Mason rumored as a top candidate for A&M DC job

japantiger

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I'm not sure that's all he is. But, either way, it's a huge part of the job. He just brought the nation's #1 recruit to JSU and you are laughing at him. 

The biggest part a HC does is determine direction, motivate, inspire, and lead. The Xs and Os are left to the coordinators and the implementation is left to the position coaches.  Deion doesn't have to be a X and O savant, which he's pretty dang good, he just needs to hire good coaches and let them coach. Think Dabo.

• Like 3

I'm sure all those new defensive recruits we got would love to see Mason go somewhere else.  /s

Guest MustardSeed

Deion likely broke NCAA rules and state law to get the #1 recruit and then had people blast it everywhere. Personality is fine. Arrogance mixed with ignorance is dangerous however. Now maybe nothing comes of it… but it’s not just the toothless NCAA rules being broken here. State law (both in Alabama and Mississippi) says it’s illegal to pay a student athlete contingent on them attending a certain school.   Praise Deion all you want… but if it’s half as obvious as it looks it was an extremely risky illegal payment. No way anyone with 3% of a brain could come to a different conclusion. State is state law and when you make it extremely obvious that you don’t care when you break it and involve over a million dollars…it’s a line no one with common sense should walk.  So like I said. Arrogance mixed with ignorance is extremely dangerous 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

We know that. Nobody is arguing otherwise . Just giving props where they are due. You are pretty much arguing with yourself. I am pretty sure Deion understands that he has to develop players too. Our old coach had a good portion on power 5 transfers too and it didn’t  look so

It's just that I said it lol. Whatever I say you'll find him coming around to change my words or want an argument. 

He used to come around every post I made if I criticized Bo......now he's silent about that!

I didn't say he was some offensive genius, but he's won the title in high school at Texas and now he's won the title where he's coaching now. Clearly he's more than some hype man.

But that's the IQ here. Some out of shape nerdy dude that was a position coach should be respected and adored and taken serious. A HOF debatable greatest player of all time.....salesman. Number 1 corner goes to play for the greatest corner of all time can't develop a corner.....almost makes you wonder what is being looked at to even draw the conclusions.....

Edited by cole256
  • Like 4

Definition of ignorance, lack of knowledge or information......how ironic is that!

You see this is actually the NCAAbiggest nightmare. Let it be shown you can go to a HBCU and have just as much of an experience as anywhere else. Things will get very interesting. I also find it ironic this happens at urban Meyer gets outed as well.

It's great that all these guys that had this power and leverage they used to exploit kids getting outed. It's funny that a man who doesn't need anything from them and is sacrificing to help the kids gets the name calling and the negative remarks. Makes you open your eyes and see what it's all about!

Who cared about Bo getting his money and endorsements? 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest MustardSeed
23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who cared about Bo getting his money and endorsements?

No one illegally paid him to go to a certain school (that we know of). Apples and oranges 

43 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Deion likely broke NCAA rules and state law to get the #1 recruit and then had people blast it everywhere. Personality is fine. Arrogance mixed with ignorance is dangerous however. Now maybe nothing comes of it… but it’s not just the toothless NCAA rules being broken here. State law (both in Alabama and Mississippi) says it’s illegal to pay a student athlete contingent on them attending a certain school.   Praise Deion all you want… but if it’s half as obvious as it looks it was an extremely risky illegal payment. No way anyone with 3% of a brain could come to a different conclusion. State is state law and when you make it extremely obvious that you don’t care when you break it and involve over a million dollars…it’s a line no one with common sense should walk.  So like I said. Arrogance mixed with ignorance is extremely dangerous 

I admit I don't know the structure of the NIL deal. You must know the details to make such strong statements. How is the deal structured and what state law was broken?

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No one illegally paid him to go to a certain school (that we know of). Apples and oranges 

Oh yeah? Tell me what you know of this guy getting paid to go to a certain school. And yeah Bo's behavior clearly shows he wasn't given or promised stuff here at Auburn huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I admit I don't know the structure of the NIL deal. You must know the details to make such strong statements. How is the deal structured and what state law was broken?

