25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the SEC East?

• Tenn.
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • South Carolina
    • Kentucky
    • Vandy

East is going to be pretty good this year as well with Spurrier back on the sidelines..... I believe it is a good 2-3 years away though until you worry about South Carolina...hes playing with Holtz's players, not his own.

Tenn. is looking for a championship year, as well as Florida. Florida is loaded with talent, but will the new coach's system be enough to win a championship? Georgia lost alot, but D.J. Shockley by no means is an inexperienced qb....and has the talent around him to do well (that big ass TE of theres, Pope, is a HOSS).

Just like the West, 3 teams in the East will probably be in the mix for the division title.

The east is overated as usual.....so I voted Kentucky!  :P

168398[/snapback]

lol I was like," Who the heck voted for kentucky?" Then I saw your post.... :lol:

I have no idea.

I just don't see UT winning it with such a horrible secondary and a QB position that is good but not as great as many think.

I don't see UF's DL being great nor will their LB's be that solid without Channing....remember the UGA game as they fell apart without him? Add in a completely new, untried system.

I don't see us competing with Shockley at QB and VG gone this year.

So.......

I'm not actually voting becasue I think it's too close to call. In my mind, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida are so close to each other that it may well come down to a few funny bounces of the ball in one or two games, or a few lucky/unlucky penalties among the three. IF FORCED to lay my money on a trifecta, I guess I'd pick TN-FL-UGA in that order, but I really do bet it comes down to a few lucky breaks as to which one finishes first.

Much as I see the West with the difference between LSU & Auburn being a few key breaks in a game or two (or as many feel, only LSU's home field advantage when they meet determining the West). I think Bama will need a lot more breaks to catch them, but I'd bet on LSU-AU-UA in that order, if forced to bet.

I voted for the puppies. I believe they will sneak up on the rest.

As much as I hated to click on it, I voted for UT. I'm still not sold on them after pasting their a$$es twice last year. I'm trying to figure out what all the hype is and why all the "Experts" think they suddenly became this top 5 juggernaut.

Still, Coach Fill Full has been the most consistent program in the SEC over the last decade so I can't really bet against him. The wild card in the east is Shockley. If he produces, UGA will be barkin' in Atlanta.

Im suprised Florida isnt getting alot of votes...I'd thought they would receive more attention than Georgia at least. Florida has alot of talent...and if the coaching goes well...the ability to win the SEC.

I really like Leak at QB and he is easily the class of this league. But, I think they're going to miss Ciatrick Faison way more than people realize. That guy was a monster and is going to have a great NFL career in my humble opinion. From what I can tell, the depth chart at RB after Faison is not that impressive. If they don't have someone to keep the heat off Leak, UF is in for a tough road.

Will UT be able to field a team? Sounds like they are having trouble keeping players out of jail. :poke:

I voted for UGA also, the East is just a big jumble with the Big Three all having numerous question marks. UT/UF game is gonna be a good one and hopefully the refs don't fubar it. I think the real deciding game is going to be UGA/UT, last year was an ugly slugfest and the Dawgs have had UT's number lately, and there is no love lost b/t those two teams. What does work in Richt's favor is that UF and UT both LSU at Baton Rouge.

Guest Tigrinum Major

UGA. No real reason except I think they have a better idea what it takes than Florida and UT is having trouble that translates to distractions.

They are all too close to call, really. I hope Shockey comes through.

I voted for the Dawgs too. I think UT's hype will bring them down. Or at least I hope so. My fiance's family is all about the Vols, so I like giving them a hard time. As for UF, i'm just not sold on the Meyer hype. I think Richt can do it. Why the heck not. So, I'll call it now, UGA goes 10-1, with a loss to :au: !

:cheer::au: !

Will UT be able to field a team? Sounds like they are having trouble keeping players out of jail. :poke:

168450[/snapback]

Will UA be able to field a team? Seems like they have trouble keeping players out of the hospital?? :poke:

I think as everybody b/t :ut::uf::uga: It could very well be a toss up. But, I think Meyer is a for real coach and was a perfect fit for the talent at UF. The Vols will be tough to beat but have questions in the secodary. I have not idea what talent UGA returns other thatn Shockley, RBS, and the tank they call a TE. But they will be good. This is going to be a fun year of SEC football.

Archived