Flying migrants from Texas. DeSantis uses Florida funds to fly migrants as a stunt.

AU9377

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Guess I'm failing to see the problem here. People on this forum copy and paste daily. I'd say the majority of the time. And frankly, if you agree with sentiment from a piece you copy that technically could be your thoughts as well. You are in agreement. If you restate, in your own words, it is still the same thought same message. Again, it is done daily on this forum. So what exactly is the problem?

Nothing was copy/pasted that I stated, I CHALLENGE these leftist loons to take ALL the time they want to source the mythical copy/paste. The real truth is each verifiable FACT I posted was ignored, spun and deflected because it didn't support their blind twisted ideology they parrot to each other like little sheep. I hope Abbot/Desantis keep dumping illegal immigrants in the leftist hypocrites back yards (amazing watching these hypocritical little pigs squeal now that THEY have to deal with a small fraction of the border states problems) until the border is finally secured. It is mind numbing beyond rational belief these loons are still regurgitating the leftist talking point of the "border is secure" as 2+ million pour across this year alone!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keywest said:

Nothing was copy/pasted that I stated

Wouldn't matter in the least if it was. It is common practice here accepted daily. IMO to object to said practice is foolish. 

On 9/21/2022 at 11:35 PM, keywest said:

WRONG!!!!! The Venezuelan's Walked through MANY "safe" countries they could have claimed asylum but choose to continue because they wanted the USA (not safety), this makes them illegal immigrants that broke both State and Federal law. You don't want to discuss the hypocrite self-proclaimed "tolerant" racist liberals in Martha's Vineyard that didn't want brown people and grossly overreacted by dispatching 3X National Guard to address the illegal immigrants?

When I was in law school, I successfully represented a family from Turkey who was seeking asylum here in the United States. When the Court granted judgment in our favor, it was one of the happiest moments I’ve ever had.

With that said, you do raise an interesting issue, and one I had to maneuver around for my Turkish asylum seekers.

A lot of people don’t realize that asylum seekers who travel to America are not entitled to relief if, in the process, they spend a requisite amount of time in another country that offers safe harbor. While that alone doesn’t make them “law breakers” when they show up at entry, in most cases it does forfeit their right to successfully claim asylum in the US… unless they have a brilliant lawyer. 😎

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, keywest said:

Educate yourself, who controls both houses?

It only works when they are extremely passionate about passing a law they want passed. Everything else is obstruction. lol 

• Like 1

I love coming here to see posters I can add to the ignore list because their football knowledge and opinions are normally just as bad as their opinions on this board.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...

The real irony here, is that our country needs these immigrants.

We need to expedite the legal bottlenecks in the asylum process, not cynically use these people as political pawns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/07/us-needs-more-immigrants-more-babies/

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/04/immigration-system-labor-squeeze-523744

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22411236/immigration-census-population-growth

Etc.........

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:53 PM, homersapien said:

The real irony here, is that our country needs these immigrants.

We need to expedite the legal bottlenecks in the asylum process, not cynically use these people as political pawns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/07/us-needs-more-immigrants-more-babies/

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/04/immigration-system-labor-squeeze-523744

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22411236/immigration-census-population-growth

Etc.........

More irony than that. Your party wants votes and the other wants cheap labor. Neither have the balls or the care to fix anything anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Well, why should select towns and states be responsible for handling ALL the immigrant traffic, whether legal or illegal? It's a national issue, controlled by federal laws and agencies. Why should states like Illinois or NY be exempt from dealing with it? NYC has complained that the people that have been bused to NYC have overrun their shelters and system! What do you think it's done to Harlingen, TX???

Seems to me that if you're going to allow these people in, via federal agencies, then it should be shared by all the states, all the cities, proportional to their population. So maybe this needs to be done in a systemic way, maybe we should systematically transport entrants to all the states and cities so that everyone has to deal with this issue equally. Isn't that what the entire country seems to be all about these days? Equality? The border states and cities are certainly not getting equal treatment when it comes to having to deal with this problem.

