2024 4* S Jayden Lewis decommits from AU

Sizzle

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Mutual parting of ways. Staff feels good about KJ flipping

the more accurate response might be we are going to get better db's than Lewis..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

the more accurate response might be we are going to get better db's than Lewis..

Who are the better DB’s Auburn’s projected to get?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? 

You alluded to some decommits coming yet still expected 8-13 finish, are you still feeling that? We can't start sinking in recruiting when we have a rough game that was inevitable given our rebuilding state.

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You alluded to some decommits coming yet still expected 8-13 finish, are you still feeling that? 

Yep,  nothing has happened that hasn't been expected-- except our performance in Baton Rouge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yep,  nothing has happened that hasn't been expected-- except our performance in Baton Rouge. 

Good to hear. What happened sucked bad, but no team would ever get better if a rough first year were enough to torpedo recruiting, which is why JHead's sentiments got under my skin so badly.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Good to hear. What happened sucked bad, but no team would ever get better if a rough first year were enough to torpedo recruiting, which is why JHead's sentiments got under my skin so badly.

What'd he say? 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What'd he say? 

He was the one who really first brought up the whole "proof of concept" thing.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He was the one who really first brought up the whole "proof of concept" thing.

Proof of concept is good, it really helps when selling recruits. That said, not being able to show "proof of concept" lends itself to the narrative of, "see, this is exactly why we need you and why you'll be a day 1 starter". 

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

Proof of concept is good, it really helps when selling recruits. That said, not being able to show "proof of concept" lends itself to the narrative of, "see, this is exactly why we need you and why you'll be a day 1 starter". 

Oh I concur, it's just that the latter is going to be the case 80% (and that's lowballing it!) of the time.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I should have said it this way. " The staff feels good about KJ flipping ". I need to give credit where it's due.

Interesting, is that new info? 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You thing Freeze or any position coach would tell a high school recruit that they would be  a day 1 starter? Not sure that would be real smart. Dye didn't even tell Bo that

Edited by NWALA Tiger

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Mutual parting of ways. Staff feels good about KJ flipping

Not shooting the messenger but I’ll believe that when I see it. 

Walker White and Perry Thompson are about the only ones I feel confident about at this point lol

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, tbone4jc said:

So, is it true? Loosing them fast

@tbone4jc Not a loss, not to the staff at least. We sipposedly told him early last week to start looking elsewhere.

@Paladin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Not shooting the messenger but I’ll believe that when I see it. 

Walker White and Perry Thompson are about the only ones I feel confident about at this point lol

Probably smart to look at it that way. Avoid disappointment 😞 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You thing Freeze or any position coach would tell a high school recruit that they would be  a day 1 starter? Not sure that would be real smart. Dye didn't even tell Bo that

100% they would.

We have a wonderful opportunity for you here at Auburn.  We don't have anyone on our roster that is comparable to you or your incredible skill set. If you come to Auburn I guarantee, with hard work and the right preparation, you will easily be a day 1 starter. The only one that could hold you back from greatness is yourself. Let us clear the way for you to reach your potential.  Let us begin the Auburn comeback together!

Something like that. 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

every highly rated recruit we lose we claim it’s no big deal, it was mutual thing. 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

@Gowebb11 So far only 1 former commit qualifies for this sentence. 2 if you count Posse from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

100% they would.

We have a wonderful opportunity for you here at Auburn.  We don't have anyone on our roster that is comparable to you or your incredible skill set. If you come to Auburn I guarantee, with hard work and the right preparation, you will easily be a day 1 starter. The only one that could hold you back from greatness is yourself. Let us clear the way for you to reach your potential.  Let us begin the Auburn comeback together!

Something like that. 

You need to be on the recruiting staff!

6 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

having a guy committed and "staff feeling good about a flip" are not one and the same.  none of this is concrete til something is signed in December.  i understand being cordial to a player, but unless you KNOW you have another pig in the pig pen, i wouldn't let one loose.  any maybe the staff does KNOW 

@TigerPAC would if the commit fell a good ways down your board? Which Lewis has for the staff.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

You need to be on the recruiting staff!

I've sat in on a few pitches over the years. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It's usually never mutual, more times than not a recruit just left us and people just start to cope and say he was "processed"

Not even remotely true.

• Like 2