2024 4* S Jayden Lewis decommits from AU

Sizzle

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

On3 staffer. Was told not post stuff on pay sites on here

@NWALA Tiger JLee or Cole. Overall JLee is much more reliable with recruiting info than Cole. Much more than Hoke too for that matter.

23 minutes ago, woodford said:

Not shooting the messenger but I’ll believe that when I see it. 

Walker White and Perry Thompson are about the only ones I feel confident about at this point lol

Seems like Riddick and Phillips are solid as well. So, our top four rated commits, yay?

Just now, AUwent said:

Seems like Riddick and Phillips are solid as well. So, our top four rated commits, yay?

They are

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Mutual parting of ways. Staff feels good about KJ flipping

While we want & would love to flip KJ, I think it's much more likely there are other CBs we like better than Lewis now we feel we are attainable.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Gowebb11 So far only 1 former commit qualifies for this sentence. 2 if you count Posse from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away.

Solomon and now Lewis are highly rated and we've lost both this year.

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You thing Freeze or any position coach would tell a high school recruit that they would be  a day 1 starter? Not sure that would be real smart. Dye didn't even tell Bo that

Could also say it this way... "We believe you could be a day one starter".

Or "We need guys like you. We are going to give you every opportunity to be a starter. From day one "

No promises made. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not even remotely true.

Some guys get processed but it don’t happen as much as fans claim it does. We’re probably going to fill that position with a random 3 star DB commit and then claim it was “all apart of the plan” (and yes I know stars don’t mean everything)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Some guys get processed but it don’t happen as much as fans claim it does. We’re probably going to fill that position with a random 3 star DB commit and then claim it was “all apart of the plan” (and yes I know stars don’t mean everything)

PTGRD? 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Solomon and now Lewis are highly rated and we've lost both this year.

@Mikey Solomon wasn't mutual. We wanted to keep him. That was the talking point of this discussion.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Regardless of what fans say or think it happens some for nearly every team in every class. As of last Monday the plan has changed. Whoever we land may be random to us fans but it won't be random to the staff.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* S Jayden Lewis decommits from AU
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey Solomon wasn't mutual. We wanted to keep him. That was the talking point of this discussion.

I the point I was responding to was people claiming "we didn't want him anyway" or "the parting was mutual" when in fact what happened was we simply lost him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Traumatic

Gus 

Recruiting

Disorder 

It ain’t just a Gus thing, Auburn fans aren’t the only ones that do that. Most CFB fan bases do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

It ain’t just a Gus thing, Auburn fans aren’t the only ones that do that. Most CFB fan bases do it

True but we're pretty damn skittish about recruiting after the last decade

22 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It's usually never mutual, more times than not a recruit just left us and people just start to cope and say he was "processed"

Exactly and I've said this forever about Auburn paysites and media that make their living off of fans paying for inside information and media getting clicks. It seems with Auburn that anytime we don't land a coach or recruit, it's always that we told them to look elsewhere. It's never Auburn getting turned down. 

The Mario Cristobal saga is an example. According to AU insiders and paysites, we could've had him when Gus was fired. He supposedly told Auburn he wanted 2 days to think it over and Auburn said they needed an answer immediately and couldn't wait. So we told him no thanks but then we waited and waited to hire Harsin instead. 

WTF would you not wait on Mario for 2 days but wait alot longer just to hire Harsin? Makes absolutely ZERO sense. I guarantee you Mario turned us down, PERIOD!!! Ain't no way in hell we were processing coaches out just to hire Harsin on Christmas Eve 2020. We got turned down by coaches and had to settle for Harsin is the truth.

The same goes for players. When we get a commit, they act like he is all-world and gonna be a star here. Then months later when he decommits, it's because we told him to because we've always got that big dog 5 star lined up instead that's gonna commit and take his place. 90% of the time we don't get that better player and we ended up losing a 4 star and sign a 3 star. 

If we told this 4 star kid to walk because we THINK we have KJ Bolden locked up, then we deserve everything that comes to us. Hell, Bolden already turned us down once and committed to FSU. If we for sure were getting KJ, then why the hell has he not decommited from FSU and committed to us since Lewis decommited?? Bottomline is we lost Lewis.

It goes back to our media, paysites, etc. spinning things to pump sunshine just so us AU fans don't get pissed at what's happening and move on. They're spinning this to keep us fans engaged and hopeful because if we get tired and move on, then they're out of a job because we aren't paying for info anymore and not giving them clicks. They HAVE to keep us hopeful so panic doesn't set in. Look no further than when we got smoked by LSU and then soon after, it was PR spinning everywhere to calm the panic and be hopeful for the future.

That's what's going on and has always gone on here.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting, is that new info? 

I have to clarify something here. It was KJ Lacy, not Bolden who the staff supposedly feels good about Flipping. That's my bad for that error. I assumed something and well u know what happens when do that......

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I the point I was responding to was people claiming "we didn't want him anyway" or "the parting was mutual" when in fact what happened was we simply lost him.

Ok but the discussion was on Lewis not Solomon. Your post is good in a vacuum but didn't make sense to quote my post since we are talking about 2 seperate players.

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Exactly and I've said this forever about Auburn paysites and media that make their living off of fans paying for inside information and media getting clicks. It seems with Auburn that anytime we don't land a coach or recruit, it's always that we told them to look elsewhere. It's never Auburn getting turned down. 

@TeamZero77 Not sure where you are getting this impression but that's not true with AU reporters & real insiders in most cases.

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The Mario Cristobal saga is an example. According to AU insiders and paysites, we could've had him when Gus was fired. He supposedly told Auburn he wanted 2 days to think it over and Auburn said they needed an answer immediately and couldn't wait. So we told him no thanks but then we waited and waited to hire Harsin instead. 

Bad example. Coaching search info is a total crap shoot & very unreliable for nearly every team with nearly every HC opening. Real recruiting info, while it can change on an NIL dime, is much more realiable than coaching search info.

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The same goes for players. When we get a commit, they act like he is all-world and gonna be a star here. Then months later when he decommits, it's because we told him to because we've always got that big dog 5 star lined up instead that's gonna commit and take his place. 90% of the time we don't get that better player and we ended up losing a 4 star and sign a 3 star. 

Again not sure where you are getting this vibe but it's not reality in most cases.

If we told this 4 star kid to walk because we THINK we have KJ Bolden locked up, then we deserve everything that comes to us. Hell, Bolden already turned us down once and committed to FSU. If we for sure were getting KJ, then why the hell has he not decommited from FSU and committed to us since Lewis decommited?? Bottomline is we lost Lewis.

We did not loose Lewis & it has nothing to do with KJ. Lewis has fallen down our Safety board as a prospect. Period!

We like a number of others better now, including Kaleb Harris, who is visiting this weekend & could commit soon after.

It goes back to our media, paysites, etc. spinning things to pump sunshine just so us AU fans don't get pissed at what's happening and move on. They're spinning this to keep us fans engaged and hopeful because if we get tired and move on, then they're out of a job because we aren't paying for info anymore and not giving them clicks. They HAVE to keep us hopeful so panic doesn't set in.

Again this is not reality for most legit AU sources.

That's what's going on and has always gone on here.

Nope!