Quattlebaum, Curtis earn Spring 2022 PNC Achievers Award

aubiefifty

auburntigers.com

Auburn's Quattlebaum, Curtis earn Spring 2022 PNC Achievers Award

Auburn University Athletics
4-5 minutes

AUBURN, Ala. – In conjunction with the PNC Achievers program, Auburn announced Jacob Quattlebaum (Football) and Ashley-Sinclair Curtis (Women's Golf) as the Spring 2022 PNC Achievers Award winners on Thursday. 

The PNC Achievers program celebrates achievement among student-athletes and showcases student success through its honors and recognition program. A male and female student-athlete are recognized each semester for their well-rounded achievement through leadership, academic success, community engagement and in competition.

Quattlebaum is a senior on the football team who recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. He served as president of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) this past year and was vice president the year before. He's a three-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll and has been part of the SEC's Student-Athlete Leadership Council since 2020. 

"I'm really grateful for this award," Quattlebaum said. "Serving as president of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee this past year and really trying to do what I can to give back to not only the Auburn community but Auburn Athletics and Auburn University – it's an awesome thing. It's a thing a lot of people miss out on in their time here.

"I've been able to take advantage of those opportunities and do what I can to leave Auburn in a better place when I leave here."

Curtis is a sophomore on the women's golf team studying business analytics. She is a SAAC representative for women's golf and was named to the SEC Community Service Team in the spring. A member of the Lamda Sigma Honor Society and the Auburn University Dean's List, Curtis was recognized as a finalist for the Philip Lutzenkirchen Excellence in Public Speaking Award in Spring 2021. 

"First of all, to God be the glory," Curtis said. "I can't do anything under my own strength. He is with me every step of the way. I am extremely humbled to have been nominated for this award in the first place and even more humbled and blessed to have won. I hope that I can represent my team to the best of my ability going forward."

There will be an on-field recognition for Quattlebaum and Curtis prior to the Auburn-Penn State football game on Saturday, Sept. 17. It's also the PNC Entitlement game. 

Players Mentioned

Jacob Quattlebaum

#67 Jacob Quattlebaum

LS 6' 0" 219 lbs Sophomore Engineering

Ashley-Sinclair Curtis

Ashley-Sinclair Curtis

Freshman
  • Like 1