The future is bright

Swamp Eagle

I'm sick and tired of the hires and fires. We need someone who loves Auburn, more than they love money. I'm not sure who that would be, but none of the names I'm hearing are acceptable to me. We keep hurting these kids with a revolving door policy and multiple coaches. It's like marriage, abandonment, and a nasty divorce. It's not fair to the kids, fans, or the coaches. Furthermore, it's criminal IMHO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I'm sick and tired of the hires and fires. We need someone who loves Auburn, more than they love money. I'm not sure who that would be, but none of the names I'm hearing are acceptable to me. We keep hurting these kids with a revolving door policy and multiple coaches. It's like marriage, abandonment, and a nasty divorce. It's not fair to the kids, fans, or the coaches. Furthermore, it's criminal IMHO.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) coaches not loving AU haven’t been our issue - except possibly Harsin, but it’s hard to tell.  Both Gus and Chiz loved AU, were  very respectable toward the university, and operated with class - but that’s not what got them fired.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) coaches not loving AU haven’t been our issue - except possibly Harsin, but it’s hard to tell.  Both Gus and Chiz loved AU, were  very respectable toward the university, and operated with class - but that’s not what got them fired.  

I agree. I'm just a little touchy about it right now. "Unhappy" is putting it mildly, while miffed doesn't touch it.

As previous posters have mentioned both here and elsewhere, it really would be nice to get a coach that puts a competitive and very disciplined team out on the field each game and who stays at Auburn for at least 4 or 5 years minimum.  Watching this last Iron Bowl there is still hope in the Auburn program.  We are a few good lineman on both sides of the ball and a few DBs away from having a team that is capable of beating anyone.  Honestly, if not for the 1 unforced turnover by our rb and the one gifted to Alabama on the punt by the refs, Auburn would have been within a TD or two all game long.  One cannot overstate how important those two plays were as they changed the game entirely.  Both ended up as TDs for Alabama, and both prevented the offense from potentially having a long drive that could have resulted in points and at a minimum eaten up a chunk of time giving the defense a rest.  Even with those 2 really bad turnovers, the numerous penalties on offense, and the numerous 3rd and longs that the defense failed to stop, Auburn was still very much in the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Whoever they hire as head coach should be able to have a winning record year 1, and be in the top 1/3 of the conference by year 2 if they finish up strong in recruiting this year and next.

Edited by BHDAU1

18 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Maybe the future will bright again in 3-4 years. As of right now, it sure reeks of JABA

tumblr_lu5msbZlt51qd6k8fo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Well, you're in for a letdown.

• Like 1