What if it's Cadillac

TeamZero77

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Yup! Auburn is teetering on becoming a SEC bottom feeder if we don’t get a solid staff on board in the next week. Not to be dramatic but things could go from really bad to horrible if we don’t get a quality coaching staff hired soon. Caddy is clearly not ready to compete with our current rivals and oh and btw the addition of Texas and Oklahoma will be here to compete with as well 

Agreed!!! We can go from a barrel 🔥 to a dumpster 🔥 quick if we botch this.

Guest MustardSeed

Tomorrow is likely the day most Auburn fans realize Caddy isn’t ready for the full time HC job but admit they still love him anyways. Tomorrow probably gets ugly early… but it’s also the gateway to a new beginning and a punctuation to a bad year….so it’s a potential good day either way

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

I think Dabo had 12 years coaching experience as an asst. Caddy has 3 yrs at the college level. 

Nope, not quite 12, and not really quality experience. Dabo had 5 years at uat mostly under Dubose, was OUT of coaching for two years (real estate), then was hired by the other CTB at Clemson, where he put in five years before being promoted to interim. So, 10 years total under two pretty bad HC's, two years out of FB altogether. Furthermore, Swinney had no NFL experience at all in contrast to Carnell's seven years of firsthand experience with receiving NFL coaching. 

I don't think Caddy's ready either, but people with talent and drive can surprise you. I could list a number of people who have surprised as the young leaders of far larger enterprises than AU football. He's down my list quite a ways, but I could live with it if AU did pick him. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

It's a message board. I don't think Cohen will hire based on this thread. I've said all along Caddy isn't ready. A ton of our fanbase wants him as HC permanently and I've said all along those fans are simply going off emotions. Harsin beat us down for so long that a close loss at Starkville and a 3 point win against the worst team in the SEC has blinded the fans into thinking Caddy is the answer. 

Yes it’s a message board.

Clearly.

The facts are, we will never get to the point of hiring Caddy based on the scenario you presented. It’s just not gonna happen.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yes it’s a message board.

Clearly.

The facts are, we will never get to the point of hiring Caddy based on the scenario you presented. It’s just not gonna happen.

I desperately hope you're right.

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm just throwing this out there to see how fans would feel about this scenario. 

Let's say that Auburn loses the Iron Bowl 42-14 or 35-14 and then on sunday or monday, Auburn breaks the news that they are making Cadillac the permanent HC. 

How would y'all view this? Would it be viewed as Auburn struck out on our main targets? If they were going to name Cadillac permanent HC, why wait until after the Iron Bowl? 

I've said all along that I don't think Auburn will give him the permanent position due to inexperience but if it happened, especially after a loss to Alabama, I think it would be because we struck out on our main targets. 

If it's caddy my hope would be because they don't want another 5th option type guy (harsin), and just want a band aid for the moment after striking out on all good targets.

Basically if it's caddy cause they chose caddy, then frowny face.

If it's caddy cause they missed on everyone great and would rather have caddy than throwing a ton of cash at a sub-standard guy. Then OK.

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm just throwing this out there to see how fans would feel about this scenario. 

Let's say that Auburn loses the Iron Bowl 42-14 or 35-14 and then on sunday or monday, Auburn breaks the news that they are making Cadillac the permanent HC. 

How would y'all view this? Would it be viewed as Auburn struck out on our main targets? If they were going to name Cadillac permanent HC, why wait until after the Iron Bowl? 

I've said all along that I don't think Auburn will give him the permanent position due to inexperience but if it happened, especially after a loss to Alabama, I think it would be because we struck out on our main targets. 

DisAUster. 

If it is Caddy,  our fan base will have to understand he will be learning on the job.  We may have some good years,   but it will be 6-7 years before we are consistent.    He does not have the experience of making successful and failed decisions as a head coach to learn from.  Being a head coach is a lot more than just coaching the kids.   Auburn fans would likely turn on him before we would get consistent.    It would not be fair to Caddy.  Let him grow into a HC  and come back when he is really ready.   He will be  bad ass when he is ready. 

Do you want the brain surgeon  working on your kid with lots of potential  but no experience,  or do you want a surgeon  that has seen it all,  learn from his mistakes,  and dealt with lots of high pressure situations when random surprise events happen?

5 hours ago, AUINSY said:

That would be a complete and total failure. Nothing against Cadillac. He’s just not ready for that at this time. 

A good coach is born, not made. If he's good he is ready. Going to a smaller job won't make him ready. It will only reveal if he was ready to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Any idea?

No inside information on this but either Kiffin or Freeze is my best guess. Again, no inside information.

Folks that work in the AD do not know. On the good news side, we will all know 24 to 72 hours from now.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

It's just the sort of thing we would do.   

Whiff on the main target, step on our sausage courting the Plan B candidate (more likely, have no Plan B), and then throw a true Auburn Man into the Tigers Den.

It's so JABA we must do it.    

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It's just the sort of thing we would do.   

Whiff on the main target, step on our sausage courting the Plan B candidate (more likely, have no Plan B), and then throw a true Auburn Man into the Tigers Den.

It's so JABA we must do it.    

*bandname

• Like 1
  • Haha 3