One Monster year from "first-day" money-1st round

vatz22au

Here

Scroll down to the bottom where it says, "One monster year from first day money" (meaning possible WR 1st round nominees)

Courtney Taylor, Obomanu, and Aromashodu all were mentioned as receivers, if they have a monster year, would go 1st round.

That would be awesome.

As it is, having 2 RBs drafted first round in the last draft helps us recruit great RBs.

I'm confident we'll get Caudle.. so theres a great QB...

and if we have 3 WRs drafted high.. we have better chances of recruiting more great WRs..

the future looks bright...

That would be awesome.

As it is, having 2 RBs drafted first round in the last draft helps us recruit great RBs.

I'm confident we'll get Caudle.. so theres a great QB...

and if we have 3 WRs drafted high.. we have better chances of recruiting more great WRs..

the future looks bright...

168322[/snapback]

We won't have 3 WRs go high. Plus Mix thinks he's pro material. I don't see Devin getting drafted, atleast not in the first 6 rounds. Ben, great kid, but I'm not sure about him either. They may get drafted, but not high.

We won't have 3 WRs go high. Plus Mix thinks he's pro material. I don't see Devin getting drafted, atleast not in the first 6 rounds. Ben, great kid, but I'm not sure about him either. They may get drafted, but not high.

168367[/snapback]

I agree with you on where they are right now, but I think you're overlooking the big "IF": the projections were based on "if they have a monster year".

I don't see any of them first round right now, but an amazing year could change things. I don't think Jason Campbell would have gone early based on his first three years of play. But he looked respectable enough during his first three years to be considered first round after his monster senior year.

None of top our receivers is first round material right now, but none is so far out of contention that they couldn't become first round if they have a year similar to Jason's last year.

None of top our receivers is first round material right now, but none is so far out of contention that they couldn't become first round if they have a year similar to Jason's last year.

168438[/snapback]

I disagree. Courtney Taylor has looked and played like first round material in my opinion.

168438[/snapback]

I disagree. Courtney Taylor has looked and played like first round material in my opinion.

168441[/snapback]

I agree with you on Courtney Taylor. Who would you rather see downfield with the game on the line going for the ball that CT? He's been at WR receiver for only a couple of years ... hard to believe this much progress.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Last year he came a long way...He had several drops early in the year but caught everything AFTER his potentiol td drop against LSU (deep ball that dropped through his fingers!)!

Obomadu has somehow figured out how to keep butter off of his fingers as well....Just hope he can show Coop and Mix the same thing! :big:

168438[/snapback]

168441[/snapback]

I agree with you on Courtney Taylor. Who would you rather see downfield with the game on the line going for the ball that CT? He's been at WR receiver for only a couple of years ... hard to believe this much progress.

WAR EAGLE!!!

168520[/snapback]

I can accept the idea that Courtney has the talent to deserve a first round pick right now, but I'm not to sure about his competition around the country. Given that only a few receivers will be drafted in the first round, would Courtney be among 'em right now? Of course, given the original premise of "having a monster year", there is no doubt in my mind that he'd be first round, even first receiver picked, if he had an outstanding year.

Plus he is only a junior--are there enough good seniors out there to take all the 1st-round receiver picks? ( I sure hope he doesn't jump pro early--Pull off some more of your 'stick around for your senior year' recuiting magic, CTT!) If he doesn't have a season to make him a guaranteed 1st round this spring, maybe he'll look at what one extra college year did Jason, Carnell, & Ronnie, and stick around.

168438[/snapback]

168441[/snapback]

WAR EAGLE!!!

168520[/snapback]

I can accept the idea that Courtney has the talent to deserve a first round pick right now, but I'm not to sure about his competition around the country. Given that only a few receivers will be drafted in the first round, would Courtney be among 'em right now? Of course, given the original premise of "having a monster year", there is now doubt in my mind that he'd be first round, even first receiver picked, if he had an outstanding year.

Plus he is only a junior--are there enough good seniors out there to take all the 1st-round receiver picks? ( I sure hope he doesn't jump pro early--Pull off some more of your 'stick around for your senior year' recuiting magic, CTT!) If he doesn't have a season to make him a guaranteed 1st round this spring, maybe he'll look at what one extra college year did Jason, Carnell, & Ronnie, and stick around.

168619[/snapback]

I agree if he stays one more year, he'll definitely be a high pick. You also have to consider though the fact that Courtney Taylor is getting alot of attention this preseason....an unusual high amount actually.

Archived