I'm all in with Coach Prime, BUT>>>>>>>

tinman1

By then, he will have recruited the best overall talent we've had in a while, so if he did go, at least the cupboard would be straight Cap'n Crunch.

• Like 5

Who cares?!  If Prime leaves Auburn on his own, for another job, then that will have meant that he was doing very well here.  Great!  I would rather have the best coach here and be forced to pay him to stay, than to hire somebody who isn't in demand at other schools.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Should he be offered and take the Auburn job, would he bolt on us for FSU if and when Mike Norvell gets fired?  Is FSU his dream job?

Potentially but people fall in love with auburn.  I think it’s possible. But at least with prime we only have to worry about one school. With Kiffin it’s literally ANY school with a a big check book and a reasonable number of hotties.

• Like 1

Interestingly worded thread title, if you dare offer for conversation any of the many issues a Neon hire brings (albeit with potential large upside too) you BETTER clarify upfront you're not opposing the hire!🤣

29 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

If Deion left Auburn for FSU, the talent he recruited follows him to FSU via the transfer portal.  

I agree. That’s how college ball is set up now. I do think his alma mater is his dream job and that he would bolt. Just an opinion, so as much as i believe he would do good things for AU, he could also build it back and take off. I mean hell, Gus getting fired depleted the roster and Deion with some success at a P5 program, would take plenty with him too. The kids now with NIL and the portal, no longer have loyalty to a school. Is what it is. 

• Like 1

In the meantime, with Pearl and Sanders Auburn would have recruiting locked down. You always run the risk of the good coaches "bolting" like Kelly going to LSU from ND. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. That’s how college ball is set up now. I do think his alma mater is his dream job and that he would bolt. Just an opinion, so as much as i believe he would do good things for AU, he could also build it back and take off. I mean hell, Gus getting fired depleted the roster and Deion with some success at a P5 program, would take plenty with him too. The kids now with NIL and the portal, no longer have loyalty to a school. Is what it is. 

I don't agree or disagree. I was simply making a counterpoint to those blindly saying that if Deion left for FSU, Auburn would be stocked with talent. That is not a given. If Deion is so magnetic of a personality, players will come for him and leave for him. So Deion leaving for the FSU would matter a great deal. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
added context
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I don't agree or disagree. I was simply making a counterpoint to those blindly saying that if Deion left for FSU, Auburn would be stocked with talent. That is not a given. If Deion is so magnetic of a personality, players will come for him and leave for him. So Deion leaving for the FSU would matter a great deal. 

Thank you! Tennessee wasn't exactly stocked with talent after Kiffin bolted.

That being said, you could also make the argument that we really don't want Prime at FSU, so bringing him here would reduce the likelihood of that from if he stayed at JSU.

Edited by AUwent

He’s going to get blasted for leaving JSU. Then I don’t see him being motivated to coach beyond his son’s eligibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He’s going to get blasted for leaving JSU. Then I don’t see him being motivated to coach beyond his son’s eligibility. 

Shhhhh it's going to be entirely Auburn's fault if he doesn't come here!image.jpeg

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I remember that time Pat Dye left Auburn for UGA, it was a bummer.

I remember that Vince Dooley was at Ga & was winning, so Patrick Fain never was invited to come back.  Mike Norvell is not long for this world at FSU is the reason I brought up the subject.

I doubt he goes to FSU from Auburn. They don’t have the resources or advantages that Auburn has right now.   Alumnus or not, I doubt he’d take a downgrade. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

I remember that Vince Dooley was at Ga & was winning, so Patrick Fain never was invited to come back.  Mike Norvell is not long for this world at FSU is the reason I brought up the subject.

Dooley did retire after 1988, to be fair.

48 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I doubt he goes to FSU from Auburn. They don’t have the resources or advantages that Auburn has right now.   Alumnus or not, I doubt he’d take a downgrade. 

He can recruit and win at FSU, just like he can at Auburn. FSU is still a nationally recognized program ala Auburn.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Should he be offered and take the Auburn job, would he bolt on us for FSU if and when Mike Norvell gets fired?  Is FSU his dream job?

It could happen this year or next where you are competing against FSU. 
It’s his alma mater and we would all be understanding 

5 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Everyone could make this same argument with Dabo and Alabama. And there he is, winning Clemson titles and making Clemson a powerhouse. This self-defeatist mentality is the reason Auburn won’t and doesn’t get big-time head coaches. I‘d hope Deion would use us as a stepping stone and win us top-5 classes and a few natties on the way to FSU. The SEC is known as the premiere football conference in the entire country for a reason.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

I think it all depends on how its handled. People won't fault him for taking advantage of new opportunities, in fact they would expect him to, if he does it in a way that gives back to them. For instance, he could set up a feeder program to Auburn for SEC ready talent from JSU/SWAC. He could have Auburn set up a fund to help improve some of their facilities and/or put them on our schedule for a nice money game each year. He is creative so there are a lot of things he can do. That way, he would not only be moving up but also increasing their opportunites at the same time. The publicity alone of Deion/Auburn creating programs like that would be of immeasureable value in recruiting and prestige. 

Edited by IronMan70