Pat Nix

NWALA Tiger

Central Phenix City has some big time recruits for 2023. What's everyone's thoughts on if this helps or hurts AU chances . Would he try to steer recruits away from AU, after all that went down with Bo?

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Central Phenix City has some big time recruits for 2023. What's everyone's thoughts on if this helps or hurts AU chances . Would he try to steer recruits away from AU, after all that went down with Bo?

I don’t think so. Bo moving on was honestly the best thing for both sides

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hate to even think about Pat Nix no longer being on good terms with Auburn football. It has always meant a lot to him, and his family.

Yeah, but seems like I remember his family blasting AU after he left.  It may have been directed at fans, I don't remember

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, but seems like I remember his family blasting AU after he left.  It may have been directed at fans, I don't remember

Fans were not really that nice to Bo Nix. Some were downright hateful. It was difficult for his family.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess a picture can say a thousand words

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If he does it would be behind the scenes. 

i am sure Bo and his family still have An burn supporters and connections. It just won’t be w this current coaching staff. 

I think down the road there will be a time for patching things up for the Nix family. 

but if Phoenix City players want to go to Auburn to play they will regardless of Pats comments or views. 

Picture of Harsin and Etheridge with Pat at Central today. Not on twitter so not sure if I could post. Maybe things were overblown, or maybe not but they are putting their feelings aside for the sake of professionalism. We are in on a couple of their guys for '23 I believe.

Edited by au302
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

Picture of Harsin and Etheridge with Pat at Central today. Not on twitter so not sure if I could post. Maybe things were overblown, or maybe not but they are putting their feelings aside for the sake of professionalism. We are in on a couple of their guys for '23 I believe.

That’s the way I was seeing it. 

It's also worth it to point out that pictures with high school coaches are just as important for the high school as it is to the college that is visiting their prospects. It's a mutual marketing thing, so I doubt it would be in Pat's best interest to be salty toward Auburn.

I don't think Nix leaving AU had much to do with Harsin tbh, but just my take. It was the best move for everyone I think. The atmosphere had become too polarizing. It was time.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Pat doesn't "steer" kids to any school, he simply gives his players honest information and points out disinformation from college coaches to let his kids make the best possible choice for themselves.

Unlike MANY present and past HS pro-bammer coaches that 100% guides/forces kids to bammer for self-server reason. Saverese was so bad at guiding kids to bammer and 100% refused to send film to colleges (not named bammer) that college coaches completely stopped recruiting Daphne and it cost many kids scholarships! It is an absolute injustice and shame he became the head of AHSAA.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, keywest said:

Pat doesn't "steer" kids to any school, he simply gives his players honest information and points out disinformation from college coaches to let his kids make the best possible choice for themselves.

Unlike MANY present and past HS pro-bammer coaches that 100% guides/forces kids to bammer for self-server reason. Saverese was so bad at guiding kids to bammer and 100% refused to send film to colleges (not named bammer) that college coaches completely stopped recruiting Daphne and it cost many kids scholarships! It is an absolute injustice and shame he became the head of AHSAA.

Do u know Pat personally?

• Facepalm 1

I have serious doubts about Harsin and this staffs recruiting ability, but Auburn has struggled for years to land top talent feom the Columbus/Phenix City region. I would bet Nix has little affect either way.

• Like 1

First- if a HS HC is steering kids to one school or another, he isn’t coaching because he cares about kids. He’s coaching to boost his own ego. 

Second- Pat Nix does not strike me as that type, and it would not benefit his program to take that approach. Too many Auburn ties in the area would pull support from the program if he became anti-Auburn. Ultimately his HS program’s success is more important than any bitterness the Nix family may have. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

First- if a HS HC is steering kids to one school or another, he isn’t coaching because he cares about kids. He’s coaching to boost his own ego. 

Second- Pat Nix does not strike me as that type, and it would not benefit his program to take that approach. Too many Auburn ties in the area would pull support from the program if he became anti-Auburn. Ultimately his HS program’s success is more important than any bitterness the Nix family may have. 

Pat Nix may not be that type. But I bet my house certain HS coaches in Alabama steer their players to certain schools. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Pat Nix may not be that type. But I bet my house certain HS coaches in Alabama steer their players to certain schools. 

And that is probably true. But coming from someone who is indeed, a HS HC, you probably wouldn’t want your kid to play for those guys if they’ve got that sort of agenda.

Edited by AUinGA44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

And that is probably true. But coming from someone who is indeed, a HS HC, you probably wouldn’t want your kid to play for those guys if they’ve got that sort of agenda.

Do u think the coach at Thompson High in Alabama has an Agenda? They are loaded every year with top notch talent, none of whom give Auburn even a sniff. Well unless u include the walk on QB at Auburn who played at Thompson. Thompson is basically Bamas Jr high. That agenda don't seem to bother those parents at all. Again, I'm not lumping Nix in with the Thompson bunch.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Without question many HS coaches "steer" kids to a favored college. As noted above, Saverese was the worst I've ever witnessed. Ask coach Whitt how he felt about him

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

So in your opinion , there is no animosity toward the Nix family and Auburn ( Harsin)?

None that I witnessed or felt was there. I think Pat and his family are very honest people that still love AU. I have stated many times that I think Bo is a very good kid but isn't very coachable, will never get any better than he is now and will never play a down in the NFL (if he even makes a roster).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2