Conservatives and voting/election bills

BizTiger

On 1/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, AU9377 said:

You clearly did not.  Yes, Trump rattled off fantasy rumors that had no basis in reality.  He also told the Sec of State that he could find the votes from any of a number of the problem ballots(that never existed).  Trump then told the Sec of State that the GBI was either incompetent of corrupt.  The sad part is the the Sec of State was doing his job and for that, the Republican legislature wanted him out of office.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/read-transcript-of-trumps-phone-call-to-georgia-secretary-of-state/IRLR3EXOMVFJFJIVYYUQ2C6QTM/

Ah - there it is.  You did hear the transcript but you’re choosing to disregard any data and stick to the “no evidence of widespread fraud” party line.  Got it.  See how that’s holding up for Wisconsin and Arizona (it’s not), that’s why the communists are panicking and tried to push through the mass voting fraud bill.

if everything was on the up and up, and Ga turned blue, no need right?  Psst - Ga isn’t blue

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

Most Dems have cooled on voter ID. 

And I say that as a moderately right of center Black Democrat that has worked to help people of all backgrounds get properly registered and to the polls. 

Why do you think the Dems cooled on voter ID?

10 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Ah - there it is.  You did hear the transcript but you’re choosing to disregard any data and stick to the “no evidence of widespread fraud” party line.  Got it.  See how that’s holding up for Wisconsin and Arizona (it’s not), that’s why the communists are panicking and tried to push through the mass voting fraud bill.

if everything was on the up and up, and Ga turned blue, no need right?  Psst - Ga isn’t blue

Georgia turned blue because Republicans refused to vote for David Perdue & Kelly Loefler.  In even larger numbers, they turned away from Trump.  In the initial general election, David Perdue received more than 12,000 votes more than Donald Trump.  We don't have to guess whether there was fraud or not.  There wasn't.  Judges have made that conclusion and after an audit, a recount and a hand recount, nothing changed.

Many people realize the pathetic desperation that comes with constantly telling people that they have to support a party or a candidate so that they can save America.  The need to always oppose what the other party is doing to the point of being a constant 180 degree position is also pathetic.  Both parties do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The need to always oppose what the other party is doing to the point of being a constant 180 degree position is also pathetic.  Both parties do that.

Let me know when a leader emerges that will do that.  Right now we will have to wait until 2024 before we can possibly see a leader emerge that will think of the American people first.  I don’t hold out much hope for that to happen.

22 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

So, how about debunking that "no evidence of widespread fraud" with some facts?

You can't.  They don't exist.  Because it's true.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:57 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Because since we've had it required in Alabama, it hasn't been a big issue pressed from Dem voting citizens to their Democratic party elected officials (specifically in AL). Hence why you see them pushing other issues.

Also, polling backs this up nationally. 

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_062121/

Edited by BizTiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:57 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Because 8 in 10 Americans believe in it. Not complicated.

An overwhelming majority (81%) of respondents also said they support voters being required to show ID in order to vote, including 62% of Democrats, even as critics contend voter ID laws suppress turnout and unfairly discriminate against groups like low-income, elderly and minority voters.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

So, as a conservative, would you support a nationwide voter ID requirement (operated and managed by the state, not the federal government), in return for a 50 state requirement for any state to get the Department of Justice to sign off on election related statewide legislation (i.e. a reform to the previous pre-clearance section of the 1965 VRA, which previously only required pre-clearance on selected southern states)?  

Edited by BizTiger

9 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

So, as a conservative, would you support a nationwide voter ID requirement (operated and managed by the state, not the federal government), in return for a 50 state requirement for any state to get the Department of Justice to sign off on election related statewide legislation (i.e. a reform to the previous pre-clearance section of the 1965 VRA, which previously only required pre-clearance on selected southern states)?  

No, I wouldn’t because each state gets to decide what ID is required and even though every state would then require an ID, it would not be worth the federal government *pre-clearing* re-forms as that would greatly depend on what party would be in charge of Congress.  It could change ever two years.  Consistency is what is required in voting.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I wouldn’t because each state gets to decide what ID is required and even though every state would then require an ID, it would not be worth the federal government *pre-clearing* re-forms as that would greatly depend on what party would be in charge of Congress.  It could change ever two years.  Consistency is what is required in voting.

What about the federal courts instead of the DOJ? 

(As an aside, I've always wondered whether the DOJ needs to be more independent from the Executive Branch, similar to the Federal Reserve). 

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

What about the federal courts instead of the DOJ? 

(As an aside, I've always wondered whether the DOJ needs to be more independent from the Executive Branch, similar to the Federal Reserve). 

I agree the DOJ and courts should be more independent from the Executive Branch, but these days is appears not to be the case.  I trust the states to know what is right for their particular citizens then a Federal employee.