It’s just common sense. If you give a contract to a player and for him to receive the money he has to go to school XYZ…then Alabama’s and Mississippi’s newly passed NIL laws says that’s illegal.  Its specifically spelled out in both laws. It’d be really hard to ever believe the #1 player in the country went to Jackson St, got 1.5 million and only went there because he just wanted to play there. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh yeah? Tell me what you know of this guy getting paid to go to a certain school. And yeah Bo's behavior clearly shows he wasn't given or promised stuff here at Auburn huh?

Just now, MustardSeed said:

It’s just common sense. If you give a contract to a player and for him to receive the money he has to go to school XYZ…then Alabama’s and Mississippi’s newly passed NIL laws says that’s illegal.  Its specifically spelled out in both laws. It’d be really hard to ever believe the #1 player in the country went to Jackson St, got 1.5 million and only went there because he just wanted to play there. 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

It's possible he was paid, legally or illegally. Just like most top players at most schools. 

Not sure why that makes you call him "arrogant" and "ignorant."

• Thanks 2

If it matters to anyone, Deion said none of it is true. 

Among the rumors that proliferated online Wednesday was that Barstool Sports, for whom Sanders is a media personality and the subject of a documentary series on Jackson State football, had offered up over $1 million to Hunter.

“We didn't pay him! We ain't got no money! We ain't got no money!” Sanders said, struggling to hold back laughter after being asked about the rumors by Jay Williams. “I heard a million and a half, and I heard Dave Portnoy over at Barstool. That's the biggest lie I ever heard. You know what that is? That means we kicked your but, we took what was ours, and now you gotta make up an excuse why. 

“Ain't nobody get no a million and a half. I wouldn't pay my son a million-and-a-half on NIL. How am I gonna coach a guy making more than me?”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why is it hard to believe that he wanted to support an hbcu and the there's a coach who's the greatest ever to play his position is the coach? 

Would Bo had received his Milo deal had he gone to Kentucky?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Why is it hard to believe that he wanted to support an hbcu and the there's a coach who's the greatest ever to play his position is the coach? 

Would Bo had received his Milo deal had he gone to Kentucky?

Deion said he was going to let Hunter play both ways. Maybe he liked that, too. 

• Like 3

I like his response!! They have to prove he did something and it looks like, so far, there’s nothing there. I’m ambivalent relative to Deion but admire anyone who finds a way to do what most thought he couldn’t. 

You know guys there is a thread on Prime and Hunter he can we stick with Mason so call rumors. If you want to talk about Prime, who I believe has a bright future as a coach, take it to the below thread. I'm asking nicely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, cbo said:

Deion said he was going to let Hunter play both ways. Maybe he liked that, too. 

Oh he literally said he's looked up to deion his entire life. He knows he'll get coached by the best and he wanted to walk in the steps of mcnair, rice, Doug Williams, and Walter Peyton. 

He said it's a chance to make history and he wants to pave a way and help hbcu's. It's really very admirable and speaks volumes about his character. But that ignorance and arrogance......it'll get you every time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mason’s name is going to be mentioned for a lot of DC positions as long as he is here or he proves he can’t coach defense any longer. He is a highly respect guy in football circles. IMO I’d be surprised to see him go to another college DC position.  So I don’t plan to sweat any of those rumors. Now if NFL DC or HC rumors pop up. Then I’ll worry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's possible he was paid, legally or illegally. Just like most top players at most schools. 

Not sure why that makes you call him "arrogant" and "ignorant."

Well it’s more of an IF. IF he knows the state law and knowing broke it that’s arrogance. If he doesn’t that’s ignorance. If he doesn’t know it’s against NCAA rules that’s ignorance. If he does and expects nothing to happen that’s arrogance. It’s nothing to do with his personality, but his POTENTIAL actions…if what we have heard is true. Of course it may all be legal, but it is extremely suspect. If it’s all above board and he got that legit then he deserves mad props. But that’s an ever bigger IF in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You know guys there is a thread on Prime and Hunter he can we stick with Mason so call rumors. If you want to talk about Prime, who I believe has a bright future as a coach, take it to the below thread. I'm asking nicely 

My bad. I was just speaking on recruiting and if we really wanted to take over or have a chance at being the lead dog that this was the only way I really see

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

My bad. I was just speaking on recruiting and if we really wanted to take over or have a chance at being the lead dog that this was the only way I really see

No biggie I'm praying DM stays thru his second year contract. I do expect him to leave eventually.

• Like 1