On the subject of transporting them, If it's so horrible to bus them some where, isn't it also horrible to leave them in the small towns who have no infrastructure or ability to deal with them? Have you ever been to a border town and viewed the shanty towns and horrid living conditions? If they can travel all the way from Central or South America on foot, can't they take another day in a proper bus to go to a city where they would get better treatment and conditions?

All we get on both sides are partisan talking points. I wish we had a government that looked at these as real issues to solve instead of political talking points. 

We do need immigration, legal immigration, and it needs to be based on rules and not chaos. And it needs to have limits, not "we'll take everyone that claims asylum." It's not practical to take every person from every country in Africa, most countries in Central and South America, most countries in the Middle East, most countries in Asia, and throw in China and Russia too. Every one of those people could make a case for asylum. And people not allowed to come in legally should be turned away. And the border should be as secure from violators as possible.

In spite of the fact that it was done as a political point, the transportation of these people from TX and FL to other places actually seems to be a proper thing to do. It's more fair to spread the burden around and it's more humane to put them in places with additional resources. And haven't the "sanctuary cites" identified themselves as places that have resources and actually want these people?

• Facepalm 1

On 10/11/2022 at 9:32 PM, autigeremt said:

More irony than that. Your party wants votes and the other wants cheap labor. Neither have the balls or the care to fix anything anymore. 

As you should know by now, you must first be a citizen to vote.  And we need new citizens.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/u-s-population-growth-has-nearly-flatlined-new-census-data-shows/

And you'll also be wanting "cheap" labor if you are lucky enough to make it to a nursing home (for example).

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-06-29/staffing-shortages-have-u-s-nursing-homes-in-crisis

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2022/labor-shortage-nursing-homes.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/07/28/elder-care-worker-shortage-immigration-crisis-00047454

Hard working, refugees consider these jobs -  as well as other menial jobs - a blessing compared to what they are fleeing. 

Sounds like a win/win to me.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, gabo4au said:

Well, why should select towns and states be responsible for handling ALL the immigrant traffic, whether legal or illegal? It's a national issue, controlled by federal laws and agencies. Why should states like Illinois or NY be exempt from dealing with it? NYC has complained that the people that have been bused to NYC have overrun their shelters and system! What do you think it's done to Harlingen, TX???

Seems to me that if you're going to allow these people in, via federal agencies, then it should be shared by all the states, all the cities, proportional to their population. So maybe this needs to be done in a systemic way, maybe we should systematically transport entrants to all the states and cities so that everyone has to deal with this issue equally. Isn't that what the entire country seems to be all about these days? Equality? The border states and cities are certainly not getting equal treatment when it comes to having to deal with this problem.

On the subject of transporting them, If it's so horrible to bus them some where, isn't it also horrible to leave them in the small towns who have no infrastructure or ability to deal with them? Have you ever been to a border town and viewed the shanty towns and horrid living conditions? If they can travel all the way from Central or South America on foot, can't they take another day in a proper bus to go to a city where they would get better treatment and conditions?

All we get on both sides are partisan talking points. I wish we had a government that looked at these as real issues to solve instead of political talking points. 

We do need immigration, legal immigration, and it needs to be based on rules and not chaos. And it needs to have limits, not "we'll take everyone that claims asylum." It's not practical to take every person from every country in Africa, most countries in Central and South America, most countries in the Middle East, most countries in Asia, and throw in China and Russia too. Every one of those people could make a case for asylum. And people not allowed to come in legally should be turned away. And the border should be as secure from violators as possible.

In spite of the fact that it was done as a political point, the transportation of these people from TX and FL to other places actually seems to be a proper thing to do. It's more fair to spread the burden around and it's more humane to put them in places with additional resources. And haven't the "sanctuary cites" identified themselves as places that have resources and actually want these people?

Some useful background on the current system:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/how-does-us-refugee-system-work-trump-biden-afghanistan

https://www.state.gov/refugee-admissions/reception-and-placement/

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

You're full of "links," wow, I'm impressed.

You should get some useful background on the current system...  please to go Harligen, go to Del Rio, go McAllen, go to El Paso, and educate yourself as to what the current system is all about. Tell me how horrible it is for NYC, Chicago, Martha's Vineyard and other cites have it to receive a few busloads. The people there in tent camps, living in horrid conditions, aren't filling positions in nursing homes. or doing roofing jobs.

