Coach Mason

Proud Tiger

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This was just asked and my response is: why would a Mason be scared of being here when Harsin is replaced? He’d likely be retained or become the next HC. 

That’s right, we would surely hire the guy that was fired from Vandy. I have no idea why he left AU but he sure had to go somewhere after Vandy if he hoped to resurrect a HC job.  This would have been a more ridiculous hire than Steel based on his HC resume. At least Steel has had some success as a DC since his last humiliating outcome as a HC.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Is there any chance that Mason knew about the investigation into others' complaints and felt like Harsin would be replaced and wanted to leave before it happened?

Not a bad take

19 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I read on this forum that DM did not call the IB. Our new DC called it. Is it true? Idk. But I did read that here & it would make sense considering how different we looked, scheme wise. Maybe I’m one of the few that’s happy DM is gone. Got tired of seeing that 20 yard cushion. Good riddance. 

If you read it on here it had to be true because there are no rumors on here

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Because people keep trying to act like there must be some other reason besides Mason having serious issues with Harsin.

It's bad. But it's true. There's no need to be in denial about that. 

The real facts are that you don’t know if it’s true. It’s your story, your opinion, and that’s all it is.

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, provibe said:

The real facts are that you don’t know if it’s true. It’s your story, your opinion, and that’s all it is.

Well I don’t know for sure if OJ did it, either. But if you look at the clues you can make a pretty educated guess wouldn’t you say?

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s right, we would surely hire the guy that was fired from Vandy. I have no idea why he left AU but he sure had to go somewhere after Vandy if he hoped to resurrect a HC job.  This would have been a more ridiculous hire than Steel based on his HC resume. At least Steel has had some success as a DC since his last humiliating outcome as a HC.

Again, you are one of the guys who have no idea what they are speaking on. Coach Mason is viewed VERY differently in the coaching world than by the average fan.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I usually credit our fan base with being pretty smart. This is the first time I think I’ve seen our fans truly not have any clue about a coach. The guy is an 8 or 9 out of 10, and everyone acts like he was a fledgling 3 or 4 desperate for a job.

I thought so too as far as the fan base but when everybody believed everything with the coach corn situation I saw how not smart we can be. 

As far as Mason I don't know what's wrong with us. I don't see how you can know anything about football and really not see Mason is a good coach

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Lol you think Steele had more success as a DC than Mason? People really don't remember Steele without muschanp recruits

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought so too as far as the fan base but when everybody believed everything with the coach corn situation I saw how not smart we can be. 

As far as Mason I don't know what's wrong with us. I don't see how you can know anything about football and really not see Mason is a good coach

I’m convinced Corn was some off the field thing.

Just now, AUght2win said:

I’m convinced Corn was some off the field thing.

That's fine when I speak on him I'm not talking about him being fired I'm talking about a random nobody saying something like the wr 's couldn't get lined up 14 times in one game and EVERYBODY going along with that. 

With this latest situation with Harsin some people finally slowed down and finally had a brain cell to ask hey where is this info coming from and shouldn't we wait to see if it's true? But it took a while to get to that point. 

It was like our fan base didn't understand what Twitter was or how it worked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No this fan base ain’t smart, at least not on here imo. It’s weird everyone blamed Mason for the Mississippi state collapse and I get that but he wasn’t getting any credit shutting down Alabama. Matter of fact more people were pushing that conspiracy that Schmeddling was the reason for the Bama game 

Mason has an odd bunch of groupies that consider him an awesome DC and hot candidate for HC. In 8 season's hes never had a winning season as a head coach and as DC he was in charge when the D gave up the biggest lead for a loss in Auburn HISTORY (Miss St). He put together solid plans against Bama (ignore final drive) and a couple others but his better than average talent was utterly unprepared for UGa and most other games. The guy knows how to adjust though and made some good moves at halftime. His recruiting was ok. These fan boys wont hear heresy like Mason moved on because job security was iffy here. Up & comers and hot candidates dont take large pay cuts to leave for...Ok state.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

No this fan base ain’t smart, at least not on here imo. It’s weird everyone blamed Mason for the Mississippi state collapse and I get that but he wasn’t getting any credit shutting down Alabama. Matter of fact more people were pushing that conspiracy that Schmeddling was the reason for the Bama game 

That was like the cherry on top lol. It's like people forgot this defense was in their first year with no experience at all on the D line. Do you know how good this D was going to be when we actually recruited guys with size to play the positions? When we actually had DEPTH so we could play aggressive and blitz a bunch and all of that? 

