Dept of HHS: "Work" from home? Not so much

SLAG-91

At least log on to check your email, people...

"An estimated 25 percent of Department of Health and Human Services employees neglected to log on to the agency's software suite, which includes their email, work files, video conference calls, and other applications needed to perform remote work, according to the internal documents. The report, commissioned by then-HHS chief of staff Brian Harrison, measured employees' inactivity on a day-to-day basis between March 2020 and December 2020. The documents, portions of which were leaked by a whistleblower to the Functional Government Initiative and reviewed by the Free Beacon, state that all HHS employees had secure access to these accounts to work remotely."

Also a little tidbit in the article about the FDA admitting that they lost a report in October which mentioned an imminent baby formula shortage..."technical issue", their head honcho said.

Streamlining some of these government agencies should start with axing those nearly 20,000 workers who basically stole money while others were losing their non-cush non-government jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

then-HHS chief of staff Brian Harrison, measured employees' inactivity on a day-to-day basis between March 2020 and December 2020. The documents, portions of which were leaked by a whistleblower to the Functional Government Initiative and reviewed by the Free Beacon, state that all HHS employees had secure access to these accounts to work remotely."

The WFB and Mr. Harrison,  may wish to consider the dates.

"Harrison, now a Republican state representative in Texas, said he grew concerned in the early months of the pandemic that lenient telework policies led to inefficient output from employees. He said he began to track office attendance and found fewer than 10 percent of employees showed up at certain points in 2020. The discovery led him to conduct a comprehensive review of how much remote work employees were doing. 

"Almost everyone was home at the federal health agency responding to a pandemic—I found that problematic and worked to safely increase those numbers," Harrison told the Free Beacon. "Biden sent everyone back home, and you can't run HHS like that effectively.""

Biden was not president until Jan. 20, 2021.  Partisan nonsense at it's finest.  Utterly stupid.

• Facepalm 1

Jesus Tapdancing Christ...way to hand-wave away the substance and miss the point entirely.

I don't give a s*** who was President. People in our government who were perfectly capable of working were not doing so, and getting paid for their sloth.

Others were just grossly incompetent.

I'll put you down for supporting government waste, though.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ...way to hand-wave away the substance and miss the point entirely.

I don't give a s*** who was President. People in our government who were perfectly capable of working were not doing so, and getting paid for their sloth.

Not only that…he turned it partisan. Dude in the article was just pointing out the lack of structure and accountability during the first part of the pandemic. Said he was trying to implement something to improve things, maybe better systems more in office work and then when Biden came in he sent everyone back home and things probably didn’t improve. 

Partisan nonsense on ICHY’s part….utterly nonsense. lol 

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

I am sorry you took that personally.  My comment had nothing to do with you.

46 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not only that…he turned it partisan. Dude in the article was just pointing out the lack of structure and accountability during the first part of the pandemic. Said he was trying to implement something to improve things, maybe better systems more in office work and then when Biden came in he sent everyone back home and things probably didn’t improve. 

Partisan nonsense on ICHY’s part….utterly nonsense. lol 

You obviously did NOT read the article.

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You obviously did NOT read the article.

I did, and I did not see him as trying to make it a huge deal party wise. It was about the lack of accountability as a whole ….which covers both presidents. And to 91’s point…it shows the ineptitude of our government employees to be able to make it seem like they were trying to work. 

• Haha 1

Completely agree - regardless of who the President is, there is a ridiculous amount  of waste and a lack of accountability in way too many government jobs.  

I think there is a significant amount of abuse in the “work from home phenomenon “ in the private sector as well but think it is a good bit less because of the financial pressures companies have been facing. 

I was a supervisor in US Government offices for 20+ years.  Actually 2 different offices in two different locations 500 miles apart.  I would have trusted about 80% of the people I supervised to work from home.  The other 20% wouldn’t have done a damn thing but sit home and collect their pay if I didn’t have a way of tracking their work.  These were supposedly professional level employees at the GS 12 level.  

• Thanks 1