How about a contract that pays for wins ?

norfolk

What if you offered $1 million for conference wins and $500,000 for non conference wins with bonuses for SEC championship and playoff appearances ?

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

That could potentially be a very high salary. 

NO way.  I want the guaranteed deal.  I want to have a gun to your head.  I want you to have to pay me to go away.  I want you to keep paying me after I do go away.

I'm not some unimportant person like an engineer, programmer, electrician, social worker, farmer, accountant.  I'm a football coach.  Without me,,, your whole society crumbles.  PAY me.

Don't like it?  Talk to my agent.  Still don't like it?  Go look in the mirror and ask yourself how important winning championships really is.

The monetization of college football has only just begun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You would have to do a base salary guarantee that is heavy with incentives... 

Say 3 mil per year for 5 years fully guaranteed

500k per win

250k for a bowl game

300k for NY6 bowl

250k for Conf Champ appearance 

250k for winning Conf

350k for making CFP

500k for winning Nat'l champ

This would raise your potential earnings around 10 million a year or as low as 3 million a year if you don't produce. 

Now this wouldn't work for hiring a seasoned/proven HC for Auburn, but this model could be deployed at a mid-tier SEC school or for a coach that isn't proven but has flashed ability... 

Or someone like Carnell

Edited by Taker
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Taker said:

You would have to do a base salary guarantee that is heavy with incentives... 

Say 3 mil per year for 5 years fully guaranteed

500k per win

250k for a bowl game

300k for NY6 bowl

250k for Conf Champ appearance 

250k for winning Conf

350k for making CFP

500k for winning Nat'l champ

This would raise your potential earnings around 10 million a year or as low as 3 million a year if you don't produce. 

Now this wouldn't work for hiring a seasoned/proven HC for Auburn, but this model could be deployed at a mid-tier SEC school or for a coach that isn't proven but has flashed ability... 

Or someone like Carnell

I'll take it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CentralFLtiger said:

It’s a candidate driven market. What top name would you expect to take a deal like that?

Sorry didn’t read the last part of the post re: Carnell. If you are going Carnell the market will already dictate a lower salary due to lack of experience. What about a buy out?

Some of y'all need to learn how the world works, and I ain't talking about plate tectonics. 

• Haha 1