Auburn, A Sleeping Giant

AU-24

A distraction, rat poison, getting ahead of ourselves. I mean we haven't even put a product on the field. Let's circle back around in 3 to 4 years and see how this ages. I hope it's real because I like to wear my orange and blue glasses.

Edited by creed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

i think we have the potential. people have been calling auburn  a sleeping giant for years. this program has under performed for so long since gus kinda lost his mojo and harsin tried to bury us but here we are. and it seems like everyone is behind the team now and pulling in the same direction. Freeze to me became kind of a giant killer beating teams at liberty he was not favored to win. that is dedication and great coaching. and coach is out to redeem himself which is one thing i think a lot of folks are over looking. i do not think we will just kill it the first year but i bet we see huge progress and we probably beat at least one team we will not be picked to win. it has been a tough few years so i say let us all enjoy what we are watching unfold before our eyes. folks want to enjoy auburn football again after so many years of mediocrity and the last season where harsin tried to kill and bury auburn football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

I really feel like there will be a noticeable improvement this fall.  I’m looking for the team to be competitive and in every game they play.  They get the two big rivalry games at home.  They need to be ultra-competitive in both those games.  It would be great for recruiting purposes if they could win one of those games.  I really believe Bama will be a very winnable game.  Not sure what to expect from UGA yet, but surely there will be some drop off.  Also, they need to beat both of the Mississippi schools.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, creed said:

A distraction, rat poison, getting ahead of ourselves. I mean we haven't even put a product on the field. Let's circle back around in 3 to 4 years and see how this ages. I hope it's real because I like to wear my orange and blue glasses.

Good gracious, way to be a Debbie downer. Go kick the dog and yell at the wife, then post something a little more positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That giant is about to wake up!!!!

If you’re tired of hearing about CHF’s past mistakes, just wait til we start beating bama on the regular!   Those inbred gumps are going to be throwing bud light cans across their trailers and spewing nonsense about CHF’s past through both of their teeth like it’s Harvey Updyke’s birthday party!!!!    That’s going to be so much fun!!!!!   I can’t wait!!!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Good gracious, way to be a Debbie downer. Go kick the dog and yell at the wife, then post something a little more positive.

No downer here, I'm CAUTIOUSLY excited. Still need to see the product on the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, creed said:

No downer here, I'm CAUTIOUSLY excited. Still need to see the product on the field.

I can live with that. Please keep in mind, I was just posting an article that quoted a current AU Coach.

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That giant is about to wake up!!!!

If you’re tired of hearing about CHF’s past mistakes, just wait til we start beating bama on the regular!   Those inbred gumps are going to be throwing bud light cans across their trailers and spewing nonsense about CHF’s past through both of their teeth like it’s Harvey Updyke’s birthday party!!!!    That’s going to be so much fun!!!!!   I can’t wait!!!😁

Great post except when it comes to the Updykes, I think it’s more of old Milwaukee’s best or Keystone, instead of Bud Light. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

Is there a difference?

I’m not a complete expert, but I think Bud Light has a little more class. 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:21 AM, aubiefifty said:

i think we have the potential. people have been calling auburn  a sleeping giant for years. this program has under performed for so long since gus kinda lost his mojo and harsin tried to bury us but here we are. and it seems like everyone is behind the team now and pulling in the same direction. Freeze to me became kind of a giant killer beating teams at liberty he was not favored to win. that is dedication and great coaching. and coach is out to redeem himself which is one thing i think a lot of folks are over looking. i do not think we will just kill it the first year but i bet we see huge progress and we probably beat at least one team we will not be picked to win. it has been a tough few years so i say let us all enjoy what we are watching unfold before our eyes. folks want to enjoy auburn football again after so many years of mediocrity and the last season where harsin tried to kill and bury auburn football.

Great post Fitty!

On 2/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, AU-24 said:

Great post except when it comes to the Updykes, I think it’s more of old Milwaukee’s best or Keystone, instead of Bud Light. 🤣

Hey...don't be hating on Keystone!!!! Equate brand Coors Light! I drank my weight of it in my early 20's. I will never forget when Keystone was doing a "Hooptie Giveaway" LMAO. Does anyone else remember this? Literally said it on the case. "WIN A HOOPTIE!!!" 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Great post Fitty!

Hey...don't be hating on Keystone!!!! Equate brand Coors Light! I drank my weight of it in my early 20's. I will never forget when Keystone was doing a "Hooptie Giveaway" LMAO. Does anyone else remember this? Literally said it on the case. "WIN A HOOPTIE!!!" 

I don’t remember the Hooptie. I just remember the commercials with a guy in a mullet, was kind of redneck looking while drinking, Keystone. I thought to myself: that reminds me of the turds.

glad you enjoyed it in your younger days! Thanks for the memory!

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t remember the Hooptie. I just remember the commercials with a guy in a mullet, was kind of redneck looking while drinking, Keystone. I thought to myself: that reminds me of the turds.

glad you enjoyed it in your younger days! Thanks for the memory!

His name was Keith Stone iirc.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

His name was Keith Stone iirc.

Was just coming to say that!!!!.

The Hooptie give away was in 2007 I believe based off where I was living at the time. I wanted so badly to win such "not super valuable" prize!