Are these stories progress?

It's not nefarious. It's pointless. The story is about her being the highest winning Canadian. Her being a lesbian could not matter less to the story. I'd even understand if the story was "so and so becomes highest winning homosexual contestant in jeapordy history." I personally think that would still be a stupid headline if the point is to make homosexuality a normalcy, but at least the headline and the story would have the same purpose.

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

It's not nefarious. It's pointless. The story is about her being the highest winning Canadian. Her being a lesbian could not matter less to the story. I'd even understand if the story was "so and so becomes highest winning homosexual contestant in jeapordy history." I personally think that would still be a stupid headline if the point is to make homosexuality a normalcy, but at least the headline and the story would have the same purpose.

Finally, someone gets it.  Pointless pointing to pointlessness.

22 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Thank you.  Still doesn't answer my questions.  I do not see anything nefarious.

Again, no one called it “nefarious” or any synonym thereof. You’re arguing another strawman.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Again, no one called it “nefarious” or any synonym thereof. You’re arguing another strawman.

I am not arguing at all.  Merely attempting to understand the point.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Understand your point. Seeing the headline and tweet leads me to think that Jeopardy has an lgbtq only bracket. Wouldn’t know otherwise. Hate game shows.