The defense we was going to have if he had stayed and Hunter and peges, height and those guys.......it was going to be so good

Our fan base though........it's incredible the excuses they come up with for the people that fit in and the reasons they come up with to hate someone that don't. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That was like the cherry on top lol. It's like people forgot this defense was in their first year with no experience at all on the D line. Do you know how good this D was going to be when we actually recruited guys with size to play the positions? When we actually had DEPTH so we could play aggressive and blitz a bunch and all of that? 

The defense we was going to have if he had stayed and Hunter and peges, height and those guys.......it was going to be so good

Our fan base though........it's incredible the excuses they come up with for the people that fit in and the reasons they come up with to hate someone that don't. 

So I guess u have to say the same thing about Harsin and the offense.. Defense had just as much experience as the offense

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Man. See this is exactly what I’m talking about. People trying to rationalize or brush it off. Again, find me a comparable example if this just part of the normal coaching carousel.

And for the record, coaching major college football is not comparable to hardly any career field out there. Honestly. It is so wildly different from pay scale to work-life balance to relocation to job security to coworkers to internal and external pressure.

If you really think “Harsin being a demanding boss” is the reason a man would take a 400 grand paycut, move 500 miles to Stillwater, Oklahoma, for a lateral job at a worse school in a bad conference where he has no connections… 

Then you must be new to football.

Bruh-I am not saying Harsin has done a good job but if we had won the Turd game and signed a top 5 recruiting class nobody would be complaining about Harsin being an A hole or our DC leaving. The only time I can recall anyone raising a question about Saban running off a coordinator was when Lane left and that was only due to timing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Hahahaha, you mean opinion. You write like Don King, but the dead giveaway on your comprehension level…

Literary brilliance. 

I appreciate you being so gracious, and blessing us with your brilliance. You ought to take Dixie out of your name, if you are critical of someone's news source. That's a little hypocritical of you, Einstein. 

I think some things were obvious with both coordinators.  Harsin did not like Bobo’s play calling and he was not a fan of Mason’s bend but don’t break relaxed defense style.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So I guess u have to say the same thing about Harsin and the offense.. Defense had just as much experience as the offense

Harsin is the head coach but yes I would point out to everybody how the wr's didn't have experience. The wr's were the only group that didn't have experience I don't agree the defense had just as much as the offense

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Okay. I’ll bite. Why would Mason flee this? If Harsin gets fired he either gets retained by the next Auburn coach, BECOMES the next Auburn coach, or finds another job instantly. I don’t understand the logic of him “jumping ship”. Why would he need to? His resume speaks for itself and he would be fine if the Auburn football program closed up tomorrow.

It was never meant to be bait. It’s just a thought I had and I had never seen anyone discussing it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yep our fan base plays favorites too much. Same thing happened on the offensive end too. If something good happened offensively it was because of Harsin if something bad happened it was because of Bobo lol

• Haha 1

I have figured out the appropriate answer to 99.9% of all questions that anyone, including myself, has regarding what just happened in Auburn….. I don’t have a f$&@ing clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

I have figured out the appropriate answer to 99.9% of all questions that anyone, including myself, has regarding what just happened in Auburn….. I don’t have a f$&@ing clue.

now this is something we should all be able to agree on!!!

• Like 1

Siap, but y'alll see Etheridge posted a hype video on instagram saying something like "No time for division we're united. 1-0".... not on instagram so can't link, but I'd guess it's a sign that he's staying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, au302 said:

Siap, but y'alll see Etheridge posted a hype video on instagram saying something like "No time for division we're united. 1-0".... not on instagram so can't link, but I'd guess it's a sign that he's staying

Screw him then!! Does he not know we hate Harsin and nobody at Auburn can make an intelligent decision without consulting us? Why would anyone stay with that A hole! Geesh an engineer and a Cole and me and everyone else on here could do better!  Sarcasm off, I was just trying to fit in. Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Harsin is the head coach but yes I would point out to everybody how the wr's didn't have experience. The wr's were the only group that didn't have experience I don't agree the defense had just as much as the offense

Yeah defense had experience at all 3 levels... Hall, Moultrie,  Wooden up front.. McClain, Pappoe, Wooten 2nd Level... Roger, Smoke, Simpson on the backend... Yeah, just as much experience as Offense, if not more

• Like 1