Auburn only has itself to blame for tonight

gr82b4au

Ok I am bitter tonight. But…

The teams with the best players win. It will always be this way. Watching our 2 biggest rivals play AGAIN tonight makes me sad. 2 times in the last 5 years. When will it stop? Not for a while now.
I blame Jacobs. I blame Gus. I blame Auburn. Our 2 biggest rivals have dominated recruiting for years and years and have reached the point where we can’t compete for championships.

We should have fired Gus years ago and brought in someone like Kirby. I do not like him but he can recruit. Maybe We should have hired Mario last year or someone that could recruit. We are soooo far behind right now.  I have no idea if Harsin will be any good but His first year was not ideal. However he really has no chance going forward unless we can get a miracle Hail Mary last minute QB prospect and 4 new OL… oh and some WRs. The cupboard is bare. 

I have seen what hiring a coach like Bruce can do for a program. It brings in talent. And then you start to win championships. 

Hahahaha ok rant over. I feel better. Time to see if CW is visiting. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The teams with the best players win. It will always be this way. Watching our 2 biggest rivals play AGAIN tonight makes me sad. 2 times in the last 5 years. When will it stop? Not for a while now.
I blame Jacobs. I blame Gus. I blame Auburn. Our 2 biggest rivals have dominated recruiting for years and years and have reached the point where we can’t compete for championships.

We should have fired Gus years ago and brought in someone like Kirby. I do not like him but he can recruit. Maybe We should have hired Mario last year or someone that could recruit. We are soooo far behind right now.  I have no idea if Harsin will be any good but His first year was not ideal. However he really has no chance going forward unless we can get a miracle Hail Mary last minute QB prospect and 4 new OL… oh and some WRs. The cupboard is bare. 

I have seen what hiring a coach like Bruce can do for a program. It brings in talent. And then you start to win championships. 

Sorry you're in a negative funk. Hope 2022 is a good year for you. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Took Bruce 4 long years to get Auburn BB to prominence. Of course, Barbee had run it in the ground, so he had a lot of building to do. Harsin hasn’t got quite the same hill to climb as Bruce, but does have his work cut out for him.

• Like 4

No sense crying over spilled milk.  But we better start landing some stud recruits asap because our schedule is getting tougher by the day with having to play The Turd, ATM, LSU and UGA every stinking year.  All  of them always loaded with NFL talent.  Until then we gotta start winning games by scheming well and making good in-game decision’s.  

Auburn could have had Kirby when we first hired Gus after the 2012 debacle  but nobody would listen to Pat Dye.  Gus was the shiny new thing with the dynamite new offense.  A few years later the he no longer had an effective fuse and the dynamite offense quickly became a dud as defensive coordinators figured out the smoke and mirrors.  Meanwhile UGA ran off Richt and brought in Kirby, who had learned from the best.  He started relentlessly recruiting.  It took a while but now he has the most talented roster in the country and Auburn has long been left in the dust.  Now what do we do?  Who the hell knows?  Our two biggest rivals play each other for the national championship while we lose the Birmingham bowl and finish with a losing record with another new coach who looks lost as he tries to scramble around fill the holes in the roster with JC players and transfers.  Things ain’t looking good.  

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I’m with you, brother. This has been a rough couple of months to watch us go on a downward spiral while our 2 rivals are flourishing. Add on that the fact that I’m sitting here thinking “ok, Harsin is no nonsense. He’s about to shock the world with some playmakers on offense” and we bring in Calzada. Haha. It’s just looney tunes at this point!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s basketball season. 

And Equestrian season! The team needs to bring home a NC that they let slip through their hands last year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

How sad that neither Harsin or Gus could beat that team in back to back years? Of course we were playing with a back up quarterback this year that Harsin had to recruit because Gus left us nothing. 
…tells you a lot about our program at the moment. 

We need players on offense. A lot of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

Sorry you're in a negative funk. Hope 2022 is a good year for you. 

Thanks. I am good. Just wanted to complain last night. All better now. Haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How sad that neither Harsin or Gus could beat that team in back to back years? Of course we were playing with a back up quarterback this year that Harsin had to recruit because Gus left us nothing. 

USCe had a first year coach too who didn’t have much and they were playing with like a 4th string QB

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

because Gus left us nothing. 

We actually had a very capable roster this year but due to extremely poor coaching/playcalling we squandered opportunity after opportunity.

Just like this

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

Yes, and while everyone else was spending $$$ left and right on facilities, the PTB for the last 10 years, sat on their hands when the prices were a bit more affordable than today. But no. Let's wait and play catch up instead, while our 2 next door neighbors are building dynasties. That's not on Harsin.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

And it turns into a bash Harsin thread.

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

And USCe is doing a much better job in the portal and recruiting than we are.  I thought Beamer would be a pretty bad hire, but he looks to be doing some good things at USCe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Jesus Christ.

Some of y’all need to take a break from college football. 

Yeah, they had to put all the trailer parks in Alabama on suicide watch last night after Bammer lost.

• Haha 1

Just think of how many wives/cousins were beaten last night. 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

We actually had a very capable roster this year but due to extremely poor coaching/playcalling we squandered opportunity after opportunity.

Just like this

Nice deflection. You point out how we lost South Carolina. So I point out that we did the same thing the year before with the same talent.. then you switch gears. 
Harsin has only been here one year and yes it was not that good…

but he did not get us into this mess.

• Like 3

I don't know why some idiots want to blame Harsin for the mess Auburn is in. Yes, there were some bad coaching last year but you see that Harsin is not playing around by getting rid of two coaches. 

This love, for all things Gus, is blinding their view of the horrendous condition he left the Auburn Football Program in. Either get on board and pull in the same direction or leave! You dudes sound like a bunch of feminine women. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

i agree. and nothing wrong with venting. it is the folks that make the same complaints over and over that gets old. its like we heard you the first couple of dozen times.

• Thanks 1