Hey Stat!!!

Jenny AU-92

I am getting SO FREAKING TIRED of this national media love affair with Tennessee every freaking year. They are consistently ranked in the top 3-5 and then with rare exception, hit rock bottom fairly quickly. Or is that just my perception??? Could you do us one of your patented "Stat's Stats" and show UThug's pre-season raking and end of season ranking for the past couple of years??? I mean we beat them TWICE last year!! TWICE!!! I just hate having one more team to climb over on our way back up... :big:

Other than that, I don't have a problem with being ranked in the middle. I like being underestimated. My corndog is shaking in his boots right now at being ranked so high - LSU has a history of failing to meet pre-season expectations too!!

I'm sure stat will produce much better stuff, but your question got me thinking and I found a little data for you.

Utee

2002 - 5 - ur

2003 - 12 - 15

2004 - 14 - 13

bammer

2002 - ur - 11

2003 - ur - ur

2004 - ur - ur

lsu

2002 - 14 - ur

2003 - 14 - 2

2004 - 4 - 16

uga

2002 - 8 - 3

2003 - 11 - 7

2004 - 3 - 7

auburn

2002 - ur - 14

2003 - 6 - ur

2004 - 17 - 2

i am fairly certain that UT will not be no. 3 at the end of this year. They play at LSU, Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida then get Georgia at home-not to mention a possible championship game. Their secondary is still suspect to me.

Now that is interesting, Most overated teams...

1. ND

2. USC (yes Southern Cal)

3. UT (Texas, not Tennesee)

4. Nebraska

5. Clemson

6. Michigan

And there's Florida, LSU and Tennessee ranked as "more overrated" than Auburn. I think AU's numbers would have been lower (meaning we are more underrated) if not for 2003. :)

Then if you go to the "Few Select Teams Ranked Every Year"...

Nebraska (Most Overrated)

Michigan

Miami

FSU

Tennessee (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I knew it... they get the love whether they deserve it or NOT. Especially NOT!!! :angry:

Archived