Similar to the Covid responses from the different states.  What is good for Los Angeles is not good for Bozeman, Montana.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree the DOJ and courts should be more independent from the Executive Branch, but these days is appears not to be the case.  I trust the states to know what is right for their particular citizens then a Federal employee.

Similar to the Covid responses from the different states.  What is good for Los Angeles is not good for Bozeman, Montana.

So you're not willing to compromise to a middle ground?

2 hours ago, BizTiger said:

So you're not willing to compromise to a middle ground?

Not if it allows more federal input to state’s affairs.  No need to compromise if there really isn’t a need to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, homersapien said:

So, how about debunking that "no evidence of widespread fraud" with some facts?

You can't.  They don't exist.  Because it's true.

I hope you’re not serious.  Wisconsin’s state delegation is already voting to withdraw their electoral votes, Pennsylvania has already identified 100k illegal votes, AZ had enough fraudulent votes in one county to overturn the state.  I’d go on, but I’m betting you’re not a data guy.  More of a, cnn told me kind of guy.  Can’t believe there are some people that still believe the “no evidence of widespread fraud”🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I hope you’re not serious.  Wisconsin’s state delegation is already voting to withdraw their electoral votes, Pennsylvania has already identified 100k illegal votes, AZ had enough fraudulent votes in one county to overturn the state.  I’d go on, but I’m betting you’re not a data guy.  More of a, cnn told me kind of guy.  Can’t believe there are some people that still believe the “no evidence of widespread fraud”🤣🤣🤣

Just show the evidence and then this will be settled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-522318527229

possible within the law for Wisconsin to recall its 2020 electors. Though Republican state Rep. Timothy Ramthun last week introduced a resolutionto reclaim the state’s presidential electors, no one voted on it and the Assembly’s rules committee chair has said he will shut the resolution down.

THE FACTS: Articles and social media posts shared across platforms this week are falsely claiming state lawmakers in Wisconsin voted for a resolution to recall the state’s 2020 electoral votes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2022 at 4:03 PM, pensacolatiger said:

That's all false. 

Like literally..I don't know what to say... that is just not true....at all. 

Please "go on" show us where you get your information from .

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1

Donald Trump out here just ignoring the GOP narrative/coverup  and just coming out saying 

He's essentially admitting that ' Yeah..Jan 6 was ALL ABOUT overturning the election. verifying the process...sending the electors back for recounts...all of that was a smokescreen...my administrations entire purpose leading up to the inauguration was to overturn the election by any means necessary and stay in power. '

169c4fb3-d561-4122-88dd-34dd136f7ff4_621

And this guy is still a Kingmaker of the GOP. 

Party of Democracy and law and order my ass. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 5:03 PM, pensacolatiger said:

Pray tell, what was your degree in?

(From the "not a data guy". :rolleyes:)

I don’t mean this in a mean way, but anyone that’s taken a statistics class knows that 3am vote drop election night was mathematically impossible.  

If we take out all of the math, opposing political opinions, there is no way 81M people voted for this senile potato.  More votes than Obama…….come on🤣

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Donald Trump out here just ignoring the GOP narrative/coverup  and just coming out saying 

He's essentially admitting that ' Yeah..Jan 6 was ALL ABOUT overturning the election. verifying the process...sending the electors back for recounts...all of that was a smokescreen...my administrations entire purpose leading up to the inauguration was to overturn the election by any means necessary and stay in power. '

169c4fb3-d561-4122-88dd-34dd136f7ff4_621

And this guy is still a Kingmaker of the GOP. 

Party of Democracy and law and order my ass. 

Trump is a moron. News at 11..

• Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/local/williams-prof-disavows-own-finding-of-mishandled-gop-ballots/article_9cfd4228-2e03-11eb-b2ac-bb9c8b2bfa7f.html

Exactly, So no proof or evidence of anything. Just a self admitted Conservative mathematician who made a 'deduction' based on a small, flawed survey that itself was based on data provided to him by the Trump administration. And even if you accept this guys analysis,  A lot of people along side him have said there "May" have been fraudulent ballots....follow up investigations and recounts have found no evidence that they are correct.

Now how about that Arizona business you claimed? 

31 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I don’t mean this in a mean way, but anyone that’s taken a statistics class knows that 3am vote drop election night was mathematically impossible.  

Because these vote drops didn't happen the way you say or think . You just don't understand how votes are counted, processed, and reported. This is like Facebook meme level stuff. 

31 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

If we take out all of the math, opposing political opinions, there is no way 81M people voted for this senile potato.  More votes than Obama…….come on🤣

But he did...

It was the most participated election in US history. 

Donald Trump 2020 got the 2nd most votes in US history, 11mill more than he got in 2016 and also more than Obama. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger