Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

What the hell Wendell Green? Like seriously, what the hell was that? You have 25 seconds to do something and you don't do anything to get the offense going...

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I wonder if we wouldn’t be more affective with jabari defending castleton 

jabaris athleticism 

But.......Castleton has that look in his eye.....🙄

• Haha 3

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

What the hell Wendell Green? Like seriously, what the hell was that? You have 25 seconds to do something and you don't do anything to get the offense going...

This same absent-mindedness is also what cost us the Arkansas game at the end of regulation...stupid low-% halfcourt shot that sent it to OT

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Hard to imagine we don’t have a time running out play

that was aweful 

Nah, we do but Green shouldn't be the one running it. Give it to anyone else at that point.

Pretty good half by Jabari, Walker Kessler recovered after a non-ideal start vs Castleton; thought he finished well. Nothing I can say about the guards on offense that we aren't all saying, but I thought they did really well on defense across the board. Gave up some open threes but that just comes with the team sometimes. 

I don't think the game should get away from us even with the STELLAR offensive production we've had to this point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

This same absent-mindedness is also what cost us the Arkansas game at the end of regulation...stupid low-% halfcourt shot that sent it to OT

They cleared out the lane so he could drive it … and it looked like he thought it was a different play

I know I'll get down votes on this take but KD Johnson is a freaking turnover machine that needs to learn how to stay in control. The gauge is from 0 to 10 and he stays on 11 at all times. He plays out of control and reckless. Collegiate version of Russell Westbrook and that's not a compliment. KD's style will cost us in a big tournament game if Bruce doesn't reel him in. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Tournament revealed the top 16 teams. Purdue and UCLA in our bracket. Not great matchups for us. 

I'm less concerned with UCLA, but, Purdue would present some problems for us. 

• Like 1

What's even worse, the damn turds blew a 13 point lead and are going to lose to KY when they were without 2 of their starting guards. You had ONE job, bama!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I know I'll get down votes on this take but KD Johnson is a freaking turnover machine that needs to learn how to stay in control. The gauge is from 0 to 10 and he stays on 11 at all times. He plays out of control and reckless. Collegiate version of Russell Westbrook and that's not a compliment. KD's style will cost us in a big tournament game if Bruce doesn't reel him in. 

Wish he had it at the  end of the half though. 

Edited by homersapien

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

You're wrong. KD plays out of control but he typically does not turn it over that much. I'm sure you're speaking of Wendell. KD's turnovers have not really cost us. The ones you saw today, he threw the balls out of bounds. Wendell usually makes turnovers that keeps the ball in play with the other team running the other direction on a fast break. 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

I'm less concerned with UCLA, but, Purdue would present some problems for us. 

I watch a lot of UCLA being on the West Coast. Jacquez is really good. A swiss army knife as a guard and forward. And Juzang is so streaky, he could hang with Jabari. Tiger Campbell would give our guards alot of trouble. I don't want to be in their bracket.  

We are losing because we are letting UF control the pace.  They have turned this into a boring half court yawn fest.  We have got to force the pace.  Play warp speed the rest of the game. Force them to play our pace.