people come, it stinks. It is what it is. I chose that game to do a tailgate because of the presumed weather conditions but oh well. Time to make the postgame tailgate great again.

I don't disagree.  I just stopped going to games b/c I hated trying to find a place to stay and out of principal wouldn't pay $300 a night/two night minimum for the Econologe next to Waffle House.  That was the cheapest hotel at the time

IDK, maybe it's gotten better with the city actually allowing uber/taxis and the hotels out by tiger town.

Edited by W.E.D

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

mod edit:  STOP evading the profanity filter. Last chance for a home night game   

Im so sick of daytime games. Totally sick of it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Because I personally don't have down syndrome, true.  But it is virtue signaling to call out someone who used language that is extremely offensive to them?  Very weird stance here, but do you.

This will be my last post since I guess defending ppl with down syndrome is seen as bad

You’re not really defending anyone, now are you? Aren’t you really assuming the role of policing the board as a political correctness savant? Asking for a friend…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Everyone is allowed to comment on whatever they want. Would words like idiotic, imbecilic or moronic have been a better choice? No one was making fun of or insulting people with special needs. They were discussing a bad decision by TV and used a word that reflected that choice. If someone referred to a special needs person with that word, then I could understand the anger. Don't take every thing personally. And I really hate having these types of discussion on football boards and I apologize to all for getting sucked into this and prolonging it.

There’s no reasoning with them…may as well move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Someone should send me a PM on how mind-numbing became a bad word. That's asinine, idiotic, and dumb.

It was explained very explicitly in this thread, which is only 2 pages at the time that I'm typing this. I was also unaware that that term could be offensive. Now I understand both that it is and why it is, and it totally makes sense.

The beauty of our language is that we have many words at our disposal with which to describe almost anything. If one of them is taken off the board, you still have several to choose from.

I've dropped numerous words from my vocabulary, unless I am using them in a literal, historical, scientific, etc sense. I've managed to go on communicating just fine. In fact, it's presented me with a lot of opportunities to get creative and even deploy much more fun curse words in their stead. 

Free mind expansion, can't beat it.

• Dislike 2

31 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Someone should send me a PM on how mind-numbing became a bad word. That's asinine, idiotic, and dumb.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was also unaware that that term could be offensive.

The post was edited by the user.  I guess it changes in quoted posts, so the original phasing is no longer there.  not trying to continue the debate, just catching ppl up

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 2

Well as someone watching at home, 11 am is awesome.  Game is over by 2:30 and I get the rest of the day to relax.

For those of you attending, my condolences.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well as someone watching at home, 11 am is awesome.  Game is over by 2:30 and I get the rest of the day to relax.

Yeah this is how I always feel especially after a victory.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Also not great for West Coast viewers...