Quinshon Judkins

AUght2win

0097CAE4-9E89-43F9-94FD-9CA3DF8E2ED1.thumb.jpeg.dea5b6c922aa2d9b125dda0df2b72ffd.jpeg

If Lane comes, does Quinshon come too? Kid could be RB1 with Tank leaving. He’s likely to win SEC Freshman of the Year and be in the Heisman talk for 2023. He, Jarquez, and Alston in a Kiffin offense? Whew.

The Auburn recruiting beat writers, just this week, said Judkins “would have crawled to Auburn” but Harsin had no interest. Lane is the portal king. This one would make sense if Auburn hires him.

Love Judkins. Wanted badly for us to sign him after watching his HS film and seemingly we never gave him the time of day. If he looks at our OL roster and film he won’t come to Auburn though

• Like 4

Ole' Miss had a place for him. Auburn did not. Would he have beaten Tank out? No. Replaced Hunter at #2? Probably not. He'd have shared the RB3 slot with Alston and at this point wouldn't have a total of 100 yards rushing. There's "right place, right time" effect and Auburn wasn't the right time for him last year. Ole' Miss was.

Next year we should have Hunter, Alston the the Cobb kid from Montgomery, a RB that everybody wants. (Thanks, Caddy) for the recruiting effort). Judkins is a good RB but we'll already have good RB's on the team.

If somebody wants to find us some linebackers and O-linemen on the portal...now that would be much appreciated.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ole' Miss had a place for him. Auburn did not. Would he have beaten Tank out? No. Replaced Hunter at #2? Probably not. He'd have shared the RB3 slot with Alston and at this point wouldn't have a total of 100 yards rushing. There's "right place, right time" effect and Auburn wasn't the right time for him last year. Ole' Miss was.

Next year we should have Hunter, Alston the the Cobb kid from Montgomery, a RB that everybody wants. (Thanks, Caddy) for the recruiting effort). Judkins is a good RB but we'll already have good RB's on the team.

If somebody wants to find us some linebackers and O-linemen on the portal...now that would be much appreciated.

This is assuming all our dudes return...

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

This is assuming all our dudes return...

There is no reason to think they won't. Have you heard anything to the contrary?

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

0097CAE4-9E89-43F9-94FD-9CA3DF8E2ED1.thumb.jpeg.dea5b6c922aa2d9b125dda0df2b72ffd.jpeg

If Lane comes, does Quinshon come too? Kid could be RB1 with Tank leaving. He’s likely to win SEC Freshman of the Year and be in the Heisman talk for 2023. He, Jarquez, and Alston in a Kiffin offense? Whew.

The Auburn recruiting beat writers, just this week, said Judkins “would have crawled to Auburn” but Harsin had no interest. Lane is the portal king. This one would make sense if Auburn hires him.

I mean, maybe?  But he'd be coming to a crowded backfield even with Tank leaving.  He might be settled over there and content to be RB1 without question or another year or two.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, maybe?  But he'd be coming to a crowded backfield even with Tank leaving.  He might be settled over there and content to be RB1 without question or another year or two.

I think the same could be said for his coach.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I think the same could be said for his coach.

I don't think those are really analogous.  Auburn has way more resources than Ole Miss and the ceiling for what the football program can accomplish in terms of championships is much higher.  Despite some success in recent years there, Ole Miss is still a football program that hasn't won a championship in football of ANY kind since segregation - not so much as even an SEC West Division title.  Every team in the SEC West that was here when the league originally split into divisions in 1992 has made at least one SEC title game - except Ole Miss.  Plus, OM is constrained by state law in terms of how long of a contract they can offer a coach.

We are not the same.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You’re talking about a kid who will arguably be considered *the* best RB in the country next year. He’d be RB1 here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

He isn’t just a “good RB”. He’s got 1100 total yards and 14 TDs in 9 games. I’m sure he’ll want to continue to play in the system he’s thrived while now at his dream school - and I’m sure Lane would want him to come along.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Love Judkins. Wanted badly for us to sign him after watching his HS film and seemingly we never gave him the time of day. If he looks at our OL roster and film he won’t come to Auburn though

Lane will get portal OL

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Ole' Miss had a place for him. Auburn did not.

