ATM spends $25-30M on 2022 class

WFE12

On 1/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, LKEEL75 said:

No way!!!  Someone found it on the internet.  It must be true!!!!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Usually, I'd be on your side with this sarcasm, but this info came from an internet forum user name "SlicedBread" 

It's hard to dismiss claims with this much sourcing behind them. 

On 1/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Thanks for posting.

I don't know how much credibility "SliceBread" or BroBible should be extended.  Even if the low number is to be believed, that equates to nearly $300,000 for every scholarship player.  From the way this reads, the eyepopping number was for the signing class alone?  If so, they forked over roughly $1 Million per.  Not completely out of the question, since they have the deepest pockets in the SEC based on endowment totals.  Not sure I buy it though....

According to the guys on 3 man front on JOX in Birmingham, the last 5 star that committed on signing day was signing with LSU. Until A&M offered 150,000 for the first year, 120,000 for the second, and 100,000 for the last two years, iirmc. That's one player, and what he told LSU. I'm not sure that 30 mil is accurate, but I'm coming from the opposite direction that you are. As in.....☝️

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

According to the guys on 3 man front on JOX in Birmingham, the last 5 star that committed on signing day was signing with LSU. Until A&M offered 150,000 for the first year, 120,000 for the second, and 100,000 for the last two years, iirmc. That's one player, and what he told LSU. I'm not sure that 30 mil is accurate, but I'm coming from the opposite direction that you are. As in.....☝️

Dang, that’s more than Cam got.