Vinyl

AURex

So, are any of you guys spinning LP records? Please don't throw that stupid snap-crackle-pop crap at me. You'll just be demonstrating your ignorance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

I collect vinyl!

I've slowed down buying, and have culled half my collection, but still have almost 2,000 LPs. Most are in pristine condition.

Post a photo of your rig, if you are up for it. I'll try to get my act together. I have 2 turntables (one for stereo, the other for mono).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just sold my 1,800 vinyl record collection two years ago. Sad sad day but had to be done

Would love to have had those.  Let me know when you decide to sell you Perry Como cardigan sweater collection.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Would love to have had those.  Let me know when you decide to sell you Perry Como cardigan sweater collection.

You're on a roll today......but I'll try to remember when I ready

55 minutes ago, AURex said:

I've slowed down buying, and have culled half my collection, but still have almost 2,000 LPs. Most are in pristine condition.

Post a photo of your rig, if you are up for it. I'll try to get my act together. I have 2 turntables (one for stereo, the other for mono).

Wow and I those I had a lot....when we downsized from a 3400 sq ft house to a 1300 sq ft condo just didn't have the room for everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

My record player, some recent additions, my  in wall speaker set up. Just what I have on my phone right now. I’ll have to take other pictures later. I would estimate I have maybe 50 in my crate 

170FC99B-C121-4E35-A188-F242FC6C1277.jpeg

34370478-16FF-48E3-B5AE-0D0264AD6E3D.jpeg

D2A7C33B-143F-47CA-A732-95553DE3EB12.webp

9F3840D6-B699-4176-8580-E67E7B09E730.jpeg

66F7674A-6EAE-4267-B547-33369B9A4DE1.jpeg

AB2125A6-C532-45D5-A45B-E6FA702C4653.jpeg

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

Man, I would love to restart a vinyl collection again. My parents did away with mine without discussion when I moved out to go to medical school. Was in a Guitar Center this past weekend and they had some vinyl there;so tempted to start with Amy Winehouse “Back to Black” that was there-great album. Of course then I’d have to get the turntable, speakers, etc- 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I would love to restart a vinyl collection again. My parents did away with mine without discussion when I moved out to go to medical school. Was in a Guitar Center this past weekend and they had some vinyl there;so tempted to start with Amy Winehouse “Back to Black” that was there-great album. Of course then I’d have to get the turntable, speakers, etc- 

No time like the present

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Didba said:

My record player, some recent additions, my  in wall speaker set up. Just what I have on my phone right now. I’ll have to take other pictures later. I would estimate I have maybe 50 in my crate 

D2A7C33B-143F-47CA-A732-95553DE3EB12.webp

I like your stereo setup-up.  What brand of speakers are those?

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I like your stereo setup-up.  What brand of speakers are those?

I honestly have no idea... the in-wall surround sound system was already installed when we moved in. The sub-woofer is from my wired surround set that is in the closet awaiting further use. That one is an LG.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

No time like the present

My wife is already upset with you. After our discussion earlier this year on another thread about learning guitar I decided I would finally do it myself. I now own 4 guitars😐 If I start collecting vinyl again that might be too much

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

My wife is already upset with you. After our discussion earlier this year on another thread about learning guitar I decided I would finally do it myself. I now own 4 guitars😐 If I start collecting vinyl again that might be too much

Hahah, nice man.  Yeah I feel that. I have been itching to buy another guitar as well.  Wife told me I had to wait till I get salary.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hahah, nice man.  Yeah I feel that. I have been itching to buy another guitar as well.  Wife told me I had to wait till I get salary.

I will never be any good but I am enjoying trying to learn. Wish I would have done it years ago. My most recent addition:

8B47AB82-5CB7-4286-AC7D-461F758FA3BB.jpeg

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

I will never be any good but I am enjoying trying to learn. Wish I would have done it years ago. My most recent addition:

Nice! That's a sweet looking guitar. My next purchase will either be a Gretsch or a Fender 50s Era Stratocaster.

And dude, I have been playing for two years now and I still can't play lead, when I jam with my buddies I am relegated to playing rhythm and singing. Hell, sometimes they take over both guitars if we have a bassist and tell me to just sing.  It comes with time.  I have actually hindered my ability to learn guitar by focusing on singing and playing at the same time.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

My next purchase... 

img-6543-b4a80397-50b3-4162-b557-ff868ba55a4c-1024x1024-2x.webp

1 minute ago, Didba said:

My next purchase... 

img-6543-b4a80397-50b3-4162-b557-ff868ba55a4c-1024x1024-2x.webp

Very nice! Is that Custom Shop? I have a Telecaster that I really like. I love a Gretsch but most (as well as the Gibson 335) just too big for my small frame so this is the semi-hollow I went with:

11F79310-FA31-4BD4-B0C3-181FE81DF33D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Very nice! Is that Custom Shop? I have a Telecaster that I really like. I love a Gretsch but most (as well as the Gibson 335) just too big for my small frame so this is the semi-hollow I went with:

11F79310-FA31-4BD4-B0C3-181FE81DF33D.jpeg

It’s a series Fender made called Vintera that are replicas to the era. That one has 50s pickups, etc. in it.  So it’s supposed to sound like a 50s strat. It comes in normal and roadworn. I like the vintage look.

nice hollow body. Very nice. I’m torn between the two hollow body or strat 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

It’s a series Fender made called Vintera that are replicas to the era. That one has 50s pickups, etc. in it.  So it’s supposed to sound like a 50s strat. It comes in normal and roadworn. I like the vintage look.

nice hollow body. Very nice. I’m torn between the two hollow body or strat 

No need to be torn. You clearly need both😄!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, fredst said:

No need to be torn. You clearly need both😄!

This one is certainly cheaper than the fender!

L51611000001000-02-720x720.jpg

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

This one is certainly cheaper than the fender!

L51611000001000-02-720x720.jpg

Love it! Damn, Gretsch makes a good looking guitar. And….3 humbuckers plus a Bigsby😛. The variations on sound should be incredible. Send me an audio clip! 

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Love it! Damn, Gretsch makes a good looking guitar. And….3 humbuckers plus a Bigsby😛. The variations on sound should be incredible. Send me an audio clip! 

I love it, played it at guitar center couple weeks ago much to my wife's chagrin. It had so much going on I didn't even know where to start.

• Love 1

My Clearaudio turntable with ebony arm and Maestro cartridge for stereo LPs. And my vintage Yamaha PF-800 turntable with forked tonearm and AT mono cartridge for mono records (including 45s). And my music room.

The music room is actually our substitute for a living room, and it is that in reality -- the room for life. The TV and media are in the family room. TV and music equipment don't share space. We do have music videos and a decent audio system connected to the TV setup.

In my first life, I was a music guy and my wife is also really into music. So collecting LPs and CDs was never a problem. However, the furnishings had to meet the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), so no spartan techie stands. Almost all of my LP collection is housed/organized in my "office" which also includes my reading collection, work desk, and computer equipment.

King Ebony Arm 1.JPG

Yamaha5.JPG

RLRR4.JPG

RLRR3.jpg

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2022 at 8:09 PM, AURex said:

So, are any of you guys spinning LP records? Please don't throw that stupid snap-crackle-pop crap at me. You'll just be demonstrating your ignorance.

I do. I just recently bought Blackfoot - Strikes album. ]I still have cassettes. I love analog sound over digital.