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, gabo4au said:

You're full of "links," wow, I'm impressed.

You should get some useful background on the current system...  please to go Harligen, go to Del Rio, go McAllen, go to El Paso, and educate yourself as to what the current system is all about. Tell me how horrible it is for NYC, Chicago, Martha's Vineyard and other cites have it to receive a few busloads. The people there in tent camps, living in horrid conditions, aren't filling positions in nursing homes. or doing roofing jobs.

First, I didn't post the current policy to imply they are working well or even working at all.

I just thought reviewing it is a good baseline for considering changes or improvements. (I doubt many people have.)

It is our government's responsibility - both legislature and executive to address short comings.

Secondly, the comments I made about our (macro) demographics are true, regardless of anecdotal observations.

Edited by homersapien

On 10/13/2022 at 12:11 PM, homersapien said:

As you should know by now, you must first be a citizen to vote.  And we need new citizens.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/u-s-population-growth-has-nearly-flatlined-new-census-data-shows/

And you'll also be wanting "cheap" labor if you are lucky enough to make it to a nursing home (for example).

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-06-29/staffing-shortages-have-u-s-nursing-homes-in-crisis

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2022/labor-shortage-nursing-homes.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/07/28/elder-care-worker-shortage-immigration-crisis-00047454

Hard working, refugees consider these jobs -  as well as other menial jobs - a blessing compared to what they are fleeing. 

Sounds like a win/win to me.

As you well know, Democrats gave been pushing for mass citizenship for illegals since the 80s as part of electoral strategy. And don’t taint the well with the term “refugee”. It only applies to a % of immigrants. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

As you well know, Democrats gave been pushing for mass citizenship for illegals since the 80s as part of electoral strategy. And don’t taint the well with the term “refugee”. It only applies to a % of immigrants. 

That's just BS.   A lie.  Stop drinking the MAGA kool aid.

And what in hell is "mass citizenship"?

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's just BS.   A lie.  Stop drinking the MAGA kool aid.

And what in hell is "mass citizenship"?

You know exactly what I'm talking about. MAGA....whatever! Democrats have been trying to get citizenship for illegals since I was a kid. I'm glad someone is finally forcing their hands a bit by making them uncomfortable about the issue. Man up! 

• Dislike 1

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

You know exactly what I'm talking about. MAGA....whatever! Democrats have been trying to get citizenship for illegals since I was a kid. I'm glad someone is finally forcing their hands a bit by making them uncomfortable about the issue. Man up! 

Then how about presenting some sort of credible evidence for that claim?

It is an absurd, right wing political meme and you apparently don't possess the intelligence or critical thinking skills to realize it. 

I never expected you to be that gullible.  This is Q-anon level s***.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Then how about presenting some sort of credible evidence for that claim?

It is an absurd, right wing political meme and you apparently don't possess the intelligence or critical thinking skills to realize it. 

I never expected you to be that gullible.  This is Q-anon level s***.

Not @autigeremt, but:

In June, the U.S. Supreme Court deadlocked 4-4 over a Texas case related to President Barack Obama's efforts to help millions of illegal immigrants temporarily avoid deportation. That ruling and other events are stopping Obama from keeping his campaign promise on a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/288/provide-a-path-to-citizenship-for-undocumented-imm/

It really didn’t take that long of a search to find.  The article is from 2016.

• Facepalm 1

On 9/22/2022 at 1:41 PM, keywest said:

Nothing was copy/pasted that I stated, I CHALLENGE these leftist loons to take ALL the time they want to source the mythical copy/paste. The real truth is each verifiable FACT I posted was ignored, spun and deflected because it didn't support their blind twisted ideology they parrot to each other like little sheep. I hope Abbot/Desantis keep dumping illegal immigrants in the leftist hypocrites back yards (amazing watching these hypocritical little pigs squeal now that THEY have to deal with a small fraction of the border states problems) until the border is finally secured. It is mind numbing beyond rational belief these loons are still regurgitating the leftist talking point of the "border is secure" as 2+ million pour across this year alone!

leftist loons? your side is trying to get a mentally handicapped person into office because they want the seat. they could care less how much they embarrass him or he embarrasses himself. you can throw loon out all you want but i got one word for ya.TRUMP. please make note i did not stutter................i bet you are dating mrs greene since her and her hubs split am i right?

