Remind Me

rophle

20 minutes ago, rophle said:

How much did we pay for Gus to go away and get this steaming pile of…?

I mean, hey 6-6 is still a solid year...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rophle said:

Don't be a Gus apologist its a bad take. Espcially when this steaming pile is directly attributable to Gus...  points at Gus's lack of recruiting Oline, lack of QB development, always running our backup QBs off, terrible offensive scheme with the most basic of route trees.  Like dawg, this was a rebuilding year bc of Gus and if you cant see that you don't know how any of this works.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Y'all really don't realize this team was expected to be WORSE then it was.  This was a rebuilding year.  Bobo needs to go bc I could have called a better game but to actually want Gus back? Y'all crazy.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, rophle said:

Which one?  Bobo, Mason or Harsin?

Edited by gctiger

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Don't be a Gus apologist its a bad take. Espcially when this steaming pile is directly attributable to Gus...  points at Gus's lack of recruiting Oline, lack of QB development, always running our backup QBs off, terrible offensive scheme with the most basic of route trees.  Like dawg, this was a rebuilding year bc of Gus and if you cant see that you don't know how any of this works.

Don’t tell me what to do. And I know exactly how this works. 

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

Y'all really don't realize this team was expected to be WORSE then it was.  This was a rebuilding year.  Bobo needs to go bc I could have called a better game but to actually want Gus back? Y'all crazy.

No it wasnt lol

it was a floor of 6-6 with a ceiling of 9-3

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

Gus apologists out here in droves lmao

eh, let people vent.

We're very likely going to end the year on a 4 game losing streak which will include 2 losses to teams that have less talent than Auburn even with our roster deficiencies and injuries. 

MS ST and SCAR were supposed to be wins in most peoples eye's preseason. LSU fell through the floor and we got a win there and then we beat a good Ole Miss squad, but these last two losses are tough to swallow. We haven't played well to end the season

Edited by CoffeeTiger

6 minutes ago, rophle said:

Don’t tell me what to do. And I know exactly how this works. 

well then you shouldn't have takes as bad as fire harsin lmao.  Looking like a fool with that one and a gus apologist which is worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

eh, let people vent.

We're very likely going to end the year on a 4 game losing streak which will include 2 losses to teams that have less talent than Auburn even with our roster deficiencies and injuries. 

MS ST and SCAR were supposed to be wins in most peoples eye's preseason. LSU fell through the floor and we got a win there and then we beat a good Ole Miss squad, but these last two losses are tough to swallow. We haven't played well to end the season.

eh you are right.  Venting is needed. I'll chill on calling people out for the bad takes.  Thanks for that, I needed to hear "let people vent".

• Like 2

My bad guys y'all go ahead and vent I was being too harsh of yall's kneejerk reactions. It happens.  Ignore my earlier posts and I took down the Gus Apologist thread it was unnecessary.

Edited by Didba

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

well then you shouldn't have takes as bad as fire harsin lmao.  Looking like a fool with that one and a gus apologist which is worse.

I never said we should fire Harsin; we should’ve never hired him but now we’re stuck with him.  Everyone who was so hard up to get rid of Gus should be so proud. 

15 minutes ago, rophle said:

All of the above

1 minute ago, rophle said:

I never said we should fire Harsin; we should’ve never hired him but now we’re stuck with him.  Everyone who was so hard up to get rid of Gus should be so proud. 

You literally just said fire Harsin when you said "all of the above".  Disgree with never should have hired Harsin and I'm 100% proud we got rid of Gus his scheme is terrible.

3 minutes ago, rophle said:

Anyone who wanted to keep Gus should never comment on football again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

Not just Bobo, up 25 and collapsed last week followed by up 14 this week. Mason is at least equally bad. 

• Like 3

Just now, CCTAU said:

Anyone who wanted to keep Gus should never comment on football again.

Facts.  Gus's scheme was terrible.

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Not just Bobo, up 25 and collapsed last week followed by up 14 this week. Mason is at least equally bad. 

See I don't agree here with that. Point me to a team that has stopped Moo State besides Bama and I'd then agree with you.  Our defense was always gonna give up a ton of points to Moo State and if you dispute that then you don't understand how hard is is to scheme a Mike leach offense.  The way we were gonna beat MState was to keep them off the field with our offense.  That's on Bobo.

Just now, Didba said:

See I don't agree here with that. Point me to a team that has stopped Moo State besides Bama and I'd then agree with you.  Our defense was always gonna give up a ton of points to Moo State and if you dispute that then you don't understand how hard is is to scheme a Mike leach offense.  The way we were gonna beat MState was to keep them off the field with our offense.  That's on Bobo.

Not many people blame being up 25 points and losing on the offense but go ahead and stick to your guns if that’s what you wanna do. I clearly see that you won’t be changing your mind on Mason which is fine. Those headlines last week about the biggest collapse in AU were mainly based on the D. Up 25 points no matter how you want to slice it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Not many people blame being up 25 points and losing on the offense but go ahead and stick to your guns if that’s what you wanna do. I clearly see that you won’t be changing your mind on Mason which is fine. Those headlines last week about the biggest collapse in AU were mainly based on the D. Up 25 points no matter how you want to slice it. 

I mean the stats Moo State has put up on everybody but Bama back me up. Thus, when I have solid evidence backing up my reasoning, and other film guys that agree with me, I will stick with my guns. 

Its well known that the best way to keep an offense like Moo state from beating you is to have long sustained drives chewing up clock, its literally a part of many teams defensive gameplans against air raid teams like moo state. So yeah when the Offense fails to hold up that bargain and puts the defense in bad spots, you blame the offense for bad defense. This isn't hard to see and many coaches, film guys, scheme nerds will opine on how it works.

Edited by Didba

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

I mean the stats Moo State has put up on everybody but Bama back me up. Thus, when I have solid evidence backing up my reasoning, and other film guys that agree with me, I will stick with my guns. 

Its well known that the best way to keep an offense like Moo state from beating you is to have long sustained drives chewing up clock, its literally a part of many teams defensive gameplans against air raid teams like moo state. So yeah when the Offense fails to hold up that bargain and puts the defense in bad spots, you blame the offense for bad defense. This isn't hard to see and many coaches, film guys, scheme nerds will opine on how it works.

What everyone has agreed on was that was the biggest collapse in AU history. To think that the D didn’t play a role in giving up a 25 point lead does not take a film guy or scheme nerd to understand it. Yes the offense should have done more, but the of course the D played the biggest part, thus the collapse portion of virtually every headline. The both are bad which I said in my original point. 

• Like 1