Jake Tapper reportedly compares Chris Cuomo to a terrorist in protesting Jeff Zucker's ouster

DKW 86

Most think that Zuckers Resignation was pretty much a joke. C Cuomo is unleashing a reign of terror as revenge for being ousted, or so Tapper believes. Apparently, most think that Zucker was in the "helping Andrew Cuomo" gang up to his eyeballs. He had already announced the end of his career with CNN but suddenly resigned after C Cuomo started an all out war over his career damage. BONUS: Couric, ever tone deaf, watched Matt Lauer have inappropriate behaviour with herself and MANY female subordinates FOR DECADES and never said a word about it to anyone. I just lmao reading her comments. 

Jake Tapper reportedly compares Chris Cuomo to a terrorist in protesting Jeff Zucker's ouster

TV TATTLE

POSTED BY NORMAN WEISS
THURSDAY 2/03/22 AT 12:50PM EST
  • jeffzucker400.png

Tapper was among a number of angry CNN staffers who questioned WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar's handling of former CNN president Zucker's exit during a tense staff meeting last night. “An outside observer might say, ‘Well, it looks like Chris Cuomo succeeded,’” Tapper said, according to the Wall Street Journal. “He threatened Jeff. Jeff said we don’t negotiate with terrorists. And Chris blew the place up. How do we get past that perception that this is the bad guy winning?” According to The New York Times' Michael M. Grynbaum, Kilar responded: "When it comes to perception, all I can offer you, Jake, is every minute of every day, we’ve got what’s on the screens behind you. I believe that’s what’s going to define us going forward far more than what’s happened today." According to the CNN's Reliable Sources newsletter, Dana Bash said at the same meeting that “the punishment didn’t fit the crime." Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter added that "internally, there is a lot of confusion about why this happened.” Meanwhile, Katie Couric reacted to her longtime friend and colleague Zucker's exit, saying in her "Wake-Up Call" newsletter that his relationship with Allison Gollust "made me uncomfortable. It seems their colleagues and the media at large turned a blind eye to inappropriate behavior."

TOPICS: JEFF ZUCKER, CNN, JAKE TAPPER, JASON KILAR, KATIE COURIC, CABLE NEWS

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

Things are coming out that shows CNN may not be the *Most Trusted Name in News*

Evidently Zucker and his girl Friday were instrumental in giving Andrew Cuomo talking points during the Covid briefings he had.  They also set up Chris Cuomo’s interviewing his brother on the Cuomo Brothers Comedy Hour during that time.

What a hit the employees of CNN are taking.  It’s going to be tough thinking what you are doing was honest reporting only to find out you have been had by the very person you trusted.

ETA:  your thoughts on Katie are spot on, what a hypocrite.  

Edited by I_M4_AU