Remind Me

rophle

16 hours ago, Didba said:

Don't be a Gus apologist its a bad take. Espcially when this steaming pile is directly attributable to Gus...  points at Gus's lack of recruiting Oline, lack of QB development, always running our backup QBs off, terrible offensive scheme with the most basic of route trees.  Like dawg, this was a rebuilding year bc of Gus and if you cant see that you don't know how any of this works.

If Gus were still HC  can you imagine how much worse this would be?

One of the things with Gus that made me wanna pound my head in the wall was that it seemed like he stopped fixing things in the offseasons. Same ole same ole every year. We'll see if Harsin makes changes or stubbornly doesn't do squat. May not matter, but gotta try. By changes I mean both staff and roster wise

17 hours ago, rophle said:

How much did we pay for Gus to go away and get this steaming pile of…?

Gus had a huge advantage over Harsin in his 1st year:

1. He inherited a cupboard full of players, and 

2. He didn’t succeed himself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Not going to get in the Gus stuff, talent????  Auburn Is not even close to GA or Alabama.    Auburn is not as talented as PSU, Ole Miss and aTm, even with LSU, Arkansas and MSU.   Only teams I’ve seen that Auburn had better talent, the cupcakes and South Carolina.   That was a bad loss last night 

AU has more talent than everyone on our schedule minus UGA, Bama, Texas AM, and PSU. Georgia, Tex AM and Bama can be chalked up to talent IMO, but the rest of our losses fall on coaching. JMO

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Even Gus would understand to feed Tank when he has the hot hand. Tank had 3 carries in the 4th quarter. That’s terrible coaching on Harsin and Bobo

12 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Even Gus would understand to feed Tank when he has the hot hand. Tank had 3 carries in the 4th quarter. That’s terrible coaching on Harsin and Bobo

There is absolutely no arguing this. $1.3 million and the guy doesn’t even understand that you play to your advantages. By the end of this Auburn will have traded $1.3 million and what should be another one of Auburn’s all-time great runningbacks for Mike Bobo. Needs to be some serious looking in the mirror for this coaching staff and a change needs to be made.

Piss on waiting around. You’ve got elite talent and you’re blowing it for the kid. If you are not able to recognize that you need to ride Tank Bigsby to a (insert expletive here) victory then get gone! Absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

AU has more talent than everyone on our schedule minus UGA, Bama, Texas AM, and PSU. Georgia, Tex AM and Bama can be chalked up to talent IMO, but the rest of our losses fall on coaching. JMO

I agree to disagree.  Would you rather have Bo or Corral/Rogers?  Who has better receivers, Auburn or Ole Miss/State?   Offensive lines?   I would say about even for each team, with possibly ole miss with slight edge.   
defenses?  They all stink.   I wouldn’t trust any with the game on the line.   I would overall, they are even.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

we would be competing against LSU and UF for coaches. Hars may still have ended up here or UW. we would be in worse shape. lol

Edited by Randman5000

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Gus would have ran Tank into the ground two games ago . 

and we would still be arguing about bo flushing from the pocket too soon with terrible fundamentals

Edited by Randman5000
  • Facepalm 1

I was just on this site in which they named the 40 worst college head coaches in history. Chizik was on the list and one thing I found was between chiz and Gus Auburn coughed up  over 30 mill to get rid of them

5 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

There is absolutely no arguing this. $1.3 million and the guy doesn’t even understand that you play to your advantages. By the end of this Auburn will have traded $1.3 million and what should be another one of Auburn’s all-time great runningbacks for Mike Bobo. Needs to be some serious looking in the mirror for this coaching staff and a change needs to be made.

Piss on waiting around. You’ve got elite talent and you’re blowing it for the kid. If you are not able to recognize that you need to ride Tank Bigsby to a (insert expletive here) victory then get gone! Absolutely pathetic.

Auburn couldn’t get the ball back.  Auburn only had 2 possessions.  He had 3 carries on one of the possessions.   The other possession was a three and out (2 passes and a speed sweep with #0).  
Tank is great talent but there isn’t any other “elite” talent on offense.  

There have been some questionable coaching calls this year… but… We all knew that this was going to be a difficult year because we were switching from a high school offense to a pro style offense. 
I would be more willing to give everybody on the coaching staff a break if they were just freaking recruiting more quality players. Reading the news on the recruiting forum Is almost as bad as reading a game thread on this site.  Brutal. 

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn couldn’t get the ball back.  Auburn only had 2 possessions.  He had 3 carries on one of the possessions.   The other possession was a three and out (2 passes and a speed sweep with #0).  
Tank is great talent but there isn’t any other “elite” talent on offense.  

