Austin Davis

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Has anybody heard anything specific as far as when he will actually be in Auburn? Or when he will join the team? Can he help recruit right now?

No idea outside of working w qbs

Seems to my perception is that he is what Rhett Lashlee was to Malzahn -- an apprentice of sorts although lash may have actually called plays, I can't remember.

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

No idea outside of working w qbs

Seems to my perception is that he is what Rhett Lashlee was to Malzahn -- an apprentice of sorts although lash may have actually called plays, I can't remember.

That wasn't the question.

And no that is not going to be his role.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Has anybody heard anything specific as far as when he will actually be in Auburn? Or when he will join the team? Can he help recruit right now?

Very soon.  Very soon.  He has been helping in recruiting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Harsin mentioned a staff meeting on Jan 11th after Austin Davis arrives, so I expect that’ll be his first day in Auburn.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Ahh true I read it as "what will his role be"

What will his role be then? 

This year it'll be mostly QB coach and gameplan creation, if I were a betting man.

QB coach = every day of the week focus on fundamentals, progressions, reads, footwork, intricacies of the position, "manages" the QB on Saturdays.

Gameplan creation = installing play call packages, preventing tendencies, situational play calling, all other weekly gameplan input Mon to Fri.

Just a hunch. There's too much riding on this upcoming season to fully hand playcalling over to a green OC. I imagine Harsin will call the plays but AD will (situationally) provide input and feedback in real time on Saturday and then review film with Harsin on Sunday in a special capacity away from normal film sessions.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 4

He’s not gone help with recruiting right off the bat. It takes a while to build these relationships. No matter the resume, kids ain’t committing to some random coach they don’t know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seattle season is over is Davis on campus yet or if not on campus on the recruiting trail? We need help with O-line recruiting and if still any chance on CW he should be contacting him and try to convince him to visit. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

He is supposedly arriving in Auburn today. No idea if that has changed, but that was the word a few days ago.

TY

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Seattle season is over is Davis on campus yet or if not on campus on the recruiting trail? We need help with O-line recruiting and if still any chance on CW he should be contacting him and try to convince him to visit. 

Yes, he needs to hit the ground running that's for sure.