Tigers are #2 in the country!

PigskinPat

I love that he has us at #2 but I wish that we were ranked just a little lower as the higher the rank the harder teams play against you because they want the fame of beating one of the top ranked teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love it but it sure puts a target on our back being ranked so high this early. Just ask Duke, Kansas, etc. Also provides a lot of incentive for bama Tuesday.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love that he has us at #2 but I wish that we were ranked just a little lower as the higher the rank the harder teams play against you because they want the fame of beating one of the top ranked teams.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I love it but it sure puts a target on our back being ranked so high this early. Just ask Duke, Kansas, etc. Also provides a lot of incentive for bama Tuesday.

Hate to break it to you ... that target is already on Auburn's back. We are the top team in the SEC and every single team is going to give us their best shot every night. Shying away from a high ranking is silly. I want to keep winning and hopefully get that #1 AP spot.

• Like 1

CBS SPORTS TOP 25 AND 1 (JAN. 9)

1. Baylor

2. Auburn

3. UCLA

4. Gonzaga

5. Michigan State

6. USC

7. Wisconsin

8. LSU

9. Purdue

10. Kansas

Auburn's highest ranking this millennium is 4, from 2 seasons ago. Purdue and Kansas should both drop, but both have a pretty substantial gap over us. I'd think KU drops under us, but I wouldnt be shocked if we were still behind Purdue

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn's highest ranking this millennium is 4, from 2 seasons ago. Purdue and Kansas should both drop, but both have a pretty substantial gap over us. I'd think KU drops under us, but I wouldnt be shocked if we were still behind Purdue

Duke will drop as well. I don't think all 3 will fall below Auburn but if we win both games next week Auburn will start getting more attention for the top 5.

• Like 1

I hope we don't PEAK too early...want to be in the top 4 going to the Final Four...and then win it all...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Duke will drop as well. I don't think all 3 will fall below Auburn but if we win both games next week Auburn will start getting more attention for the top 5.

I forgot about Duke but ye. A win against a barely ranked/right out of the top 25 Alabama (either way a Quad 1 win) and then a Quad 2 win vs Ole Miss would be huge

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I forgot about Duke but ye. A win against a barely ranked/right out of the top 25 Alabama (either way a Quad 1 win) and then a Quad 2 win vs Ole Miss would be huge

The win over lswho looks better today too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Hm, what do we want everyone's sorry ass best? No! We want every team's absolute best. That will only make us better in the long run and we will need it come the big dance.  

Basketball's a long haul but pre-2018 I never thought us even being ranked in the top 10 in this sport was possible. What Bruce has done here so far is incredible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Basketball's a long haul but pre-2018 I never thought us even being ranked in the top 10 in this sport was possible. What Bruce has done here so far is incredible.

kazookid-wait-a-minute-who-are-you.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just a boost up to help the tahd of they win.  Lol

Gary Parrish in that CBS poll at least had some logic in it.  We are 7-1 against Quad1 and 2 teams.   Baylor is the only team better than us winning percentage wise with 7 wins that range.  So feels we have 2nd best resume at this point. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

The win over lswho looks better today too.

Yeah I think that’ll already be factored into the rankings and polls, but it would be certainly helpful at selection Sunday for them to remain elite. They certainly appear to be the second best team in conference as of rn 

• Like 1

Really ALOT of Q 1/2 opportunities. Another Florida game (in the Swamp), UTk, 2 UA and UK games. Off top that’s all Quad 1 opportunities. In the absence of some ugly losses, I’d think we have as good a remaining path as any of the contenders

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

We’ll be Top 4. USC and Arizona will likely hold steady since they didn’t play, with Duke, Kansas, and Purdue falling below us. 

Incredibly unlikely Duke does, they’re at 1447 points and we’re at 976 right now. Miami wasn’t a good loss (by NET) though

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby