Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

The bracket I saw was ugly, but I expect no less.  Why give the overall #2 a decent path to the finals?  
Oh yeah, that was a dang ugly half of basketball.  We just aren’t that good away from the jungle.

• Like 1

Kessler is working really hard and getting great position down low with a smaller man on him and our guards have their heads down and don't pass him the ball. When a big gets open like that it has to be a quick pass before help arrives or big can get on him.  Cole has talked about this a lot in the past.  Our guards are good players but over the years we have never seen them feed the big's well down low.  

I watched Castleton he gets open for a second and the pass is there if they wait defense has time to adjust.

A few years ago Cole mentioned it a few times so I have made an effort to watch it. Cole is 100% correct.

As bad as we have played it is still a 1 point game and nobody is in foul trouble.

• Like 1

Sloppy sloppy.  But florida has been playing very tight defense which is causing the offense problems.  And that is a pattern for the offense. Just most teams can not maintain that level of defense for a full game.  But covered or not. Jabari’s turn around jumper is lethal. 

Edited by tigerrules

Just now, tigerrules said:

Sloppy sloppy.  But florida has been playing very tight defense which is causing the offense problems.  And that is a pattern for the offense. Just most teams can not maintain that level of defense for a full game. 

They can in this game as it has been a slow moving game which helps Florida.

• Like 1

Pearl has preferred Wendell to close halves from the jump, but I'd have to imagine Zep still isn't back to 100%. Don't think he was out there for the whole last 5 minutes. 

I know Pearl is perfectly content to keep allowing the guards the same free reign he's given them for years, but it's seasons like this or the 2019-20 one with similar levels of inconsistent guard play that I just wonder why he doesn't pull the leash in and play through the bigs 

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

What's even worse, the damn turds blew a 13 point lead and are going to lose to KY when they were without 2 of their starting guards. You had ONE job, bama!

Nah, I’d rather see bama lose enough to get them into the NIT again

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Nah, I’d rather see bama lose enough to get them into the NIT again

They're not going to the NIT, stop with that. lol

A win for them paired with a win from Arky game and we could have cut down the nets on Wednesday with 2 wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Such a stupid thing to say the first time. But to keep repeating it.....🤢

Absolutely!!!!   Castleton is a punk.   
Of course, if I’m being honest, it’s funny when they say that about KD.    But when they say it repeatedly about punk12, it’s nauseating!!!

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

They're not going to the NIT, stop with that. lol

A win for them paired with a win from Arky game and we could have cut down the nets on Wednesday with 2 wins.

It would be funny through.  Preseason expectations were very high for them, and to end it as the 1 seed in the NIT would be epic! 😂

8 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Collegiate version of Russell Westbrook and that's not a compliment.

I love that someone else other than me finally said this. I have literally not seen this comparison anywhere else and it feels so appropriate 

However, I do think it can be a positive in bursts, like Russell had it when he was a Robin to better players' Batman. You could also argue that he's a reason some of those Batmen never won anything of note. It's very difficult to control guys like that! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

We just aren’t that good away from the jungle.

Unfortunately it is the truth. Somehow or another we have managed to stay close many times this season despite going on extended scoring droughts. During the tourney if we do that, we will blink and be down by 20 with the entire crowd routing for the underdog. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

You're wrong. KD plays out of control but he typically does not turn it over that much. I'm sure you're speaking of Wendell. KD's turnovers have not really cost us. The ones you saw today, he threw the balls out of bounds. Wendell usually makes turnovers that keeps the ball in play with the other team running the other direction on a fast break. 

Wendell got bailed out by a FL defender that tipped the ball out of bounds earlier. Would have been a highlight fastbreak

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

What's even worse, the damn turds blew a 13 point lead and are going to lose to KY when they were without 2 of their starting guards. You had ONE job, bama!

As much volatility as we have with our guards, they have that with their entire offense lol. Once I saw them miss like 3 straight threes and keep chucking as UK shrunk the lead, I knew what it was gonna be 

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We are losing because we are letting UF control the pace.  They have turned this into a boring half court yawn fest.  We have got to force the pace.  Play warp speed the rest of the game. Force them to play our pace.

Exactly what Virginia did to us in the Final Four. ;(

• Like 1