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

leftist loons? your side is trying to get a mentally handicapped person into office because they want the seat. they could care less how much they embarrass him or he embarrasses himself. you can throw loon out all you want but i got one word for ya.TRUMP. please make note i did not stutter................i bet you are dating mrs greene since her and her hubs split am i right?

Just another loon that post absolutely nothing of substance or facts. But lets compare since you brought it up:

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Another leftist loons post zero substance or facts! "Mentally handicapped", you do know Biden and Fetterman are Democrats?

1 minute ago, keywest said:

Just another loon that post absolutely nothing of substance or facts. But lets compare since you brought it up:

Another leftist loons post zero substance or facts! "Mentally handicapped", you do know Biden and Fetterman are Democrats?

dude just stop. you guys cornered the market on loons. hillary running a ped outfit in the basement of a pizza parlor? THAT is what loon means. nice try dude i but i see your LOONS in the paper every single day.dozens of them. i bet you want the us to engage in civil war as well. besides you are a trump lover. i can tell by the stench.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not @autigeremt, but:

In June, the U.S. Supreme Court deadlocked 4-4 over a Texas case related to President Barack Obama's efforts to help millions of illegal immigrants temporarily avoid deportation. That ruling and other events are stopping Obama from keeping his campaign promise on a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/288/provide-a-path-to-citizenship-for-undocumented-imm/

It really didn’t take that long of a search to find.  The article is from 2016.

That does not prove what you think it does.  So maybe you need to keep searching. (Better yet, focus more on trying to support your own bogus claims.)

Immigrants should have a "path to citizenship".  Those who don't qualify for citizenship would be deported (thus the words "temporarily avoid deportation")

And please note that a "path" to citizenship is not the same as granting someone instant or expedited citizenship as EMT implied.

It was the humane thing for Obama to do,especially concerning "DACA" immigrants for which the program was meant. From your own link:

"Obama's programs were intended to help certain people who came here as children and their parents. While it would not have provided a permanent lawful status to applicants, it would have made it easier for them to work and study here."

And it had/has popular support.

And mark my words, in a few more years we will regret not accepting more qualified immigrants into this country beyond DACA.  Actually, we are already regretting it.

So, should I assume you would support deporting DACA immigrants?

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And please note that a "path" to citizenship is not the same as granting someone instant or expedited citizenship as EMT implied.

You have a reading comprehension issue.  EMT did not imply instant or expedited citizenship, just citizenship for illegals.

The article I linked did say temporarily avoid deportation, but the part you were supposed to pick up on was stopping Obama from keeping his campaign promise on a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

And don’t assume anything about me, ask.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You have a reading comprehension issue.  EMT did not imply instant or expedited citizenship, just citizenship for illegals.

The article I linked did say temporarily avoid deportation, but the part you were supposed to pick up on was stopping Obama from keeping his campaign promise on a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

And don’t assume anything about me, ask.

Again, this was targeted toward DACA, the children of illegal immigrants who were (naturally) without documents, thus making them "illegal".

He wanted to provide these people - already living, working and studying in the U.S. with a path to citizenship, instead of deporting them.

Again - since you didn't answer my question - which I did ask: do you oppose providing DACAs a path to citizenship, or would you deport them as illegals?

And I'll as EMT the same question, since he was trying to imply the same thing as you are:  "Democrats have been trying to get citizenship for illegals since I was a kid. I'm glad someone is finally forcing their hands a bit by making them uncomfortable about the issue. Man up!"

That clearly suggests Democrats are trying to offer citizenship for every illegal immigrant that crosses the border, which is a lie.  It said nothing about DACAs.

Finally, I don't need to assume anything about you, you are nothing if not transparent.

Edited by homersapien