Flying migrants from Texas. DeSantis uses Florida funds to fly migrants as a stunt.

AU9377

21 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Might not be popular for some but I hope it forces Congress and the President to finally address this long overdue issue. 

What are you talking about? 

DeSantis's (cruel) stunt or the Sheriff's lawsuit?

If it's the former, keep in mind it's coming from the same party that keeps blocking immigration legislation.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Do you actually believe that these people are not entitled to a hearing under current immigration laws?

What part of, They have broken State and federal laws don't you understand by invading this country illegally? They are criminals the second they cross into this country illegally, should be sent back to their home country and have ZERO rights to any immigration laws by not following proper and legal channels!

• Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What are you talking about? 

DeSantis's (cruel) stunt or the Sheriff's lawsuit?

If it's the former, keep in mind it's coming from the same party that keeps blocking immigration legislation.

Doesn't the Democrat party control both the House and Senate, how are Republicans "blocking immigration legislation"? We have had LAWS on the books to deal with these issues for many years, Democrats simply don't want to uphold the laws! Biden secretly flying illegals to cities all over the USA in the middle of the night and LYING about it..........GoooooooooD! DeSantis bussing illegals to hypocritical leftist cities that haven't felt the pain.................BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaD!    Got IT!

• Dislike 1

Just now, keywest said:

Doesn't the Democrat party control both the House and Senate, how are Republicans "blocking immigration legislation"? We have had LAWS on the books to deal with these issues for many years, Democrats simply don't want to uphold the laws! Biden secretly flying illegals to cities all over the USA in the middle of the night and LYING about it..........GoooooooooD! DeSantis bussing illegals to hypocritical leftist cities that haven't felt the pain.................BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaD!    Got IT!

Educate yourself.

https://www.thirdway.org/memo/how-republicans-abdicated-on-immigration-reform

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, keywest said:

Educate yourself, who controls both houses?

Unfortunately - as you should surely know by now - the simple math does not necessarily reflect the practical possibility in our system.  Because of total Republican opposition, Democrats need a larger majority in the Senate to "force" action.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/democrats-withstand-anti-immigration-amendments/

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/16/1061030363/senate-parliamentarian-rejects-immigration-reform-in-democrats-spending-bill

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/04/1052485262/democrats-are-making-a-3rd-attempt-at-immigration-reform-using-a-social-spending

https://rollcall.com/2022/08/02/democrats-could-face-tough-immigration-votes-on-reconciliation-bill/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/dems-reconsider-tweaking-filibuster-as-immigration-voting-rights-plans-get-stonewalled

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Not to mention their stated objective which is not to participate in governing but rather, to act as a counter-government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keywest said:

What part of, They have broken State and federal laws don't you understand by invading this country illegally? 

Which law did the folks shuttled up to Martha's Vineyard break. Cite it. Specifically. 

22 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Which law did the folks shuttled up to Martha's Vineyard break. Cite it. Specifically. 

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

Google is your friend but I can provide many more State and Federal laws!

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, keywest said:

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

Google is your friend but I can provide many more State and Federal laws!

If they claim asylum they're legal allowed to be here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keywest said:

What part of, They have broken State and federal laws don't you understand by invading this country illegally? They are criminals the second they cross into this country illegally, should be sent back to their home country and have ZERO rights to any immigration laws by not following proper and legal channels!

The plane full that DeSantis flew from Texas to Martha's V were here seeking asylum.  That is not illegal entry.  They broke no laws by showing up at the border.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The plane full that DeSantis flew from Texas to Martha's V were here seeking asylum.  That is not illegal entry.  They broke no laws by showing up at the border.

WRONG!!!!! The Venezuelan's Walked through MANY "safe" countries they could have claimed asylum but choose to continue because they wanted the USA (not safety), this makes them illegal immigrants that broke both State and Federal law. You don't want to discuss the hypocrite self-proclaimed "tolerant" racist liberals in Martha's Vineyard that didn't want brown people and grossly overreacted by dispatching 3X National Guard to address the illegal immigrants?

• Dislike 1

He's copying arguments from somewhere else. Note the font change. He isn't even thinking for himself. He's parroting others. 

Don't engage this one, 9377.

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He's copying arguments from somewhere else. Note the font change. He isn't even thinking for himself. He's parroting others. 

FACTS don't quite match your incorrect twisted ideology? No, 100% my thoughts unlike the repetitive dishonest leftist copy/paste that litter this thread. After being repeatedly shown how wrong and dishonest you are parroting leftist loon propaganda, I would crawl back under the rock and not engage either

3 minutes ago, keywest said:

FACTS don't quite match your incorrect twisted ideology? No, 100% my thoughts unlike the repetitive dishonest leftist copy/paste that litter this thread. After being repeatedly shown how wrong and dishonest you are parroting leftist loon propaganda, I would crawl back under the rock and not engage either

Liar. I know how copy and paste works on this site. 

You are a fool. Go away. 

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Keywest got caught. He's not going to admit it. Watch.

"Come on Man" Help us understand the hypocrite self-proclaimed "tolerant" racist liberals in Martha's Vineyard that didn't want brown people and grossly overreacted by dispatching 3X National Guard to address the illegal immigrants? (these are your people and who you are)

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Guess I'm failing to see the problem here. People on this forum copy and paste daily. I'd say the majority of the time. And frankly, if you agree with sentiment from a piece you copy that technically could be your thoughts as well. You are in agreement. If you restate, in your own words, it is still the same thought same message. Again, it is done daily on this forum. So what exactly is the problem?

Edited by AUFAN78

13 hours ago, keywest said:

WRONG!!!!! The Venezuelan's Walked through MANY "safe" countries they could have claimed asylum but choose to continue because they wanted the USA (not safety), this makes them illegal immigrants that broke both State and Federal law. You don't want to discuss the hypocrite self-proclaimed "tolerant" racist liberals in Martha's Vineyard that didn't want brown people and grossly overreacted by dispatching 3X National Guard to address the illegal immigrants?

Let me get this straight, you think that how a person gets to the border defines their status?  By your rationale, or whoever you are reading's rationale, millions of Jews are here illegally.  After all, they could have stayed in the U.K. once they got there, or France or North Africa etc. 

The people in question didn't swim across the Rio Grande or dig a tunnel.  They got in line and were processed at the border LEGALLY.  Do you realize that for the vast majority of our past, we have begged people to immigrate to this country?  That is why our laws are what they are.  I am not opposed to making changes to those laws, but until we do, we will process every single person that requests permission to come to this country.

Funny how the same people who criticized DHS for moving migrants (in a coordinated manner) to other parts of the country are now, cheering for Abbott and DeSantis for moving migrants in a totally uncoordinated manner.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Let me get this straight, you think that how a person gets to the border defines their status?  By your rationale, or whoever you are reading's rationale, millions of Jews are here illegally.  After all, they could have stayed in the U.K. once they got there, or France or North Africa etc. 

The people in question didn't swim across the Rio Grande or dig a tunnel.  They got in line and were processed at the border LEGALLY.  Do you realize that for the vast majority of our past, we have begged people to immigrate to this country?  That is why our laws are what they are.  I am not opposed to making changes to those laws, but until we do, we will process every single person that requests permission to come to this country.

Spin, Spin. Spin and deflect

Martha's Vinard.jpg