He had 2 carries in the 2nd quarter and 3 carries in the 4th. He was averaging 7.5 yards per carry. O-Line was getting plenty of push last night. Bobo is more about scripts and balance than doing what’s needed to be done to win the damn game.

21 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

He had 2 carries in the 2nd quarter and 3 carries in the 4th. He was averaging 7.5 yards per carry. O-Line was getting plenty of push last night. Bobo is more about scripts and balance than doing what’s needed to be done to win the damn game.

No, I looked at the play by play. Tank had the ball on enough drives. 
that 3 Carries in the 4th was 3 of 6 plays. 
On the last drive of the 3rd and into the 4th, he got 6 touches out of 14 plays. 

you didn’t seem to want to show he got 9 Carrie’s I’m the 1st qtr. and the reason he only got 2 in the 2nd was bc they game him a breather on our first possession of the 2nd qtr and SC had a long time consuming drive, and the last drive of qtr 2 was with 17 secs left.

the only issue I had on play calling w Tank was on that 4th and 1. Give him the dang ball, or keep him out to make them THINK he’s getting the ball.   

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Gus would have ran Tank into the ground two games ago . 

and we would still be arguing about bo flushing from the pocket too soon with terrible fundamentals

I doubt that. We lost to South Carolina 2 years straight the same way..... because we didn’t feed Tank enough

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No, I looked at the play by play. Tank had the ball on enough drives. 
that 3 Carries in the 4th was 3 of 6 plays. 
On the last drive of the 3rd and into the 4th, he got 6 touches out of 14 plays. 

you didn’t seem to want to show he got 9 Carrie’s I’m the 1st qtr. and the reason he only got 2 in the 2nd was bc they game him a breather on our first possession of the 2nd qtr and SC had a long time consuming drive, and the last drive of qtr 2 was with 17 secs left.

the only issue I had on play calling w Tank was on that 4th and 1. Give him the dang ball, or keep him out to make them THINK he’s getting the ball.   

He got 9 in the 1st. 8 in the 3rd. That doesn’t change my stance at all. South Carolina had no answer for him. Go with what’s working. There’s nothing to argue about here.

2 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

He got 9 in the 1st. 8 in the 3rd. That doesn’t change my stance at all. South Carolina had no answer for him. Go with what’s working. There’s nothing to argue about here.

Sure there is.  😉

but you’re not totally wrong either. 

We lost bc we gave SC life late 1st half. 
and we gave shown the last 4 games we can’t get the passing game going to sustain drives. 

4 hours ago, e808 said:

Imo It was the kick return just so happen the gap where it was return the Auburn player got hurt

Yea that was a backbreaker.  If memory serves it had literally been years since we had given up a kickoff return TD. That might be incorrect, but it had been quite a while.

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Not going to get in the Gus stuff, talent????  Auburn Is not even close to GA or Alabama.    Auburn is not as talented as PSU, Ole Miss and aTm, even with LSU, Arkansas and MSU.   Only teams I’ve seen that Auburn had better talent, the cupcakes and South Carolina.   That was a bad loss last night 

Go back and check recruiting the past five years. Enough said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

He actually was mentioned preseason as Heisman watchlist.  Then every time he went out and lost the game and threw interceptions, Gus would remind us that JJ had a phenomenal practice week. That’s when he earned the nickname “Practice Heisman”.  I distinctly remember on very many occasions he would throw yet another interception, come back to the sidelines, take off his helmet, and he had a big smile from ear to ear. That attitude in my opinion was unacceptable. But yes he was mentioned as a preseason Heisman hopeful.  

“Mentioned” vs “Heisman favorite” are two different things. That was my point.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Go back and check recruiting the past five years. Enough said.

But we have out recruited Miss. State and S.C.  We should have known after the Ga. Southern game we were in trouble.

Edited by Proud Tiger

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

But we have out recruited Miss. State and S.C.  We should have known after the Ga. Southern game we were in trouble.

For the most part, we have out recruited everyone we’ve played except for Georgia and the turds next week. Last two seasons Texas A&M out-recruited us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hardly the same as blowing a 25 point lead to a mediocre MSU team in JHS.

Then the following week, blowing a 14 point lead on the road against a below average South Carolina team with a small step above a walk on quarterback.

With both Gus (after the rule change) and Harsin, it’s coaching! That’s the point!

It would appear, some on here just have so much hatred for Gus, they don’t mind going six and six against inferior talent as long as Gus isn’t our coach.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2