Earl Alexander-4 Star Prospect

Scout.com has a story and profile on Earl Alexander of Phenix City today. It discusses some of his positives, among which are a pretty impressive blend of size, strength and speed. He's a 4-star receiver (who played QB in high school and will likely make the switch) who's looking hard at 'Bama, Georgia and us.

Any word on who he might favor? Also, I'm a Virginia native, so Alabama geography isn't my strong suit. How far is Phenix City from Auburn or Tuscaloosa? Would that make a difference?

Phenix City is just down the road from Auburn. Its so far east in Alabama, that it is still Eastern Time Zone. To get to Tuscaloosa, one would have to drive by Auburn on I-85.

That's true but for SOME REASON, Auburn has not done particularly well in recruiting in our own back yard! Maybe these kids just want to get away from home but you would figure that if that was the case, they would want to go to Southern Cal for example......Who knows? :au:

The head coach at Central of Phenix City is an Auburn Grad. Very good friend of mine. In conversations with him, he of course would love for all of his kids to go to AU, but he always puts the kid first, wherever they want to go. If they ask him for advice or opinion he gives it to them, but they always don't. When Ed King was being recruited, I talked to my buddy the day before he committed and asked him if Ed was going to AU. He told me that he didn't know. Here he is the head coach and he didn't know where the kid was going. Phenix City is next door to Columbus GA and UA has a pretty good fan base there. Jeremiah Castille was from there and still carriers a big presence. So if we get a split we do good.

Ron "homer" Ingram is apparently compiling the list of "Super 12" again and he seems to try really hard to pinpoint kids that are going to Bammer and list them high. He has Bart Eddins listed as a five or six on the list and national publications have him listed high. It will be interesting to see where he places Neil Caudle in his list. He also "says" :D that the list is compiled from college recruiters and head coaches in-state...... :big::puke:

My guess would be that ronnie calls flipper to get his "input". :D

Archived