AU QB Prospect Leaves State

LegalEagle

Steve Ensminger enrolls in LA high school as senior. Rules state that there has to be good reason to allow this including legal separation of parents. His father, tight ends coach at AU is not expected to move to LA with his family.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../507230333/1006

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Didn't read the article, but just because they moved and not his dad doesn't mean they are split up. My best friend's dad is the tennis coach at an out of state college. But his wife and kids still live here, and they are still together.

West Monroe is also one of the top high school programs in America .. they hang with Evangel (Shreveport) every year in Louisiana, and when the two teams met for the state title last year, I believe ~ 75,000 showed up at the Superdome.

He was at a high school where they ran the old Wing-T O.

Steven wanted to be at a scholl where they throw the ball so he would get time as a starter.

I have heard nothing about trouble in the Ensminger household.

West Monroe is a good football factory school......a little shady for me (give me a break, they knocked us out of the playoffs 2 years straight) :angry:

Steve Ensminger enrolls in LA high school as senior.  Rules state that there has to be good reason to allow this including legal separation of parents.  His father, tight ends coach at AU is not expected to move to LA with his family.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../507230333/1006

Does anyone know what is going on here?

170255[/snapback]

This is old news and has been the topic of several threads here already. The kid lived in West Monroe before. According to La. people all they needed was a good QB to virtually assure winning the State Championship. He will have a chance to put up big numbers at West Monroe whereas he would probably have shared time at Opelika with their other talented QB Jonathan Chandler.

And yes, Steve commited to Auburn this morning. :cheer:

That's great news, but I'm confused as to what his "good reason" is that would let him play this year in LA. . .

Sorry about this being old news. . . guess I've been sleepin' a lot lately.

That's great news, but I'm confused as to what his "good reason" is that would let him play this year in LA. . .

170358[/snapback]

The good reason? They needed a good QB to win the state championship this year :big:

Archived