Auburn had a place for him, our idiot HC just made the wrong decision and didn't pursue even though this kid would have crawled to Auburn. They were looking at taking two RB's and spent a large amount of time recruiting TreVonte Citizen, who they thought they had locked in until NIL kicked in. This all just shows how out of touch with reality Harsin was, because Citizen was known as a kid who was shopping for NIL - and Harsin was never planning on pitching NIL anyway. So as soon as Miami came in with the NIL bag for Citizen at the last minute, we were no longer a factor.

Would he have beaten Tank out? No. Replaced Hunter at #2? Probably not.

Would he have beaten out Tank? No, but Judkins is CLEARLY superior to Hunter. Now, again, would Harsin be smart enough to see that and play him over him? Probably not since he's a guy who plays favorites and will reward the guys that he likes (Hunter is one of these guys), but on pure ability and performance it's not even a question. This was a huge miss for us as Judkins would have been an easy #1 back for us next season under a competent HC, and a damn good one at that. But alas, if we pull Kiffin, then Judkins is coming with him anyway so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, metafour said:

Auburn had a place for him, our idiot HC just made the wrong decision and didn't pursue even though this kid would have crawled to Auburn. They were looking at taking two RB's and spent a large amount of time recruiting TreVonte Citizen, who they thought they had locked in until NIL kicked in. This all just shows how out of touch with reality Harsin was, because Citizen was known as a kid who was shopping for NIL - and Harsin was never planning on pitching NIL anyway. So as soon as Miami came in with the NIL bag for Citizen at the last minute, we were no longer a factor.

Would he have beaten out Tank? No, but Judkins is CLEARLY superior to Hunter. Now, again, would Harsin be smart enough to see that and play him over him? Probably not since he's a guy who plays favorites and will reward the guys that he likes (Hunter is one of these guys), but on pure ability and performance it's not even a question. This was a huge miss for us as Judkins would have been an easy #1 back for us next season under a competent HC, and a damn good one at that. But alas, if we pull Kiffin, then Judkins is coming with him anyway so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

I love Jarquez but I feel like he’s not a complete runningback. He’s got a great motor and ability to keep his legs churning. But his lateral abilities are limited - doesn’t really have moves. He’s got a Ronnie Brown build with a McCalebb skillset of pure north-south speed. Which is great and can really be a potent weapon! But again, limited.

Edited by AUght2win

59 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I love Jarquez but I feel like he’s not a complete runningback. He’s got a great motor and ability to keep his legs churning. But his lateral abilities are limited - doesn’t really have moves. He’s got a Ronnie Brown build with a McCalebb skillset of pure north-south speed. Which is great and can really be a potent weapon! But again, limited.

Jarquez has been able to get us yards when no one else has.  Kind of like Shivers, he has a low center of gravity.  😁

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Jarquez has been able to get us yards when no one else has.  Kind of like Shivers, he has a low center of gravity.  😁

I’m not sure I know who I want at HC. But Lane will build an offense to utilize him in open space. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

You’re talking about a kid who will arguably be considered *the* best RB in the country next year. He’d be RB1 here.

I agree. He has some speed and goes 215 or so. I would welcome him in a minute and bet he would be the RB1 here also. We don’t know whether or not we will keep Cobb recruited or if Alston and Hunter will even stay. A revamped and competent OL plays into everything obviously. 

• Like 3

@metafour While there's a better than even chance Tank decides to go pro, a Kiffin hire might make him want to go out with a bang and up his draft stock, so he could conceivably come back in that situation.  I don't think Judkins would come to sit behind Tank or share carries with him, do you?

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

@metafour While there's a better than even chance Tank decides to go pro, a Kiffin hire might make him want to go out with a bang and up his draft stock, so he could conceivably come back in that situation.  I don't think Judkins would come to sit behind Tank or share carries with him, do you?

I think there is next to no shot that Tank returns regardless of who is hired.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's a running back.  His draft stock has a ceiling.  There's near 0 chance he'll get into the 1st round.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's a running back.  His draft stock has a ceiling.  There's near 0 chance he'll get into the 1st round.

A ceiling AND a shelf life. Most RBs are shot by 29-30. Going to the league ASAP is Tank’s best option.

• Like 1